*prevents your Wayland desktop*

>*prevents your Wayland desktop*
REEE I just want to use comfy Sway!

Attached: 1200px-Nvidia_image_logo.svg.png (1200x936, 56K)

Is that NVIDIAs fault or Wayland devs fault?

It honestly makes me want to roll back to i3-wm. Nvidia is such a fucking shit company I swear.

Nvidia wanted Wayland devs to cuck and write the entire thing the way Nvidia wanted it. They said fuck off and now Nvidia is pouting and refusing to release drivers for it.

Wayland is pointless. Just as shit as X but with no cross compatibility

Should Nvidia follow the standards that AMD and Intel followed or should everyone follow whatever retardation Nvidia wants because their drivers are coded so poorly

Nvidia works fine on gnome 3.32 Wayland and KDE Wayland patch has been submitted and will be available for 5.16

>Sway
Your fault for using something made my an sjw-redditor numale who hates Nvidia becsuse of "muh patriachy"

you've clearly never touched a desktop environment or a window manager before

It's a shame that since Grasslin stepped down as kwin maintainer KDE started cucking by accepting vendor specific patches. At least Nvidia is the one contributing.

god fucking damnit i hate nvidia and their bullshit
their drivers arent even in MSI mode even when their Workstation cards are, theyre cucking all that buys regular cards

Fuck nvidia, and fuck amd for not competing ree

You have to be pretty garbage when even Apple doesn't want to work with you and do what they can to stop you from releasing your newet drivers on their current OS.

Nvidia. They insist on doing everything in their own special snowflake way, for literally no other reason than because EGLStreams is their idea and no one else's, even though GBM isn't even remotely shitty enough to warrant development of an alternative.

Attached: this sparks joy.png (361x280, 190K)

You should only ever turn MSI on for compatibility it negatively affects performance.

Nvidia, FUCK YOU!

Attached: 1528069236376.png (576x1154, 111K)

>you have to make it work with our own special proprietary standard

Attached: 1552717031620.png (589x1016, 103K)

? Literally both Gnome and Plasma now run under Wayland Nvidia fluently. Plasma still has some minor bugs but it works perfectly.

The only thing missing is XWayland which effectively means games (wine) won't run. So if you want games use X in any other case use Wayland even if on Nvidia.

but that's the whole point German kde guys refused to write eglstream for kwin. Years later Nvidia writes it themselves and submits it. and now we have Plasma with Wayland and Nvidia running.

Yes, it super negatively affected my performance by dropping DPC spikes to sub 150µs, kernel interrrupts dropped a shit ton and ISR's went poof

Such bad, very poor.

You do know enterprise cards are running it right, by default.

As I understand it...

Wayland was obviously a chance to change a lot of the low level stuff going on with Linux graphics. The wayland teams, Intel, AMD etc... everyone besides NVIDIA basically, decided to pursue a buffer API called GBM. NVIDIA flat refused to use GBM and pushed their own EGLStreams technology instead. Back in the Wayland camp that too was met with flat refusal.

So basically the main issue is getting everyone to agree on what they're doing, which is probably gunna end up involving something that's part way between the two technologies. Exactly why NVIDIA are refusing to budge I have no idea, maybe they have good reason maybe not. At a complete guess its probably so NVIDIA can keep more of the same code for all their drivers cross platform, no idea if that's true or not just a guess.

There are some experimental unofficial patches to get Wayland to work with NVIDIA by providing this EGLStream support, I've seen GNOME running on NVIDIA anyway. However no distro or upstream Wayland developers want to enable this fragmentation by doing anything but ignoring these patches. They want one clean standard based on GBM. There are articles from Wayland developers about why they don't like EGLStreams and won't just standardise on that, I don't really understand the technicalities though I'll just take it for granted they know their stuff.

Attached: 20190507_191701.jpg (4032x3024, 3.69M)

that's what you get for using loonix

he said it himself he would not stop the code from being merged if it ever happened, before leavnig, so nothing changed; go read his blog

>wayland
Literal vaporware

Nvidia is fucking garbage; they dropped support for Kelper mobile GPU which includes the 860M which still can run games perfectly fine. Its fucked they drop support per architecture rather than actual card speeds. So this means they will drop support for the RTA 2060 and 2080 TI at the same time. fucking retards.

Literally the default in gnome.

>buying Nvidia products

Attached: torvaldsnvidia-640x424.jpg (640x424, 29K)