Install visual studio

>Install visual studio
>512GB
>every day new update necessary of 150GB - 217GB
>Have 317 external hard drives connected already to store all the visual studio updates
>visual studio folder is 8012TB as of this day
>had to clear out garage to store the external hard drives
>hda to lay a heavy duty industry 1m diameter ultrahigh voltage cable to my office to keep the hard drives connected
>already arranged for weekly deliveries of new external hard drives

>Enter may 8th 2019, decide to uninstall visual studio

Am I going to survive this operation Jow Forums ? Why is this piece of shit so fucking gigantic, all I wanted to do is write some stupid c# code and make some shitty apps.

Attached: 0ed-1.jpg (495x447, 77K)

is that a man sticking a banana peel in his ear

isn't it??

Attached: a.jpg (480x360, 11K)

you guys are no help

Why would you come to Jow Forums for help retard

>5 gazilion tera
so do it on light IDE or on the fucking command line!
point and click tard.. maybe you deserve to pay your drive memory for your comphy GUI system

drop that c# shit and program c in unix
40mb ram max needed
1G drive max needed for os+compiler

kek'd and check'd
>all I wanted to do is write some stupid c# code and make some shitty apps
same

Ahahahahaha God you're such a cunt.

be grateful for the free bumps

no one forced you to install all components. smallest C# workload is

Let the man answer his damn phone you bigots

WINTODDLERS BTFO!

Attached: tenor.gif (244x300, 345K)

That's only the initial install size. It doesn't account for the bloat Visual Studio acquires as well as the bloat that it puts in your project directories. One of the projects we have at work grows from a couple hundred megabytes on a fresh clone to 16 gigabytes as soon as you hit build

IntelliJ doesn't have this problem

I use vs in a 120gb SSD with a lot of other stuff and it doesn't occupy that much space you are just retarded

>install visual studio 2019 which has a modular installer and you can literally pick what you want installed
>takes 8GB
OP is a retard

try it tonight user

>It doesn't account for the bloat Visual Studio acquires
like 900MB?

>One of the projects we have at work grows from a couple hundred megabytes on a fresh clone to 16 gigabytes as soon as you hit build
probably your shitty bloated external libraries

>t. linux consumer who doesn't use an ide

>doing C++ development on vindoos

why even bother? basically all the alternatives to Visual Studio work best on something that is built on foss toolchains like Linux.

Visual studio never took that much space.
Not even half of that.
Not even quarter.

It does take a lot of space comparatively, but what the hell, man?

.Net core is just 50mb. After that you can write C# even on fucking notepad if you want

I remember 10 years ago when I tried to do some programming on win7 and vs.
I had a 64gb ssd cut in half for debian/win7. I installed programs on a caviar black. I told vs to get on the hdd. Ms said that they need sone shit installed on the ssd too. I was like wft retards? Installation ended. It was something like 2gb of staff on the ssd and prolly 10gb on the ssd. I was left with less than 1gb of free space. I deleted everything and went back to loonix for programming. Turns out that emacs with gcc valgrind gdb ddd and kdbg are less in size than microsoft word.

.Net core framework is less in size than Word

For C++ just use eclipse.
for python / web use vs code
If you use C# kill yourself

For C# use (.Net core) use Vs Code

But hey, with all those libraries you know that your program will work on any computer that runs Windows no matter what, which is something that can't be said for Linux.

>kids fell for the tinyass SSD meme and now something so insignificant like fucking VS is bloating their shitty little toy drives
Go get a real HDD, kids.

Now with. Net core you know all those same libraries will work on Linux, no matter what

>implying that 5gbs is not a lot

I deleted my 560GB yarn cache yesterday. Not even exaggerating.

Got my ears flushed yesterday. Had a solid chunk the size of my pinky nail come out. Felt so fuckin good now I'm like goddamn superman with my hearing.

Xcode doesn't have this problem.
> t. 256GB SSD

I develop WPF and UWP.
>t. 240GB ssd

Teach me how to do the same
Honestly W10 app store itself is fine and I've been using some, but I'm really tired of either barebones or overly bloated/ad-filled applications

got 'em

Attached: bertnernie.jpg (636x515, 70K)

Are people really too lazy to type mvn build

IDEs are bloat.

Stop installing every fucking package that comes with VS.

Stop being brainlets then, .net compilers come with windows. You didn't need anything else besides reference.

suck on microsoft's incompetent fat cock nigger

> 5 gb is $5 worth of SSD capacity, $1 of HDD

Down on your luck, old timer?