/spg/ - Smartphone General

Pixel 3a & 3a XL Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: vpavic_190503_3404_0049.jpg (2040x1360, 277K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
businesstoday.in/technology/news/whatsapp-end-updates-and-support-windows-phone-dec-31-2019-messenger/story/344449.html
9to5google.com/2019/04/04/palm-phone-standalone-android/
news.samsung.com/br/samsung-apresenta-galaxy-m-no-brasil
motorola.com.br/moto-e5/p
motorola.com.br/moto-g7/p
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

X posted from other thread:
I have an iPhone X (don't bitch about it, please, it was free and I was "required" to get an iPhone due to the need for facetime. Don't bitch about that either, people are stupid but they are signing my paychecks so they're apparently more clever than I am) that's on iOS 11.4.1 and was wondering if the jailbreak these days is as awesome as the jailbreak was back on the first generation iPhone. I kept my first gen iPhone until I broke it like an asshole because I liked it so much. Can someone link me to some info that's worth a damn?

Posted in the last thread but
Any case reccs for a Redmi Note 5,
ps stop making fun of my smol hands pls

Mofi fabric case

What do you think about this solution for a notchless display?

Attached: huawei_design_patent.jpg (769x434, 18K)

Need a new phone for my wife
Germany,
Vodafone,
Budget 300 euro

Needs good camera, big batterie and enough power for the future, amoled ist a plus but not that important.

Is a pocophone the only option or is there another one?

Looks gay. Might as well adopt the new Xperai design with barely there proportionate bezels instead of having a lump on the top of the phone.

And when will there be the Pocophone F2? Is it worth the wait?

Wait for the new Redmi SD855 flagship.

Guys what do you think about the UMIDIGI F1 Play?

Attached: erthfbswrhgb.png (888x967, 636K)

Everyone keeps saying the Chinese phones are the best deal but do they make any that work with USA services yet?

What do you guys not get in the "block front camera physically so they can't spy on you"? The mi mix 3 is already perfection, you literally can't make a better solution.

solution to a non existing problem

yes

Thanks senpai

The only sliding gimmick that's acceptable is the pop up selfie camera. Having the entire phone slide up looks cheap as shit, like a toy.

Which ones?

Looks sexy, has stock OS too on top of a fatter battery. Just get it.

So is the budget snapdragon 670 worth it for ~$200? the pixel 3a

depends on what carrier you on

ATT

The stupidest post of the day. Slider phones existed back before smartphones, and even since then. It's the best solution to not have anything in the way of the screen.
>motorized pop-up camera
Lol that's the worst solution after the screen cutout. Enjoy waiting for the camera to come out until it just breaks and doesn't work anymore. It also looks dumb. Did you show your pop-up camera phone to others? Because I showed my mix and people always, always react extremely positivity like positively.

$200 is a lot more reasonable than the current asking price of $400

I want to trade in my S9 for something else, what phone companies do trade ins? I was considering getting a pixlel or something but google doesn't have a trade in program in the UK and i'd get a new samsung but the entire reason as to why I want a new phone is that i'm sick of exynos shit draining my battery

>markets the 3a/3a XL as their midrange phones
>prices the 3a $100 above the OP6T
>prices the 3a XL $70 below the OP7P
>poor Indians will buy the Note 7 Pro, a Zenfone or whatever
>rich Indians will just get the regular Pixel 3 or something else
>based Indians like me will get the OP7P
what is Google even trying to accomplish here? In burgerland it makes sense because of their pozzed bands but no one will buy this shit here.

Attached: jewgle.jpg (2306x870, 356K)

Too bad it has a garbage SoC and is locked down. For that alone it's not worth and also the import taxes, customs, etc.

North Amerifat market and care about the amazing camera? Yes
Britcuck or Frog? no, its too expensive at £400/469 Eur

The P60 is quite legit though. And a locked bootloader sucks since I doubt they'll be consistent with updates but who cares

The 3a goes for $200 in the States?

Other than installing Lineage OS and being careful of what I install, how can I make my phone more private and safe?

Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, Mi8/Mi9/Mi9 SE, Mi Mix 2s/Mix 3
Umidigi F1, F1 Play, S3 Pro
Any Oneplus phone

Use the filters here to find more phones with AT&T bands, ideally you want at least B2, B4, B5 and B12 or B17, but depending on where you live having even just B2/4/5 can be enough for decent LTE coverage:
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones

what is the best phone released in 2019 with a proper rectangular display (90 degree angles).
It seems like every phone now has some kind of rounded edge which makes it look like some kid's toy

Attached: 1479093619561.jpg (733x550, 61K)

Just fuck off, luddite.

what you mean with "is locked down"?

this guy here
so samsung is having a sale and I can get a note 9 for cheap if I trade in which would solve my battery troubles somewhat but that exynos cpu still triggers me

Attached: f4a3341cfb30b870e7a26b02bc18269b.png (1553x763, 240K)

Cool, thanks.

don't be stupid, you'd be going from one exyshitter to another. Just sell the phone and buy something without an Exyshit SoC.

I'm about to buy a Lumia 535. Is Windows Mobile still useable?

It has all the apps i need, i'll only use WhatsApp and a music player anyways.

Attached: mpv-shot2275.jpg (1280x720, 152K)

well i'll only be able to get £300 for it at max but I don't know where to sell it really because it has a crack on the camera glass at the back and a bit of wear and tear, it's like 7/10 condition

>i'll only use WhatsApp
yeah, about that...
businesstoday.in/technology/news/whatsapp-end-updates-and-support-windows-phone-dec-31-2019-messenger/story/344449.html

How bad is the battery for you on the S9? And how much did you pay for the S9, and how long ago?
Would getting a powerbank to carry with you on days you will use your phone a lot be a better solution?

Locked bootloader, so no Lineage OS or the like when the OEM gives on updates.

£500 last year
I don't mind "losing" money on it but only if I can trade it in and pay £200 ish for a new phone

You can still use it normally, afaik.

are you sure you'd even get the full trade-in value from Samsung? Pic related is from the terms and conditions.

Attached: Capture6.png (646x290, 59K)

If you trade in old phone. Iphone 6 trade in value is ~250 and they give you $100 google store credit or if you buy from best buy you get $100 best buy gift card.

whoops forgot about the rest of your post
I don't want to carry a powerbank and I get about 6 hours SOT and I want 8 at least

wasn't something like this meme'd a couple months back? it's as if one of Huagay's designers lurks these threads...

Is the OnePlus7 a decent upgrade from a Galaxy S6?

Is there a phone like the Palm phone that doesn't require Verizon or the weird syncing with an existing phone? Basically a phone with a screen of about 3" that runs at least Android 8.1 and has a tolerable amount of ram and storage.

Attached: 615383-palm-phone-19[1].jpg (810x456, 78K)

Are there any decent compact phones to replace my Sony Xperia XZ2? Just want something small and preferably waterproof with relatively new Android.

In Denmark, if that matters.

Pixel 3 or Galaxy S10e (get the SD855 version)

that's what GSI images are for dumbass

Attached: Screenshot_Via_20190508-151501.png (1023x2048, 416K)

fug maybe i'll just refurb it myself by putting a new back on it, new battery and a skin to hide the minor scuffs on the corners

Unihertz Jelly Pro or Unihertz Atom is the closest I can think of

Why is Android so laggy? Honest question

Just myself an xperia xz1 after some time on iPhone. This this feels laggy as shit when scrolling through anything compared to my iPhone.

I'm taking this shit back

Thanks, but both of those are huge compared to the Xperia Compact models I've had over the years.

Do they simply not make contact phones any longer?

unironically get a dumb phone if you want a small phone
"phones" aren't "phones" anymore, they're computers and if you want a tiny computer that hinders your ability to use it for all the things a computer would be used for i.e media, web browsing etc then you are retarded, contrarian or both

Sony XZ1 / XZ2 Compact and iPhone 8 are the last proper compact phones (

where do you even buy a new, 2 year old phone???

Thanks! I did see those but they're not quite what I'm looking for.

the Palm phone works as a standalone phone now so I guess you could in theory buy it through Verizon and then put your own SIM in (afaik Verizon phones are unlocked).
9to5google.com/2019/04/04/palm-phone-standalone-android/

The smallest flagship is gonna be the iPhone XS with the 10e next to it. But yeah you're fucked if you want anything small. OneUI is set up for one handed use though which is a plus.

