Scythe Ninja 5

So I'm definitely interested in this cooler for its price/performance and silence, but why are the fans locked at 800 rpm max? What kind of niggardry is this? And why would a company intentionally put a cuck cap on a monster product like this?

Attached: test-ventirad-cpu-scythe-ninja-5-cowcotland.jpg (660x495, 90K)

Do you need more than 800rpm? Are you sure that's the set speed and not some smartfan shit?

My scythe mugen 2 came with a 700-1800rpm fan or some shit, it only needs to run at 800rpm to keep my overclocked CPU going.

I was watching tests where it was keeping an 8700k oc'd at like 78c, guy was saying it was likely the low fan speeds.

For the sound level, just replace the fans with ones that can ramp up more if you want.

Put some Noctua fans on that bitch

>Noctua
>overpriced meme fans
No

jesus, just watercool at that point. ridiculous.

The Stock fans are 800RPM 40CFM 14dba

New 120mm Noctua fans are 2000RPM 60CFM 22dba

Either one would be quite at a normal desktop viewing distance.

>6 (SIX) heatpipes
>big size
Why

Push pull actually does increase total airflow in open channels like heatsinks despite what memers say. Watercooling builders have tested it before and the ones who actually did diligent testing found it could be up to 20% in an ideal scenario.

Also, decibel doesn't increase linearly. 22dba is actually quite a bit greater than 14dba.

>22dba is actually quite a bit greater than 14dba.
and both are quieter than your average ambient noise levels.

A quiet bedroom at night is rated at around 30dba

Had to do that for the meme.

Still adds up bro, doesn't just get absorbed. That's why in actual testing a no heatsink actually measures at the 22-25dba values given for the fans. Instead they're all like 32dba idle and 40-45dba on full load

So why spend $20 on a fan that is 60CFM 22dba when you can spend that on 60CFM 27dba for $4.50?
In most rooms you won't be able to notice the difference.

Lmao, for 6 months until it shits itself.

>I know absolutely fucking nothing: the post

Considering you've got your sekrit $4.50 fan you haven't posted, how would I know anything? You haven't said shit you dumb cunt.

>Install new cooler
>lost 2 ram slots and dual channel

Attached: 1095.png (585x585, 270K)

... you realize dual channel only needs 2 RAM slots...right?

Not him but even bushing fans can last a long time as long as you use them in the ideal orientation: vertically. Horizontal either makes lube drip out (if there is any) or the bearing can fall out of its fitting over time. Decent ones are dirt cheap especially in bulk, like any of the shit from Arctic

He might have a board that's staggered for dual channel

Still, this is why you buy low profile ram

since you have an intel machine you can also look for a industrial level heat exchanger