Previous thread
>Read
>GNU/Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Programming questions?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Cheap electronics?
>Buying headphones?
>How to activate any version of windows?
>Where can I get Win 7 or LTSC?
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: owolen.png (800x700, 408K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/cpdmr6HZ
ebay.com/itm/2TB-Portable-External-Hard-Drive-Disk-HDD-USB-3-0-2-5-for-PC-Laptop-PS4-XBOX/333135527232?hash=item4d906cbd40:g:bGsAAOSw3GFcqVT6
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

reposting from previous thread

we all know how the most basic way in windows to hide a file inside a picture using
copy /b image.jpg+file.ext newimage.jpg0

and we can access the second file by opening the image with the corresponding software, but what if the second file is an image as well?
the first image will be the one visible opening the file normally, but how to access the hidden image?

Whoops, wasn't expecting a new thread so early.
I want to stream Switch games, and I can get an Elgato HD60 Pro for cheap. Problem is, I don't know if my computer can handle it.
The website says it requires an Intel i5-4xxx quad-core or better.
I have an Intel Core i3 6100 @ 3.70GHz.
I'm not entirely sure how important that is, since the HD60 Pro has a hardware encoder, and I don't plan on streaming PC games with it, nor recording master copies in some particularly dumb resolution or whatever.

Is an i3-6100 good enough to stream Switch games with?

how can i download all images on a fandom wiki

>early
this is late by sqt standards

Do you really have to use shota to advertise an sqt? I don't care desu but it might make more retards post their own separate tech support threads.

How can I check for hidden stalkerware on phones? Like surveillence shit.

detailed post:

I have a computer dedicated for media storage, essentially a NAS. I'm installing windows 10 after having prolific issues with Ubuntu. Can I use an "offline account" for this, or should I link it to an email address? I'd prefer the former if possible.

Attached: 1222588153838.jpg (360x468, 52K)

Installing a custom ROM you trust is honestly gonna be the best option here. Any decently made stalkerware is going to be deeply rooted in the system and use little resources to evade detection. However if you've landed on a list gentoo'ing your phone won't do much, there's thousands of satellites in orbit and there's not really any way to block those.

You're gonna want to look into their LTSC distro if you don't want the most stability, regular windows (aka BETA) is going to fuck your shit up in a NAS.

cool, thanks.
I'd like to both make it plausibly undeniable that the software was on the phone, and also reliably remove it...

Consider FreeNAS

Is LTSC a windows installation for linux based systems? Am I understanding that correctly? I loved Ubuntu, but the struggle I went through to try to set up Somba was enough to make me want to go back to Windows.

and would FreeNAS be an installation for Linux also? I followed instructions to the letter for setting up Sombra and I still couldn't get it to work. FreeNAS would have to be beyond idiotproof for me to be able to use it.

Thanks to you both for the suggestions btw.

Attached: 1231456669659.png (1024x768, 562K)

No, just an enterprise variant of windows 10 meant for MRIs/cash registers. They still get security updates but none of those fall creator kinds of BS that end up breaking things and BSODing all the time or even delete your files. It does have windows subsystem for linux if you want to use it but it's still microshaft wankblows at the core.

sharing on windows 10 is fucked out of box so you'll have to do a fair bit of obscure setup unless you're gonna go with a third party solution like plex/emby/kodi etc...

I can tell you right now, your issues with samba, are on the windows end not your setup.

well goddamn

that sounds easy enough for me to not fuck up, but if my problems are with Windows and not Ubuntu, what extra precautions would I need to take to get the NAS functioning with LTSC?

I appreciate all the help, gentlemen

Attached: 1227417017806.jpg (567x378, 76K)

bruh, your image is shit

Attached: 1540064276559.png (800x700, 780K)

your easiest option is probably just go with plex, the server setup for it is pretty straightforward and then you access your media through the plex app, completely bypassing windows sharing fuckery. don't pay for a plexpass though if you're only gonna access from the local network(that's free) and apps to access your plex content are available for windows, smart tvs and phones so you can watch/listen to stuff however you like

oh great, so you would recommend plex with LTSC then? I can't explain how thankful I am for this info. I hate being bested by technology, so getting this sorted out will let me sleep much better.

Attached: 1227836531160.gif (256x256, 40K)

yeah that's the way to go for ease of use, or if you don't want to nuke your ubuntu install plex server is available for linux, you just set it up through a webui, but that's how you set it up on windows too so it's not much difference. the only stumbling block is if you're comfortable with how to install something from a .deb package

Yeah probably this.

just a heads up, when you first configure plex through the webui there'll be a popup to purchase a plex pass and it looks like you have to to use it, just x out of it and you can use it normally

Jow Forums I need help finding and downloading a Windows 7 ISO and the links in the pastebin were no help.

