*absolutely exposes every reviewer and destroys their credibility*

*absolutely exposes every reviewer and destroys their credibility*

Reviewers keep cherry picking the most retarded reasons to buy a GTX 1650 and rant hours over dumb shit, but this just shows how alienated they are from the consumers and how much they fail to grasp the future implications of this product. The so-called experts keep making the same mistakes over and over again.
It might not be a must buy now, but when the low-profile models come out and the price drops within the 100$ range this will be an absolute beast for low-end PCs like the 1030GT was.

I'm not even mad about the AMD comparisons. Its competition from AMD are all outdated power-hogging garbage with the only advantage of them being lower price due to being at the end of their life-cycles. Give the 1650 a year to settle into the market and the same idiots will start singing praises over how much it's worth it and a literal steal for a 100 bucks.

Feel free to screencap this, time will prove me right.

Attached: Nvidia_GeForce_GTX_1650_Banner.png (530x381, 40K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6ESkYHzT8LU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: OK.png (636x210, 34K)

Gaymes are for children

Youtube influencers are some of the most out of touch with reality retards I've ever seen.
They completely disregard the fact that most of the market is moved by prebuilts often with no PCIE power and how intimidated most normies are about trying to upgrade a power supply.

The reason the 1650 performs as it is, is because it was designed from the ground up with 1 strict rule and that is not to exceed the onboard PCIE power restrictions, board partners being retarded and slapping additional power on a card designed to not take additional power is another issue.

Nvidia has had complaints since the GTX 650 days that their budget card requires a PCIE power connector, so Nvidia designed the 750/950/1050TI to have versions that could run without a PCIE connector and the GTX 1650 is a continuation of that.

The GTX 1650 is comparable with the GTX 1060 3GB has 4GB of ram and does not require a PCIE connector.
The price is merely a reflection of the market segment that it's targeting (the no PCIE segment), in which arguably the only competition is the 1050TI and the RX 560.

The GTX 1650 is not the fastest card at this price point, however it should provide an excellent overclocking profile for enthusiasts and will probably not be a match for the Intel Core i7-5960X in a PC-centric environment.
For the average consumer, who doesn't need performance on par with Intel's Core i7-6900K, or even $1000 for the same system, AMD will have better offerings in AMD's FX family of APUs. On this note, it will be interesting to see how the company handles it's high end APUs in the coming years.

>In the future when this card is more obsolete than it already is, It will be better

I guess you don't know much about generation support from Nvidia either do you?

The fact is, as the 1650 price drops, so will the RX 570.

Fact as well; the 1650 doesn't suck, it just sucks for the price. It is a $80 card priced at $150.

Fact 3: You're in hard denial

Why does this look like it was written by talktotransformer.com

>Power hogging
>75 more watts

Are you dumb? Even in Australia where power is .40c kw/h, at 10 hours of gaming a day, that is $100/year. That is gaming 10 hours, every day for 365 days straight. If you do that, you're already a failure and should kill yourself.

For a real human being, in the 1st world, at .07c kw/h 75 watts isn't much. Even if it was 75 watts vs 400 watts. Still won't make a difference.

TL;DR, quit grabbing straws you retarded fat fuck faggot. The 1650 is priced horribly.

Hardware Unboxed's recent vid on the 1650 basically shuts down the 75watt argument (which is to say, it has its uses in an OEM machine with no pcie power connectors) as such a shittastic machine holds the card back massively.

Also off the top of my head the 1650 doesn't have the latest Nvidia decoder so its shit for HTPC as well.

Also. The 1650 gets clapped by a 1050Ti... which is laughable at best.

The 1050Ti is the same price new (whoa $10 more, omg) than the 1650 and still beats it.... and surprise, its overpriced as fuck too. The 1050Ti was $80 when it came out. At that price it was fine. It still hasn't dropped below $100 in 2 years.

Cute

Now check german prices and fuck off

Germany's power is .10 cheaper than Australia....

>lying tripfag
checks out

Stop watching and listening to youtube tech niggers.

>"here's 50 reasons why the RX 570 is better than the 1650..."
>"...but it draws less power"

Attached: 1526130941152.png (660x800, 26K)

Power draw never mattered until Nvidia said it did, then it became the most important metric for a gpu as this thread shows.

Damn, if that's true then what a retarded design choice. Gimping your card just purely to avoid using a PCIE power cable. I don't think I've ever had to think twice about sticking a 6/8pin in the slot and calling it a day.

>I don't think I've ever had to think twice about sticking a 6/8pin in the slot and calling it a day
The preference comes from OEMs, not actual consumers.

gtx480 had a 250w tdp, it was too much.

The 480 was never given a cooler capable of handling 250w. Modern coolers that are rated for it are superior in basically every way - they are quiet and keep the chips cool. If Hawaii and Cega (well, V64 and 56) can be air cooled sensibly power draw basically doesn't matter. The 2080ti is a 250w card in practical terms and that has some really good coolers.

Hell the VII cooler is nearly upto the task and is smaller than most.

Nvidia is fucking dumb, they emailed me to buy a 2080 and upgrade my 1080 for Fortnite.

I seriously think nvidia should convert the 1650 into a mobile chip. Maybe it'll fare better there.

Radeon VII owner here, that cooler would be fine if AMD didn't chimp out and actually made sure the vapor chamber made good contact with the die. All the heat dissipation in the world won't help if there is no contact made. I have it under water now because it was so fucking loud stock. Now that it's under water I have 0 complaints

It seems to be good enough to give AMDrones weeks worth of buttmad.

how did you do your water mod, was it a waterblock and loop or just an AIO? I have a h110i that I'm looking to slap on my vega 64 but I don't want to light my house on fire, at least not while I'm in it

Every prebuilt pc in the last 10 years has a 500w psu with 6pin you idiot fuck

>It is a $80 card priced at $150.

