/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: 1484348845011.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/01p3GkDAMPs?t=77
youtu.be/01p3GkDAMPs?t=124
youtu.be/01p3GkDAMPs?t=99
pcpartpicker.com/list/c36K6X
pcpartpicker.com/list/TqRyYT
pcpartpicker.com/product/nQc48d/asrock-x470-master-sliac-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-master-sliac
pcpartpicker.com/list/vyqQr6
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How reliable is the PSU wattage calculator at outervision really?

I did a calc there the other day for a planned build and it turned out okay but now i adjusted it with the new GPU and it says i should get a 600w psu wtf

Attached: lolwut.png (1378x1859, 213K)

How bad is the noise of a Radeon VII, be honest with me.

it says 600W UPS, a UPS is an external battery for your PC, monitors, etc.

The PSU wattage it recommends says 302.

>as it's not a blower.
As long as it's not a blower AND is a powercolor or sapphire model.
Gigabyte and XFX Vegas are garbage. Arez Strix is okay too, actually, but it's usually not as cheap.

2060 should generally work fine with Freesync, that's not the issue. The issue is that 8Gb of VRAM for 1440p isn't always going to be enough. Even if something runs fine, it can be at reduced quality or with more pop-in.

AMD CPUs weren't competitive back then. No one had to show Mindfactory Intel sales to show that Intel was better compared to Bulldozer.

>So other than the color things look good?
For 1080p? Ya solid build.
For 1440p, you'd be better off with Vega56 and it's also cheaper. On sale for $300, or $320 with 2 games included, last I checked.
And I'd go with a 1Tb SSD like the SU800 or WD Blue.
But regardless, it's a pretty solid build.

He was still spamming hours later. He made multiple threads since and was spamming in the previous thread with only a few of them being deleted. So he either wasn't banned or was only banned a few hours despite spamming and trolling for months.
Try the feedback form I guess.

Afaik it goes off of TDP and assumed TDP. That doesn't take into account how intel k CPUs will use twice their TDP in actual watts.
So sometimes it's more accurate than others.
Its "load wattage" is clearly wrong. That system is generally going to use no more than 150 watts. But the recommendation of 300W is fine in the end.
Ignore their recommended 650W PSU. That's just an ad.

Either way, you really should be using dual channel memory. 4 threads + single channel is going to stutter so bad.

Not that bad, just worse than an actual good cooler. Not even close to as bad as a blower.
Though the dB is a bit high, in the 40s, the pitch of it isn't nearly as bad as some other fans which helps.

worse than anything Nvidia, better than vega 64 blower.

>worse than anything Nvidia
Why lie like that? There are plenty of Nvidia cards louder than the VII.

>There are plenty of Nvidia cards louder than the VII.
Why lie like that?

Maybe I like the noise?!

What are reference nvidias and shitty designs

Attached: 59548666_169776304042034_481683584428539904_n.jpg (960x720, 74K)

I have a the following system :
>Intel - Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
>ASRock - Fatal1ty H97 Performance ATX LGA1150 Motherboard
>MSI - GeForce GTX 970 4 GB Twin Frozr V Video Card
>Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3
>Rosewill CAPSTONE-550-M 550W
>Fractal Design - Core 3500 ATX Mid Tower Case

It's fine for most applications and I don't care about games much anymore, but some compute heavy tasks can take days and most of the time I try to play with libraries that use CUDA, I run into out of memory errors, no matter what settings I seem to use.

I'm still in a learning phase and working things out by trial and error; if I was better I'd likely know how to prevent these issues better, but since I'm not I'd like to get something faster to be able to try more stuff without running into these hardware limitation issues.

For this purpose, would it be worth it to upgrade this system or should I look into selling it or using it as a secondary desktop and simply build a new one from scratch? (Or is it better at this point to disregard building or upgrading and simply use cloud computing services? My Internet connection isn't that great, so I had mostly stayed away from them up to now.)

>What are reference nvidias and shitty designs
Quieter than Radeon 7, it's been tested.

>970
>4gb
user, I...

MSI, Sapphire or GigaByte RX580?

Okay, you're clearly trolling if you're going to pretend that Nvidia blower cards and ones with shittier coolers don't exist.
The new RTX reference is actually a lot better. But other AIB partners make cards which are worse than it (and worse than the VII). But yeah, Pascal reference were loud.

out of VRAM or system memory errors?
Or it could be both. When something wants more VRAM it spills into system RAM.

You could try selling it. You might get a fair amount for it. Not sure if it's common that normies know the 970 isn't very good or not or if they'll just see *70 card and i7 and buy it.

Sapphire, duh.

Source or I fart in your mouth.