Where can I find a Windows 7 Home Premium OEM iso?

None of the links in the pastebins have this.

**An answer to the anons from the last thread**
I know but in my case I'm more likely to be at my computer than a phone.
This is a dumb question but for future references if I get sim can I use it without a phone line? Like just buy the card and use the new phone sim through wifi without paying for another line?
Well good for you user I gave up after like 10 automated messages, at that point it's clear they don't care. I guess I'm not really human to them then.

Attached: 1468562671912.jpg (768x568, 48K)

Best place to sell my 1050ti?

Not using amazon or ebay because of too many thieves.

I want to digitize my old vhs tapes. Do you think it's worth buying a nicer VCR for hundreds of dollars over a cheap $40 one? Will the difference be noticeable or will the end result be more or less equally shitty regardless of which VCR I use?

I also have a big box full of hi8 tapes. Does it matter what camcorder I use to digitize those?

Attached: 1362929442932.png (335x344, 188K)

Any of you guys have any experience with OCR? I'm trying to extract hardsubs and make an .srt that I can then translate it into English, but the result I got using the current method (Videosub Finger + Abby Fine Reader) produces poor subs. You're probably thinking that's inevitable, but I've tried doing this with a Chrome extension called Copyfish which lets you frame and translate bits of text from the video, and the results are surprisingly good. I mean, it's obviously not a perfect translation, but what I get is at least coherent enough that I can watch JAV and know what the hell's going on. Unfortunately, though, there's no Desktop version of this software, so I can only using it for videos on streaming sites, meaning I'd have to upload every video I want to translate, and not only that, but the extension is sort of buggy and craps out constantly, so it would take forever to translate any significant amount of dialogue. If only there were a desktop version of the same program, that would be all I need. Does anyone know of anything like this? If it helps, I already have a folder full of images w/ timestamps containing all the subbed dialogue from the videos.

Attached: 1549233536988.jpg (1200x1800, 191K)

how do i create an nfo file via applescript that is named "series.nfo" and contains the lines:
[code

[/code]

How do I download Tampermonkey/Violentmonkey on Ungoogled Chromium to get to Jow Forums-X?
Or if it can't do that, would another browser do it, like Icecat?
Or should I stick to Firefox Nightly?

What the fuck happened to low-powered CPUs and convertible tablets in general? Three years ago you could get an Asus Cherry Trail convertible tablet with 64GB/4GB for $250.

Now in 2019 the Surface Go with a CPU that costs eight times as much as Cherry Trail with identical per-watt performance costs $499.

What the fuck is going on?

As long as you make sure the cheap one is outputting a good signal you're fine. Check it with a test image. The amount of effort you put into post-processing will also have a significant effect. Sharpening the video, de-noising it, etc.

Assuming you can get a display panel apart, is there anything you can do about light bleed issues? Sand/bend it to put less pressure on the screen? More pressure?

Attached: IMG_0775.JPG.99acf5fbea2ae43901a9d57bf5541cff.jpg (3264x2448, 717K)

i sent my resume for a job offer using a cock.li account how do i unfuck myself
should i just ignore it and move on or do they simply not care about email names

Trying to install fedora, but it won't let me continue with the installation because the live usb is mounted (???).
Any ideas? Arch is somehow starting to look more intuitive than this.

Attached: 1552451611170.jpg (842x699, 61K)

nvm figured out

Those potato chips are still available in /csg/-market micro PCs.

i am trying to activate windows 10 pro and followed your paste bin but the linked download doesn't have these two mentioned cmd files

Download Sources: pastebin.com/cpdmr6HZ
Extract with archiver ( 7-zip.org ) and provided password, disable antivirus, then run:

1-SppExtComObjPatcher.cmd
and
2-Activate-Local.cmd

that was happening to me last night actually and i gave up on it. what did you do to fix it?

i've had this key for over 5 years now(bought from ncix when they were still a thing)
all of the sudden it's done this
why bros

Attached: Untitled.png (210x56, 1K)

When I first had a g3258 @4.5ghz in 2015, GTA V would stutter like shit.

I got a 4690k @4.3 GHz and the stutter went away. But only recently have I noticed that I am getting stutter again with a newer graphics card and the CPU is constantly hitting 100%. I look at YouTube videos with similar builds and their stock 4690Ks are running the game in the 70-80% range with higher FPS. I am utterly befuddled. Why is my CPU struggling? Did microshit release updates to make quad core CPUs obsolete?

Attached: look-how-they-massacred-my-boy-seeing-mineta-in-chapter-42794530~2.png (497x323, 163K)

anyone?

