Pinebook

youtu.be/sXLdIYL30tw

I dunno guys, it seems like a Jewgle-free "Chromebook" to me, just gotta flash a different image onto it. I'd go for an XFCE desktop environment if it were me, it seems like it would make a legitimate performance difference with how cheap this thing is.

Attached: Pinebook_11.6inch.jpg (600x600, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pine64.org/pinebook/
libv.livejournal.com/27461.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>no trackpoint
shite

Do you like fondling nipples that much?

pine64.org/pinebook/
>11.6"
>1080p
>IPS

>CANT PLAY 1080P VIDEO

OHNONONONONONOOOOOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pinebook Pro looks promising, the basic pine book looks like garbage, unless they trickle the hardware down, i.e. next years Pinebook gets the Pro SOC and the new Pro gets an updated one?

Don't you?

Attached: 1553624425693.jpg (750x730, 77K)

>linus

I can't find any more comprehensive web browsing tests to see how trash it is, but I'd like to flash an Android x86 image onto one and see how it compares in mobile benchmarks.

>smartphone hardware in a less convenient package
"No."

>Smartphone power with a 12 inch screen and a keyboard and trackpad for $99

"Yes."

At least Linus didn't drop this one.

>low end smartphone from 2014 "power" with a 100-nit panel and garbage trackpad for any price
"Fuck off shill."

he mentioned something about the GPU driver being a binary blob I believe and not available on arch variants?
it might take some time for real ARM support from OS

I wouldn't mind a $100 shitbook, I already use one (Braswell) and the iGPU alone keeps it relevant as a thin client.

It's probably a mali-400, it's an ancient 11 year old gpu at this point

First of all why would Pine64 hire someone to shitpost on a low traffic board, second of all we all know the 100 nits isn't an issue for you since your electricity got turned off faggot.

Wait for pro.(apparently if will be finished once a few bugs are taken care of)
Even they admit the normal pinebook was more of a test

Afaik its all because one manager in a team did not want to open the source code for the gpu.

more of /ourguy/
WHEN?

also, why the fuck do they touch there like every 5min? is that the wireless mic thing?

Attached: heourguy.png (563x361, 300K)

They're advancing the teleprompter. Linus says that in a mean comments video.

/ourguy/ is not an untermensch working under a onions lord with hapas carrying on his legacy. It's either RMS, Terry, or Babu who are qualified for the position.

Whatever it is it's $100. Ordeered one to act as a thin client and lite dev on the go machine.

Reading the story of the guy behind the lima driver is a pretty eye opening one. Would recommend people reading it.

libv.livejournal.com/27461.html

only nipples he'll ever get to fondle

>reviewing a SBC based laptop 2 fucking years after it came out
Is LTT really this retarded?

absolute autist. trackpads are objectively better at getting your mouse where you need it to be