How to build small ($600 or less) BTC and/or ETH mining rig (dont care about profitability, I just want proof of concept)

Is it just a MOBO with as much GPU slots as you can get, with minimal ram (2-4 gb, then a PSU that can cover running costs? (and extra cooling if its overclocked)

or am i missing something? (or is there a better place to ask this?)

or are there any reliable pre-builds to look at?

pic unrelated, my keyboard

Attached: K76_EN_04.jpg (469x831, 129K)

As far as I can tell it is though; there might have been some weird segmentation choices, but I don't know enough about all of this to say any more about that.

>It's fine for most applications and I don't care about games much anymore, but some compute heavy tasks can take days and most of the time I try to play with libraries that use CUDA, I run into out of memory errors, no matter what settings I seem to use.
If this is machine learning stuff. A programatic way to solve this is to separate the training data in batches so that you don't load all of it at once. It'll take longer but you won't run into out of memory errors so often.

do we have to go through this every thread?
Radeon 7 youtu.be/01p3GkDAMPs?t=77
2080 FE youtu.be/01p3GkDAMPs?t=124
Vega 64 youtu.be/01p3GkDAMPs?t=99

>Okay, you're clearly trolling
>somebody mentioned that radeon 7 or vega isn't perfection T_T TROLLING I SAY!
Every. Single. Fucking. TIME
Just fuck off mate.

How shit is nouveau compared to raedon?
Would my pick in platform affect my pick of operating system?

>out of VRAM or system memory errors
VRAM. I'm usually not a big fan of selling stuff, but I think that's probably the best option, thank you.

I've tried to preprocess the data in various ways, use batches of 1 and diminish sequence length, etc., but I still can't get anything to complete properly when I use the GPU. Things seem to go fine when I use only the CPU, for a while at least, but maybe it would still run out of memory if I just let it run longer. Since I'm playing with text I thought it would not be that ressources intensive, but yeah, it seems to be. I'll probably look into selling this system and building a new one like the previous user suggested, and just use less data until then, since it's not like I'm doing anything that essential anyway.

Do you have something that isn't in pig latin?

>i-it doesn't count!
>I can't understand Radeon 7 noises in russian!
Good fucking god.

rude

200GE
You need a board/BIOS which supports PCIe bifurcation which means b350/b450 or better in order to split the lanes.
You will struggle to get more than 4 GPUs running without tech knowledge.

That's my limit of free advice for mining rig. Try Jow Forums or something.

Nice hyperbole to try and detract from your blatant troll lies.
>links to vega blower timestamp for the 2080 again
lol

>>links to vega blower timestamp for the 2080 again
Not this shit again retard. You do this every fucking time in order to
>to try and detract from your blatant troll lies.
Like you accuse others so often doing.

Attached: incase of AMD shill Radeon7 edition2.jpg (2912x3752, 2.16M)

I think I fucked up.

Got a cheap A320M-K (Yeah, I know) and a Ryzen 2600 to do a Ryzen build. Naturally, no display. Borrowed a 1600x from a friend, updated BIOS, returned it. Put 2600 back in, no display still.

Is there anything I can do holy shit this is so ridiculous

>that fucking blower
jesus christ how horrifying.

What's the best monitor for freesync?

Why was 2070 not listed at all?

>200GE
>You need a board/BIOS which supports PCIe bifurcation which means b350/b450 or better in order to split the lanes.
>You will struggle to get more than 4 GPUs running without tech knowledge.
thanks, thats enough, and honestly cant afford more than 4 GPU's that are non-shit anywyas
>That's my limit of free advice for mining rig. Try Jow Forums or something.
Jow Forums is where I'm from, and no, nothing useful comes from there (besides .smg/)

>bought one share of AMZN when it was $990 instead of buying one BTC at $1050
>spent money on other stocks and a nice PC instead of minig setup and a junk PC

>eternal_regret.jpg

heres current rig, for bonus thread content

pcpartpicker.com/list/c36K6X

Attached: mining.jpg (1632x1224, 343K)

>ableebloobloo
I'm not going to listen to what he has to say with that disgusting accent. I don't care about the test when all I can hear is a grating voice that sounds like a dog fucking.

Also, before you respond understand that I am a different person than the one you are responding to on those other posts.

still rude

I like how it goes from
>give me proof
to
>I wont listen to this proof for various bening reasons, the person who did the review is ugly, how can I listen to the GPU noise levels.
>Also, before you respond understand that I am a different person than the one you are responding to on those other posts.
Why are you even talking to me?

Who the fuck asked you for proof, dumbshit, I already told you that I am not that other person. I just pointed out that I don't want to listen to some russian cunt spewing into a microphone.

I'm the R7 guy, not the hyperbole accusing guy. I don't give a fuck about your video, I already own the god damned card and don't need your approval of whether or not I should have bought it. I also have nvidia cards because I'm not some bitter faggot that has to sit on one side of the fence. Sometimes I swap cards into the same rig just because I get bored and want to test new drivers, being an adult with a job is great.