Make sure triple-buffering is turned on.

Is there any fitness tracker (hardware) that respects my freedoms and won't upload my biometrics to someone else's computer?

Where firefox store extensions and their settings? I don't want to copy whole profile folder.

>not answering my question after over an hour
i shiggy diggy doo

how big of a usb stick do i need if i want to burn win10 on it?

>why bros
They want more money.

>have a job
>some friend asks me if I want to join him
>yeah why not
>increase a lot my salary
>have to pass 4 interview, 2 tests
>More than a month after the first call they still didn't answer me.
My job right now is pretty comfy and those people seems a bit annoying and a bit hypocrite.
I start to think about telling them to fuck off.
Would you ?

MiBand. You can find open source apps that sync with it. Ask csg

Is there any reason at all that setting my 144hz monitor to 120hz would cause any harm to it?

There's no point in putting yourself in danger by calling them out.
Just refuse their offer for some generic reason if they do end up making one.
But most probably they already don't want you since you didn't hear from them for a whole month.

You can convert pictures to textstring:

Say I have an image input.jpg
I can encode it using base64 tool :

myImgStr=$(base64 input.jpg)
oder
base64 input.png > output.txt

If you are using Bash, you may use a here-string:

base64 -d AuferstandenesWallpaper.jpg
oder
cat output.txt | base64 -d > AuferstandenesWallpaper.jpg

(Note the doublequotes around "$myImgStr". You should always doublequote variable expansions unless you have a good reason not to.)

Just got a new router from my ISP. The 2.4 channel was working without a hitch until a few hours ago. I've tried all the usual things but nothing worked but I ended up stumbling across this.
I don't know shit about networks, but can this pic help figure out what's going on?

Attached: wifi.png (758x295, 10K)

So I've been having issues for the past few days where my audio gets progressively more and more crackly the longer the system is on, and rebooting will fix it for a few hours before it goes back to getting crackly again. Ran this tool and it showed everything deeply red and ndis.sys being the main culprit on the bottom I think, but is it possible to pinpoint more specifically what device that ndis.sys is attached to? I gather it's a generic network driver but I have a ton of network devices in my system.

Also right now is right after a restart, but I can already see it starting to gradually creep up...

Attached: Untitled.png (2255x992, 45K)

Anyone know of a good free backup program? Cobian hasn't been updated in like 7 years. Or just name something with similar feature that I can find torrents of.
Please help.

To backup what and to where ?

I had a problem with my laptop not rebooting\shuting down properly in linux. I found the solution: change grub config on a string GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT="quiet acpi=force". Though that hadn't worked unless I left only "acpi=force" there. Why doesn't it work work if there is anything else besides "acpi=force"?

Attached: 1443630680449.jpg (400x500, 61K)

im using fedora 30 with gnome default rn on i5-4200U, 8ram. load average with ff open around 0,80 to 1,20. is this hight? is this because cpu is pile of shit or gnome or newer kernel?

The stats only say that the router has transmitted about 20,000 packets (most likely beacons as they're under 300 bytes on average) over 2.4 GHz and not received a single one.

You can't really diagnose this without enabling only one network device at a time.
Of course you can simply update all your network drivers to their latest version on suspicion, e.g. in case you're running some ancient buggy Intel drivers.

can one specify file paths for qemu to create/search for disk images?
i am working through the qemu user guide and it seems there is no such function

Just general files on the PCs at work. I need something that allows scheduling, save to zip or 7zip and can send email notifications.
The files will be saved to one of the other networked work PCs and transferred to an external HDD when possible.

All windows I guess ?
Can't help you with that, sorry.

They're all windows. Thanks for replying anyway. I'll just keep looking.

Is there any consensus on the best free security plugin for wordpress?

What's a good way to get some more instagram followers if you're a relatively boring person? I don't want heaps of followers, just around 50 so my account doesn't look fake (girls keep telling me my insta makes me look like an internet troll).

Since a few days whenever i unplug the power cord my laptop just goes in hibernation and it never goes above 56% charge when plugged in.
Is my battery dead?

Attached: Cattura.png (497x462, 19K)

Nope. I mean I started the first interview start of April. Now it's been two weeks without news from them.

As a person that hasnt used a computer in 7 years.
I recently bought a laptop with 256GB SSD, what can i do or buy to have more memory. its 2 user using this computer, so we both have different games here. the games occupy lots of memory

follow bands and shit, lots of them follow back, and when they say it looks like a troll, that's probably more about who you're following than how many followers you have

just casually ask your friend what's up

Well 2 girls literally said that because I have no posts on instagram and less than 10 followers, I look like a troll. I started posting more, but can't seem to crack 20 followers.