Guess I'll just see if I can dig up an XZ1 Compact somewhere. The XZ2 Compact I have now (have to leave it when changing jobs) is a bit bigger and has no jack.

The problem with dumb phones is they don't support 4G/LTE which is increasingly becoming the only option in a lot of areas as 2G/3G transmitters get taken offline.
I used pic related for years, and then I started having no signal in places that I did before. Got an iPhone SE and it's working everywhere, but does way more than I need (Calls/SMS/Music) and I miss the durability and physical keys/keyboard.

Attached: LG-Cosmos.jpg (550x550, 57K)

IOS is only found on devices from one manufacturer, pretty much anyone that can make a phone can run their own shittily coded flavour of android

Those are the main reasons, having to be relatively hardware agnostic and the low barrier of entry means that anroid often feels less finely polished than ios

buy a nokia 4.2

Attached: ap_resize.png (728x409, 390K)

Not avaliable in my country.

which country are you from?

>3000 mAh battery
>4xx series snapdragon

kek. throw it straight into the trash

Welp just ordered my redmi air memes, I've been looking for a pair of wireless headphones for running with anyway

How much worse are bluetooth headphones than regular iems anyway? anyone else got theirs yet? I've literally never used wireless audio before

I have a pair of Plantronics backbeat fit, but I don't have anything to compare it at the moment. The cheap shit I use for wired is way worse than that. In a week or two I'll get my kz zsn meme, so I'll be able to tell you more

okay so the next few weeks promise to be pretty good for new phones
>oneplus 7 series
>xiaomi k20
>mi A3?
>realme

Get out

Brazil.

>biggest problem with Pixel 3 is sluggishness
>the one with the slower processor will be way better
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Been looking for a new phone to buy and was looking for some advice. Currently have a Moto G4 and have been looking for something better within a similar-ish price range (150-300) and size. Don't really care about features as long as it's got at least 32gb of storage and a good cpu. I live in the US if that helps

Any good Chinese phones that work in Canada on Freedom or should I just get the 3a?

what carrier?

get the samsung m20/m30 they have huge battery(5,0000 mah)and usb c fast charging and works whats app and music play.
also it's has better support than windows mobile which is dedware.
also it's available in Brazil

Attached: Samsung-Galaxy-M30-Review-696x435.jpg (696x435, 56K)

Online in some random website

Jow Forums belongs to us, white man.

more info on Brazil's release of the m20/30
news.samsung.com/br/samsung-apresenta-galaxy-m-no-brasil
it's coming out in the may 16th.
it will be worth the wait

>R$ 1199
Too expensive for me.

What are the chances the Pixel 3a receives an update that completely fucks with the performance? I know that happened with the Pixel 3. Did Google learned from their mistakes?
I have a Sony Xperia Z3 from 2014 and I feel like I need a new phone. I have no interest in the top of the line stuff, because I don't need it.

the moto e5 might be better
>motorola.com.br/moto-e5/p
>R$ 699,00
or even the moto g7 play
>motorola.com.br/moto-g7/p
>R$ 1.599,00

Attached: motorola-moto-e5-1.jpg (620x650, 61K)

Don’t forget the honor 20 near the end of the month.

Redmi Note 7.

>that's what GSI images are for dumbass
They're often fairly buggy.

I only have R$ 150. Yes, i'm this poor.

I can buy an used Moto G2 with that money, but i think the Lumia is better because it won't lag too much.

Attached: mpv-shot1421.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

In Ireland, looking for a €150-€200 chinkphone. Has to have NFC,

If only mediatek wasn't shit

>R$ 150
lmaooo, just steal a phone then

>R$ 150.
What currency is that?

Learn to search.

Attached: image.png (626x394, 17K)

>Robux
got it, thanks user

I did, it also gave me an African currency. That's why I asked.

If you'd followed the reply chain back you wouldn't have to ask

Too lazy for that.

Get a used iPhone 4s/5s/5c or a used samsung s4/s5/s6