What is Jow Forums's preferred programming language?

and is java still a reliable language to learn? (want to make neural networks, vidya, etc.)

Attached: OH NO.png (540x540, 193K)

> preferred programming language
php since 7
>java still a reliable language
no
>want to make neural networks
python or lisp if you're this kind of programmer
>vidya
c++ duh

I prefer Racket, but I doubt there are many jobs available for it.

Attached: 1467779338770.jpg (800x1143, 133K)

java is a very good language to learn but if you can deal with c++'s bullshit, then by all means, learn c++ instead

Python is the best

>he doesn't know about exploding beds

Haskell, Smalltalk and the Lisps.

Java is fine. Stay away from C++ if you don't need it (i.e. doing graphical or performance-heavy stuff).

General tipp: Don't learn by reading books or watching tutorials. Learn by building a small project (ideally on the command line) and add new stuff to it as you need/please.

elisp

COBOL

Attached: 1531841273741.png (300x250, 18K)

Ada

the JVM is great, java the language is trash. but if you're a newbie I guess you should probably learn it just to be familiar.

>is Java still reliable

Yes, but you'll save keystrokes writing Kotlin. If you want to be explicit you can write "Java-style Kotlin". Basically you write more verbose Kotlin with explicit type declaration, fewer confusing lambdas that may be hard to contextualize outside an IDE (like during code review), but you also just save a ton of keystrokes by not needing to write getters and setters and other verbose nonsense.

>neural nets

Python. There is not other option

>Vidya

C++ for everything except Unity. C# for Unity. Really no other options.

>Python. There is not other option
isn't that slow (for that use case) ?

Kotlin

I like that it's a good language on the jvm, has both functional and imperative features, good concurrency libraries too. Runs on the jvm so deployment is as easy as making a jar file

machine learning is python

for vidya, considering you're even asking this I guess you're not already in the industry and so won't be making any high performance games anytime ever. In that case, you don't need to use C++ for game dev, you can use whatever you want since performance isn't going to be an issue for your game's complexity

Swift

kys

>sleeping in a bed in the nether
Not possible

nim

nwb detected

I've been messing with python for 3 years including college courses which have helped me the most. I'm also learning PHP so I can solve some of the natas overthewire labs a little easier.

Either you start with FORTRAN or you don't even bother.

If you want to go ahead and implement everything from scratch you can go ahead and use something else. Most of the NN libraries use c++ for the costly parts anyways.

c, c++, python

these are the renaissance man's languages.

Someone picks up on government contracts.

I find it funny how the IRS still uses old systems running COBOL because web3.0 chimps don't know how to write proper R or D.