Whats wrong with Fedora 30?

My coworker and i both wanted to try Fedora and we both got broken installs. Whats going on? I thought this was supposed to be a flagship distro?

Attached: fedora-live-cd-start-100583270-orig(2).png (1024x768, 344K)

Secret brainlet filter

Attached: osomatsu_nyaa.gif (268x320, 716K)

>installer written by some dumb pythonshit
>broken
I wonder why.

I would imagine if we can both install Arch going through the python installer isnt an issue. For the KDE spin it was frozen at sddm, and regular spin blew up.

Works on my machine ;)

>I tried to install Fedora but something happened I farded and shidded and cumded in my pants, what's going on?

The Anaconda installer is notoriously bad and it makes easy to make dumb mistakes like not setting up GRUB or neither having a root password and sudo access.

I recommend you to reinstall and read carefully if you really want Fedora.

Shit hardware probably. I'm running fedora 30 kde spin on my laptop just fine.

I did so 3 time total. Verified grub was installed verified i had both root and user pw setup up.

I thought I had a broken install but no that's actually right so yeah OP, that might've happened to you.

Red Hat = Red Flag, stay away from their garbage

I mean if 16gb ram, gtx 970, and an i5 is shit for fedora ill just stay with debian.

I also had to try like three times to install it because it broke at different point of the install process. Also when I managed to get it to install I couldn't get the nvidia divers to work.

Fedora is a broken pile of shit that's essentially a pre-alpha version of RHEL RedHat wants people to test for them. Don't fall for it.

Just use Clear Linux. It has better performance.

My laptop has 4gb of ram and a 5000series i3. Kde runs like a champ.

I think the problem you are having is with the graphics drivers you probably need to change to proprietary.

Well what specifically is broken?

Silverblue fails to write to windows esp (usually sda2). I needed to create a /boot/efi partition

Gentoo does mot have this problem.

modprobe Nouveau. Nouveau does not work properly with 9xx and 10xx cards, it will boot sometimes but lock up after a few minutes.

got a broken install in a VM and it wouldn't even boot so I don't even dare try to upgrade my 29 install

>I needed to create a /boot/efi partition
No, you inform the installer that that's your ESP and you set its mountpoint to /boot/efi

Worked with no issue for me :)

Attached: Screenshot-20190508234347-1919x1079.png (1919x1079, 1.03M)

I actually downgraded from rawhide to f30 without any issues.

Get rekt freetards

>get rekt freetards
>I use a distro that is 100% free software except firmware

Sounds like you are using computers Certified© for Windows© Experience©
get real hardware, dumbasses

Why would that make it broken? Besides you not liking Python, why would that make it broken? I'm guessing if it was in C you'd never blame the language.

>The Anaconda installer is notoriously bad and it makes easy to make dumb mistakes like not setting up GRUB
Show me how you can install Fedora without GRUB through Anaconda. Not only is it not "easy", I don't think it's possible.

Bleeding edge, so shit happens.

New Red Hat got released so Fedora is going to be crippled for the next 6 months

I did the same process I've used for every install since Fedora 22, with a few tweaks of course as the installer changes. You can't enter passwords during the install process anymore, you create a user after the first boot and you have to manually change the root password later. Also I typically do away with the default LVM partitioning scheme it tries to set up, and create an 8GB swap, a ~500MB /boot partition, and use the rest for /. The only other hangup I could see is your hardware, or drivers for your hardware.

What computers, OP? This will help me determine how much of a retard you are.

why a separate boot partition

Yeah, if you have one of those nvidia cards, you will need to add the "nomodeset" boot parameter. After that, you can install, then blacklist nouveau, then remove the nomodeset parameter. This isn't specific to Fedora, though.

I have had an issue with Fedora 30 where suspending on battery power seems to cause the session to crash though. There are a few posts online claiming this was fixed, though, but I'm still getting it.

Anyone else had this?

I had this problem when I used a T60p. It's caused by the proprietary Nvidia drivers that Nvidia refuses to fix and this bug is like a decade old. The Nouveau drivers are also bad where it randomly freezes the computer. Don't buy Nvidia.