Maths and numbers

our understanding of real numbers are illogical

youtu.be/Nu-YPJSNFpE

Attached: 1528136369974.png (1788x1042, 1.46M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TfAKsZOWBVg
youtube.com/watch?v=nSVrNaXSx4k
youtube.com/watch?v=CJlMoLkfhI8
youtube.com/watch?v=XkqmuUg_yFs
youtube.com/watch?v=AeSt2KNUdXY
youtube.com/watch?v=r5dPasQtbY8
youtube.com/watch?v=t4LadFEJArM
youtube.com/watch?v=2aM6kKSf4R0
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_trigonometry
youtube.com/watch?v=lcIbCZR0HbU
youtube.com/watch?v=REeaT2mWj6Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

this is Jow Forums friend we have floating point thats all we care about

this is Jow Forums friend we have consumer electronics*, thats all we care about

I watched a few of this guys lectures and he seem legit. Should I watch all of them? The only thing I didn't really picked up in school/college is advanced geometry and calculus. Also, what do you guys think of khanacademy courses on math?

Attached: image2.png (1626x2300, 1.95M)

>Should I watch all of them?
yes
>khanacademy courses on math?
pretty good

good video desu

>The only thing I didn't really picked up in school/college is advanced geometry and calculus
>the only thing
sure buddy

Trying to use geometry to reason that our mathematical understanding of the continuum is wrong is at least dishonest.
Geometry is the dimensional implementation of mathematics, in a sense. It's a subset, and therefore we're unable to draw proper conclusions about the latter by using the former.

There's a reason ancient greeks called certain numbers "irrational"... think about it. It's because an irrational number cannot be represented in a geometrical way, apart from some few exceptions.

I'm sorry fren. In my native language it's a legit sentence. Guess I'll have to watch some grammar courses as well.

i meant you must be either very confident or arrogant if you say that those two fields of math are only one you did not learn

>you say that those two fields of math are only one you did not learn
When did he say that? He said those are the only two subjects he didn't pick up in his own school.

Attached: 1548378546894.jpg (470x647, 78K)

I meant that I had those subjects in school but I didn't really understood them back them (mostly because I was lazy and careless).

*draws a right angled triangle with sides 1, 1, and sqrt2*
irrationals very much CAN be represented geometrically you peasant.
They just can't be represented as a ratio.

I post the video set where he made circuit analysis cake walk via algebra of bool and get zero(0) replys.
Op post one of his rational ramblingsvdeos and he got a thread.
fuck you

>youtube.com/watch?v=TfAKsZOWBVg
>youtube.com/watch?v=nSVrNaXSx4k
>youtube.com/watch?v=CJlMoLkfhI8
>youtube.com/watch?v=XkqmuUg_yFs
>youtube.com/watch?v=AeSt2KNUdXY
>youtube.com/watch?v=r5dPasQtbY8
>youtube.com/watch?v=t4LadFEJArM
>youtube.com/watch?v=2aM6kKSf4R0

Attached: 1548580799714.png (549x349, 156K)

Question from a CS fag to mathfags: Is is worth watching?

no. dude is posting clickbait video.

Being white, not pajeet and don't know math am i subhuman or is it ok?

He is /sci/ Terry A. Davis. Man reinvented math from bottom up using only god-approved divine rational numbers, completely avoiding using satanic real numbers and infinity.
His has a video on practically everything, and his most prized works are 'Rational trigonometry' and 'Algebraic calculus' which the mainstream is trying to shutdown hence you'll never hear about it (outside /sci/).
He is the Jesus of math we need, but do not deserve.

You can read about RT if you're interested here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rational_trigonometry

If you want to understand his genius then quit thinking about infinity (or even big numbers) as a thing cold turkey and start thinking in terms of computability (as in, if you think it, you should also be able to write it (e.g. on paper)).
As the most basic example, don't think of {1, 2, 3, ...} as a static infinite set of all natural numbers, but think of it as a set of 4 elements 1, 2, 3 and a generator element '...' that can generate a natural number, and the generator '...' again.
This is also why he hates real numbers and why /sci/ believes 0.999...!=1

Attached: njw.png (954x409, 87K)

It's garbage. Pick up an actually rigorous book if you want to learn the subject itself.

Kys, Wildberger is a tenured professor, Yale alumni

and he's posting clickbait.
rly makes u think
his video here is making wild unsubstantiated claims which he (hypocritically) does not explain.

yes but it goes over Jow Forums's head.

Oh yeah? Do you have a generalized formula to represent any irrational number geometrically?... Didn't think so.

youtube.com/watch?v=lcIbCZR0HbU

Attached: 1555143918452.jpg (1280x720, 75K)

Doesn't seem like he demonstrates that real numbers are illogical as much as he demonstrates an alternative to axiomatic arithmetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=REeaT2mWj6Y
with proof and everything but i know you wont watch it

Attached: index.jpg (721x811, 109K)

>math
>electronics
This is a code monkey board, m8.

consumer electronics board*

Actually, at this point it's just /v/'s hardware flamewar board.

Based.

Attached: 1557121224229.gif (320x180, 1.77M)

10 minutes in and he still hasn't spit out what the problem is. TLDR?