Just to be sure, you do have a gpu right? Where'd you buy the board from? Try RMAing yet?

Yeah, rx580

Does CPU matter at all at 2160p?

>Who the fuck asked you for proof, dumbshit
> I already own the god damned card
I can see why you are so fucking mental about it, the coping mechanism must kick in hard.

>i can see why you are so fucking mental
That's not the same person, you jealous cunt. Quit trying to bend reality into what's convenient for you. Believe it or not, more than one person in this thread thinks you're fucking retarded.

And the qvl says it will support your bios version after update? It still posts with your friends 1600?

Retard here. I'm installing a wraith prism and have no idea what I'm doing. It has a hook on each side. The hook on one side (pic related) is significantly higher than the other and I can't get it to hook into the motherboard, I've botched my first attempt. How do I get the small hook to hook?

forgot pic

Attached: file.png (373x432, 169K)

>you jealous cunt.
more cope
>Quit trying to bend reality into what's convenient for you. Believe it or not, more than one person in this thread thinks you're fucking retarded.
Amd shill, repeating the things people tell you wont work against others.

A claim was made that radeon 7 is louder than nvidia cards.
Proof was posted.
You shitpost damage control to divert attention wont work.

pcpartpicker.com/list/TqRyYT

HELP, i need to play vidya and code. budget 1400

>making mentally ill collages to detract from the fact that you linked to a timestamp a second early
lol.
I'm convinced at this point you're an AMD shill who is trying to make Nvidia shills look retarded. It seems to work really well.
>confusing 3 different people for 1 person
You really are mentally ill.

It's actually the best blower cooler ever put on a GPU. The others are even worse.
That is why everyone says not to get blower cards. An exception can be mITX, and you downclock.

nixeus 27edg v2, LG 850 series VA, and there's another that I'm forgetting maybe.

You had display with the 1600X but not the 2600?
Are you sure you updated to the correct BIOS?
Does the BIOS for your A320M-K say it supports ryzen 2 or pinnacle ridge? Try the Version 3803 BIOS.

This shit is just hard. I had a rig with 10 cards. It's a pain to get more than 4 working. Even more of a pain to do more than 8. And I know you can mine on the vega iGPU but I've not done it, and it does take 8 PCIe lanes but plenty should be left.
I can't give you much more advice for free

They hook onto the plastic clips on the board. Don't you have instructions?

r8h8
>CPU: Ryzen 5 2600x
>MB: MSI B450 Tomahawk ATX AM4
>RAM: Corsair 16GB DDR4-3200
>Memory: Kingston 480GB SSD, Seagate 2TB HDD
>Graphics: XFX Radeon RX 580
>PSU: EVGA Supernova G3 650w
>OS: Windows 10
I don't know what the fuck I'm doing.
Still need to buy a desk proper and a monitor, never mind a keyboard + mouse.

>a wikipedia page dedicated to case screws
kek
thank you, I'll see what I can get from this

>>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)

Why is RTX 2060 on the recommended GPUS? ARE you fucking retarded, that thing stinks.

>Don't you have instructions?
Yeah but I'm trying to get away with not reading them.
The plastic clips on the board seem to be equal height. How does that work?

an nvidia shill made that OP and him and his buddy autistically stole every thread for weeks till people just stopped caring.

>Yeah but I'm trying to get away with not reading them

Attached: 689B15BB-B122-461B-B861-E12D728FE07F.jpg (537x534, 75K)

Eliminate the SSD and get another HDD for storage/redundancy.

Yeah, everything in the build is compatible with everything else. Triple-checked.

Yeah, after the update was done we restarted the PC and it went into BIOS just fine, showing the new version.

>Eliminate the SSD
How absolutely retarded

I grew up on youtube videos, reading anything more than a short paragraph on Jow Forums demands exceptional enthusiasm on my part and frankly I haven't experienced anything like that in years.

>Are you sure you updated to the correct BIOS?
I'm not, didn't even cross my mind to be honest, just downloaded the latest from their website.

Have fun losing your data overnight without any warning, retard

>my brain is broken and I'm OK with it
put in some effort ya adhd chimpanzee

>2019
>Still thinks SSDs spontaneously lose data
Have fun with your excessive loading times, mongoloid

>own 7 different video cards of current gen from both manufacturers
>use them as i please
>y-y-you're coping! I know you're the same guy! s-shill!
I don't give a fuck about what's louder, retard, I own all 3 cards that you're posting about except not shitty FE 2080.

Not him, but the SSD is primarily for the OS.
I already own a 2TB external backup anyway that I can clear up and use for redundancy.