750 Ti's go for $70 used.
No 6-pin rates a significant price premium, and low profile adds another on top.

based
if you mean that OEMs want the 1650 for their systems, then OEMs are retarded. If you meant that OEM designs not having 6- or 8-pin power connectors on the nonstandard PSUs is the driving reason for a consumer to want a PCIe-only powered card for their cheap OEM system, then
>vid related
youtube.com/watch?v=6ESkYHzT8LU
>tl;dw the 1650 in an OEM PC gets gimped so badly by low power cpus and sub 75watt power delivery on PCIe that it usually doesn't even beat a 560 or 1050ti at 1080p, so the "no 6/8pin power connector = OEM compatible" argument is retarded because you can use a cheaper card for the same perf.

>tfw Nvidia game offer for the 1660/1660ti is Fucking Fortnite.

Attached: images.jpg (300x168, 7K)

>Why aren't reviewers speculating about the future instead of talking about current reality?

kek

too young to remember the hd 5870 vs gtx 480 days?

If you actually worked with office computers you'll realize they often come with 250~350W PSUs you deluded fuck.

You're retarded, the 1050TI is going the way of the 950 and getting phased out.
OEMs want a new model number so bad Nvidia had to create the 800 series just for OEMs to have something "new" to sell.

Normies want the newest shiniest GPU model, and the RX560 has a laughable marketshare.

The 1650 is 35% faster than the 1050TI on average, what are you smoking.

Attached: 1050[1].png (1324x1261, 57K)

Keep AMD GPUs out of my PC is the best reason to buy it. If I wanted 1500kW heat pumps in my room I'd buy a dedicated solution.

It was a waterblock and loop. First I used the one alphacool generic block that could fit after dremeling it to clear some inductors, then the blyski block when it came out. For Vega 64 there might be some other AIO mod that's compatible, not well versed it other Vega cards. I do know the hole spacing for mounts isnt the same between r7 and vega56/64. A 240mm AIO is great cooling for any gpu, best of luck

>uses the video decoder from pascal
so it's even useless for a HTPC...

What fucking future? Nvidia's *50Ti GPUs age so poorly, the 750Ti was a killer budget card and it can barely game.

Attached: budget pc gaming.png (2493x834, 755K)

>Gaming
>Beast
>1030

Attached: 1548035294934.jpg (251x251, 20K)

>dem 9s
The Nvidia shills will say anything, even back when AMD's HD7750 was the killer power efficient single slot card, you didn't see people shilling it like the 1030, it's like 1/4th the performance of a 7970.

Great HTPC and light gaming card for older titles, though.

What did Turing even add of value?

>1660
>1650

*yawn*

Let me know when the 1610 or 1630 gets here.

>XX30
>XX10
How the hell can you anticipate such low end Junk, even nvidia's been super efficient since Pascal, I wouldn't want such low end stuff unless you literaly have an optiplex like I used to.

You have no idea what you are talking about. Maybe if by prebuilt you mean Alienware shit or some gaymer brand.

Go and look at the mountains of business class optiplexes (etc). Dell, Lenovo, HP. All will have 200-300w psus, at the most, the absolute most. Vast majority will sit around 200.

>Low end junk

In what way are they low end?
If i'm not playing video games and i'm not rendering scenes then what do I need more than an xx10 or xx30 for? I'm currently running three 1080p screens off a GT710, one of which is 144hz, it gets all my work done, all my fun browsing and even some video games, all without needing a fan and all without more than 19w of draw.

Explain to me why these cards are insufficient in your opinion.

Literally just get an APU that performs the same for less. Motherboards have 3 display outputs and you can daisy chain more with DP.

Attached: raven-ridge-review-rocket-league.png (740x540, 43K)

Oh I see, your sensible solution so that I don't have to buy a GPU is to... buy an entirely new system?
I can see why you were top of your class user, congratulations.

Yes, it's better than buying overpriced junk. If you're going to upgrade your GPU then there's far better deals. If you don't need the power then you might as well build a more efficient system since you don't care about price/perf in the first place. But you do you.

Well if you cared about power usage the rest of your system would be an ultra low power setup as well, and the 2400G is 65w and pretty much obsoleted those lo end display adapters, that's why we haven't seen anything newer than that Kepler based GT 710, cause we don't need anything like that anymore.

>Hawaii
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE DELT
Mine is still running 50 celsius idle after fresh repaste

>office computers
Not meant for gaming in the first place. Also people likely don't buy them as you pay extra for Q chipset and vPro

>Go and look at the mountains of business class optiplexes (etc). Dell, Lenovo, HP. All will have 200-300w psus, at the most, the absolute most. Vast majority will sit around 200.

...but most consumers don't buy new Optiplexes/Elitedesks/ThinkCentres because you pay a premium for management and security features. You can literally shell $100 to $300 more for vPro, a chassis intrusion switch and some security firmware when you don't even update your windows.

People buy them all the time when they go on clearance sales or when businesses retire them.

The Dell Optiplex is very popular and people make a living and entire businesses refurbishing and reselling them.

People justified the 480's power draw because it was fast. It really is okay when Nvidia does it. Remember nobody cared about Kepler's power draw (particularly the fat die that went into the 780ti) as it wasn't really much better than the 290x.

mein neger

getting a stable low-end card into a junk system that will never have to do any heavy-lifting is a common situation