Android 8 update on the s8 on easter day

>android 8 update on the s8 on easter day
>os kills my alarms to save power, causing them to never go off
>refuses to charge because it detects water that isnt there
>browser keeps crashing
>vpn keeps losing connection and refusing to connect until i reboot
I really cant believe they fucked me like this on easter day. Dont upgrade bros.

Attached: 5803741_bd.jpg (1274x2745, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sammobile.com/2018/10/24/samsung-fined-slowing-down-phones-updates/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Works on my machine

Also
>general performance and battery life is worse
>enabled bixie and changed my system settings
>always on display takes 10 seconds to show up after locking
WHAT THE FUCK REEEEEEE

>>S10+

>Day long SOT
>Incredibly powerful
>Never had a crash of any Samsung-made app
>On the latest update
>Looks beautiful, even without case
>Never had wifi/cell issues

Hopefully it stays this way, even though I know it won't

Here I was considering going back to stock after Renovate Ice was abandoned.

What now?

>buying Samsung
You should have seen this coming.

Galaxy S5 2014
No problems
Probably lasts another 5 years
Function over form
Dont give a fuck about status tards that are materialistic, swayable by marketing/popularity, ignorant and tribal people. Who pick flashy anti-consumer ripoffs over use case.
1080p
2800mAh user replaceable battery
sd801 300MHz-2.46GHz (cpu-z app)
Lasts full 5 days idle (normal mode, ultra power mode more than 2 weeks I think, just a guess)

Negatives
2GiB RAM usable but often reloads
16GiB/32GiB storage usable but compromising
Repairability not easy and no parts
sd801 is 32-bit

New phones lack features and are expensive for diminishing returns. No innovation.

Used wrong unit symbol correct is GBit. My bad so sorry.

B7it is always written with small letter
kb kilobit
Mb megabit

but kB kilobyte
MB megabyte

>samsung
That's where you fucked up.

yup they fucked my s7 last year with an update
thankfully its still fairly usable since all the newer phones out there now are garbage

my s8 got that shitty update a while back and the phone has been mediocre ever since. Everything that was great about it has been fucked with. Instantly noticed my battery no longer lasts my entire work day, I have to charge at least once, only post-update.

I also deal with it fucking my alarms, so I've sunk to having multiple apps to guarantee at least ONE will go off in the morning + i bought a damn physical alarm clock

another thing is the volume limiter, every single time I try to watch something, listen to something, anything, it gives me this god awful pop up notification that makes you click ok before you can raise the volume above a whisper. I've checked the settings a thousand times and it's just fucked.

thanks samsung

t. Louis Rossmann

The alarm thing is pretty annoying, but otherwise my s8 still holds up pretty well even after the update. I could use a better battery but there isn't a phone out there good enough to justify the upgrade.

Unironically flash a PajeetROM. Memes aside, those things just give new life to your phone.

Won't resetting the phone take it back to factory and delete all data/settings.

Poo

>Scamsung

holy shit, same thing happened to my s6 fuck you samsung im not buying a new phone, surely not from you

I have S3. The power button is failing, otherwise I'd keep it for another year. The shell is cracked in several places but otherwise it looks good.

>New phones lack features and are expensive for diminishing returns. No innovation.
Sadly true.

Exact same thing happened to me with my s7 edge this year;(

Op here. To anyone whos alarams wont go off, i fixed it a week ago. In battery settings turn off the "batter ai" horse shit, it sucks. Also i think vpn kill switches fuck your networking up and android 8 has a built in vpn always on mode. I hope with some configuration i can fix this shite for the post part

Not s8 but my alarm has been fucked for so long. It misses and when I open my phone I get notification "alarm missed".
Android is seriously trash and still growing more and more.

no One UI for you lol

Attached: smartphone_guide.png (1080x1266, 131K)

Name one good phone, they dont exist. Stop posting gay shit like this

What phone did you buy? Was it a Samsung?

Name a phone dont reply to me with anything other than the model of the "good phones"

0 problems on my s8

Attached: 1527104949931.png (200x193, 31K)

bad tier list.

low.
Apple
Huawei / Honor
ZTE / nubia
LG

mid.
samsung
nokia
google
oneplus

high.
(old oneplus 1-5)
(old samsung Galaxy S1-S5)
xiaomi

top tier if were high end.
fairphone
pinephone (not released yet. In december 2019 maybe)

not 100% accurate and not complete list. Feel free to add and reorder.

okey

Honest question: What is wrong with Huawei and ZTE phones? If their phones are shit on a consistent basis, I'll add them to the shit company list. As for Samsung, their latest phones are notorious for having buggy software and the slightly old gens are hit by performance issues (new ones might get hit later). I deliberately left out considering older phones in my picture because some companies improve while others get worse but most people buy new anyway.

>chink phones in high
Actually retarded

I don't have this problem on my iPhone X.

>buying Samshit

lmao
are you mentally stuck in 2012?

You cant play webm though on your toy phone. Otherwise i wouod buy one

My is low end phone from motorola so you are wrong.
>inb4 poorfag and my fault for buying low end
I don't play games on my phone and don't need instant response so I don't buy expenses phones.

Short lifespan. 0-2 android version updates.
Locked bootloader.
Feature ripping version updates.
Gives stores bulk sale benefits. This makes stores push their phones because it's more profit than selling other phones. Stores push upgrades and do not tell about replacing battery.
E-waste.
Turns off in low temperatures. Like most phones.
their sales/marketing practises

Almost all phone brands are bad.
Planned obsolescence. No software updates. Cheaper and easier to buy new than repair old.
Marketing is misleading. Overpriced and price drops soon after release. Constantly new phone releases. Gives excuse to not update. All similar and no real choices. They should offer fairphone like model. All of them are on purpose not filling an untapped market. It would destroy their high profits if people would hold on to their phones for +6 years. Repairs would not generate revenue because competition exists. There is a big customer base that would hold their phones for +10 years if they could (people with dumb phones, normal smartphone users, older people, safe to say +70% of all people if marketing and flexing would not be so popular). They cant because batteries die, screens break, and they have no choice to get cheap fixes. Only choice is to buy a new phone.

Has anyone tried to see what is causing samsung phones to lag? RAM management, google play updates, samsung app store updates, version updates, bloat apps, background apps, low storage space, battery saver, high reso screen.
Is it stutter or freezes? Has someone toggled off animations in developer settings? Has someone used ADB? Has someone disabled apps with application manager found in the settings?

The things you listed apply to almost every Android phone. There is a lot of compromises that need to be made when buying a phone. The shit list is for things that are more special compared to other phones. I remember Samsung acknowledging performance issues with updates. And as you mentioned, the high res screen was one of the causes (they lowered it by default in a later software update). However, if you believe new Samsung phones don't have that issue, I will remove that as a reason. I'm pretty sure their new software is buggy as shit though and there's the bloat such as Facebook that I'm pretty sure is still there too. If not, let me know and I'll update it.

My Moto G original gen didn't have that problem even when using official updates and also when switching to custom roms.

I have even lower end moto e3.

>Samsung phones slowing down
sammobile.com/2018/10/24/samsung-fined-slowing-down-phones-updates/