Other than the Kingston SSD instead of getting something with at least 3D-TLC NAND, it's a good basic 1080p@60, higher in esports/optimized games, build.
I'd just get rid of the HDD entirely and get a 1Tb SU800 or WD Blue as you can find them for $90-$110
There are probably cheaper PSU options that are still fine like the cooler master MWE or focus gold, too.

>A claim was made that radeon 7 is louder than nvidia cards.
???
>Radeon VII is louder than ONE Nvidia card
thus
>Radeon VII is louder than ALL Nvidia cards
You're such a shit troll.
Stop (youing) me.

>10nm Intel shipping in June
NOOOOO AMD BROOOS, WHY ARE WE ALWAYS LOOSING???

Thanks for the advice

Honestly, equivalents of both AMD and Nvidia should be listed, for any one who might need a particular GPU due to their brand of Adaptive Sync.

>server chips only
Nooo why is Intel + Nvidia COMBINED still beaten by 50% by AMD?

Attached: firefox_2019-05-08_04-38-42.png (924x852, 267K)

Nvidia supports both freesync and Gsync.

AMD supports just freesync.

But is their support for freesync universal? Last I heard they only had a small handful of monitors that actually worked well.

Nvidia has only certified a small selection of freesync monitors, but many people have reported no issues with non-certified freesync monitors. Just remember you need displayport to use freesync with an Nvidia GPU

As has been said literally dozens of times in this thread since january.

Almost every monitor works to some extent, with the higher end freesync monitors generally working best.

I see.

Should I pick a RX570 by Powercolor or Gigabyte?

Wooden cases when?

Attached: jeffrey-stephensen-wood-pc.jpg (600x611, 31K)

They recommend a 650W PSU though

Attached: f5753870a40ccef114a6cb88e7f48531.jpg (680x680, 85K)

No that's an ad.

It specifically says
>recommended PSU wattage: 302W

Is on board wireless networking meme?
More vulnerable?
pcpartpicker.com/product/nQc48d/asrock-x470-master-sliac-atx-am4-motherboard-x470-master-sliac

Are you okay?

Attached: 070.jpg (448x600, 30K)

yuuuuuuuck its a nice idea but Cryorigs implementation on the Taku is better.

I SAID HELP.

Any advice? currently running 1080p but would like to have something capable of running 1440p in the future. Looking to stay around $1-1.2k. Is it worth an upgrade to the 2070 over the 2060? Just want to be able to run games at 60fps with recording/streaming at okay quality capability as well

>cryorigs taku
peak soya case

Attached: 18rc146lichyzjpg.jpg (600x450, 33K)

My RTX 2080 only supports freesync on my monitor in the 48-60 hz range, and for some games it doesn't work at all.

Attached: 1439421758992.jpg (249x237, 32K)

I've heard a few complaints from people getting shilled from hearing
>support is wide and fine now
only for it to not work great for a few.
You definitely don't have to buy the "g-sync compatible" but you could have trouble with other Freesync ones, and will have to keep returning until you find something that works

powercolor

>pcpartpicker.com/list/TqRyYT
Is this for gayming? Why not just get the 2700X instead of spending $60 on a midrange cooler?
Get SU800 2Tb for $181 from Rakutan. Only $31 more than than that 1Tb SSD. And lose the HDD entirely.
Rest is good though if spending $100 on a PSU I'd get a fanless seasonic platinum.

Well i wanted the computer to be quiet thats why i thought the cooler might be a good idea, i will overclock the CPU.

Ill check the su800 and about the PSU, i thought that HX shut its fan off while under low load? You think i should go fully fanless?

Some people have problems, it's not perfect. What monitor do you have?

and yes its for vidya, coding and messing around with other shit.

You won't overclock a 2700 to reach 2700X levels. It's not possible. 2700X boosts itself to 4.35 on 2 cores.
I'd recommend the scythe ninja instead of the little noctua if you really want cool.
the 2700X on newegg also comes with a decent 120Gb SSD for free, too.

that is a massive cooler, is it silent tho?

is there any danger in using an EU to UK power adapter for a monitor or power supply? My LG monitor says to "only use AC adapters approved of by LG".

Absolutely, you will fry your cable, get an adapter.

Will any work or should I look out for some specifications?

>Will any work
see pic, should I be ok with this?

Attached: file.png (300x300, 69K)

Would 2 AMD Raedon VII cards be worth it for 144 fps 4k gaming?

Would I even hit 120?

Not as silent as if you swap out the fans for noctua ones, but the heatsink is extremely good.

>"only use AC adapters approved of by LG".
Liability thing.
Make sure you have the wrote voltage switch flipped on the back of the PSU. Don't they make PSU cables which plug right into the appropriate outlets?
What the fuck? You need a ground.

Almost no games have mGPU support.
You're going to get 90+fps with one of them in some games, and only 30 in garbage like deus ex human revolution and kingdom come deliverance etc.