Have you ever met a programmer in his 50s?

They're the biggest fucking losers on the planet and they spent 30 years writing code, their names forgotten LMFAO.

Just fucking lol @ being a programmer.

Attached: 36905571_1050271235122339_279768556139184128_n.jpg (287x287, 14K)

>they spent 30 years writing code
What's your point? Some people like writing code, and the job pays well. Some would even prefer to write code for 40 or even 50 years.

i actually had one working with us, he was a god level

OP is a twat.

Absolute cuck, must feel comfortable never making something of yourself.

Yeah, they're highly intelligent and yet they were to stupid to found a company or make something of themselves. Ml

Mad?

im sure they must feel really bad about themselves sitting on a 2mil+ retirement

>Yeah, they're highly intelligent and yet they were to stupid to found a company or make something of themselves. Ml

well i'm still somewhere far from it, but i have no wish to change job either, i was offered managerial positions several times and the prospect of it appalls me. As a senior I have a very solid compensation package, better than almost any of my friends, I can retire now and live comfortably of my savings until i'm 150yo, so i'm not sure what would i personally change to "make something of myself."

The prospect of doing something that is fun for me at a decent level of pay is something I can live with. Not everyone has to be a Gate, Knuth, Musk whatever...

I met a programmer in his 70s. The guy owns more houses than his entire reporting chain. He said he tried retirement but it was boring.
You're just going to have to accept that for some of us, it's more than a job. It's a passion.

You don't need to start a business to "make something" of yourself.

>2019
>not making 300k a week as a plumber

just lol @ being a zoomer cancer, born into a generation of nothing, filled with talentless nobodies and no-names, being jealous of people that work hard all of their lives? get back to your tranny discord channel and fucking die.

> Absolute cuck, must feel comfortable never making something of yourself.
self projection is such a cunt, isn't it faggot? stop stealing your neighbor's wifi and GET A FUCKING JOB.

Cuck mindset. Imagine dying forgotten.

>Cuck mindset. Imagine dying forgotten.
People who unironically want to be remembered don't really deserve just for that amount of arrogance in the first place.

Cope

based boomer
when are you going to fucking die, dad?

quiet Luke

Have you ever met a wagie in his 50s?

They're the biggest fucking losers on the planet and they spent 30 years waging, their names forgotten LMFAO.

Just fucking lol @ being a wagie.

tough shit, everyone's name gets forgotten unless they achieve something truly special. That's just beyond retarded OP.

Brother-in-law is a 60+ yr old who does mainframe assembly programming. House, family, grandkids, flown overseas for high profile work. Sux to be him.

>Have you ever met a programmer in his 50s?
No. They're all upper middle class and I'm only middle class.

terry a davis

Dickhead

I met a man in his 60s in college that was going for a CS degree. He told me he is currently a Senior Assembly Language coder and was asked to update his skill set.

Yeah there's a bunch in my city, most of them have retired or work remotely, spend a lot of their free time hiking, and generally seem like they have incredibly comfy lives

god damn doing that for that long, how does he not have a decent grasp of higher level shit? Unless they wanna jump him right up to NN shit

i met an old COBOL programmer once

What made him god-like?

yea my dad he is a network engineer for a company that sells paper cups he has a office in a warehouse and he like super man he has some super man comics pined up on his walls in his office