One of my relatives just bought one of them cheaper Samsung 4k TV models with a soundbar and he found out that the only audio output is optical. The soundbar doesn't have any outputs either. Thing is, he wants to plug in some headphones really bad.

Is there any non overly expensive solution to connect both the sound bar and a DAC to that TV? some way of splitting audio between the two? That TV happens not to support bluetooth either.

is optical the only input option for the soundbar?

So I just switched my browser and reinstalled Jow Forums X.

2 questions, is there any way I can bring across my Jow Forums X settings to my new browser if not,

How do I stop Jow Forums redirecting to fucking neet.tv

It also supports analog audio. I guess the option there would be to use that DAC with both the headphones and the soundbar.

that or pick up a cheap receiver that has an optical input. that'd also leave his options open for later if he wants to add more speakers or a sub

How about the stock functionality of restoring and saving your Jow Forums X settings to a JSON file? It will also include any other user data such as your (You)'s and watched threads.

What's a good SBC for a private Minecraft server? The Raspberry Pi seems too slow (low amount of ram and slow access to storage seem to be the main problems), but other boards have a lot less support. The Odroid XU4 seems to be a decent option.

hello. in powershell i can use ctrl+shift+arrow to move my cursor across words and highlight them at the same time. how can i do this in bash?

thank you.

When will the 1903 version of W10 be released?

Read the FAQ for ungoogled chrome

so I'm on antergos and have an imagedump from photorec that I need to organize. what's the best software for this? preferably something that can read and sort by metadata such as what camera the photo was taken with

What can cause slow processing speed on Ubuntu (14.04 - 18.04)?
I installed it from USB on a Lenovo Ideapad 330, and it could download updates in a normal speed, but installed them veeery slowly. I mean unbearably slowly.
Otherwise it worked fine. But everytime it came to downloading updates, it happened again. It's annoying and I had to choose another distro because of it.

So can you tell me what causes this bug? How to fix it?

Attached: 1551743061908.png (2560x1440, 2.61M)

i want to [pet] len

This is probably THE stupidest question ever asked here.

I got fired, I have no money and my PC just died so I can't even make shitty websites for 4 $ anymore. Is there a page where I could beg for donations to replace my PC without having a pussy?

Attached: 1555454186993.gif (412x279, 942K)

>be cute trap/femboy
>start a twitter
>follow other cute traps/femboys
>sell pics and vids

rsync

Use virt-manager

How to bypass youtube age verification without login?
Youtube-NSFW userscript have stopped working and it can't be accessed from invidio as well.

Attached: 998035554053705728_2018_05_20.jpg (980x1386, 75K)

Hey anons! Can anyone recommend me a site/ app where I can live stream F1?

Is there any way to set up a DNS whitelist? A blacklist - where all hostnames resolve except the ones that you say shouldn't - is easy and there's lots of software and instructions to help you do it. But is there any way to set things up so that no domain resolves except for ones that I specify?

I did a clean install of Windows yesterday, ran HWIDgen to activate, but then I fucked something up with my drivers and figured it would be easier just to reinstall again. Did the whole install process over again and went to activate, but lo and behold, somehow I'm already activated.

How is that even possible? I'm not signed in to a Microsoft account, I formatted the drive during the install, and I'm absolutely positive that I'm not crazy and didn't just already run HWIDgen and forgot. The activation surely doesn't save to the BIOS level, right?

Wtf, duckduckgo?! Why won't you actually give good search results? Guys what should I do so duckduckgo can give me THE PROPER LINKS I WANNA SEARCH THAT GOOGLE JUST DOES FINE REEEE

ebay.com/itm/2TB-Portable-External-Hard-Drive-Disk-HDD-USB-3-0-2-5-for-PC-Laptop-PS4-XBOX/333135527232?hash=item4d906cbd40:g:bGsAAOSw3GFcqVT6
Is this legit? Seems Kinda cheap for a 2tb drive i just want cheap working storage.

>for LTSC, it uses a KMS method which activates it for 19 years.. for other OS's it uses Microsofts Digital Licensing method which effectively officially licenses the product on the retail channel
Congrats, you're officially owning a digital license for Windows without having paid for it.

i have a laptop with an i5-4200U and 8GB ram, but i use it as my windows machine
the cpu isn't great, but it's not THAT bad. heck, i even managed to get nier automata to run on this sucker

It isn't LTSC, just regular Home edition.

Best guide on how make custom icon themes for xfce4?

does anyone know how to fix "no video supported format and mime type found" in firefox?
the videos work fine in normal browsing but they don't in private browsing.