Are all the options for 4k terrible right now?
VA
>angles, gamma shift, have to sit too far from screen
IPS
>some alright, most garbage
>IPS glow on every panel, have to sit too far from screen, hit or miss backlight bleed
I own both. Neither compare to a cinema projector in actually being able to appreciate the resolution, not unless you're fine with shit like pic related.

Attached: file.png (1024x768, 449K)

>he fell for the IPS meme
TN master race

>Neither compare to a cinema projector
Well you're comparing sub $500 monitors to $5000+ projectors.... what exactly were you expecting?

I would like to point out that isp bleed is much worse on photos than in person, also you can lower the brightness of your screen for less bleed.
I had a 21.5" TN monitor and since viewing angles were so shit the bottom of my screen was lighter than the top and that was driving me crazy.
Ips will be the best untill microled comes out

>I would like to point out that isp bleed is much worse on photos than in person
They probably set the exposure on their camera to be super long, to make it stand out.
I literally can't notice it unless it's a completely black screen and I'm actively looking for it.

>muh exposure conspiracy

Literally:
>>he fell for the rich life meme
>homeless master race

>looking to buy a 2k/4k ips
>half of people saying stuff like "oh it changed my life, I could never go back!"
>half of the rest of people just complaining about stuff like backlight bleed, bad panels, glow, etc
just going to stick with TN. this is too confusing

Attached: 1554568222939.jpg (236x326, 18K)

OLED, if you can swing the bigger size and cost.

>inb4 burn-in
Save it for movies and games and you'll be fine. You can even use it as a desktop display if you take some precautions (low saturation theme, auto-hide taskbar, no icons on desktop, auto-off after a few minutes).

If a monitor's faults require the user to use it as little as possible then isn't that a really, really shit option?

Not if the picture as much better as OLED's is over LCD's. Just don't abuse it and it should last you a good many years of regular use.

In this case not abusing it means not using it. It's shit.

No, not abusing it means not displaying saturated static content for a cumulatively large amount of time. Just use it for dynamic content exclusively and it's fine.

Think of it as a high-end performance car; take care of it and it will reward you with a lot of enjoyment. You don't use it as your daily driver for the commute to work.

What is wrong with your sitting position/posture that the viewing angles of VA are even an issue? Are you intentionally looking at your monitor at an angle for extended periods of time?

>tfw laying in bed browsing pc on 20' feet display connected to laser proiector

>have to sit too far
>but muh projector
what did fag op meant by this

I've got an Asus ips 4k monitor that has virtually no bleeding at all. Don't buy cheap monitors if you don't want bleeding

what model exactly?

It’s literally just the divide between those who watch dark content in dark rooms and those who don’t. Playing grimdark FPSs in a mancave is a subpar experience on IPS, but they’re by far the best for working on in a normally lit room.

My IPS is $900 and has shitty IPS glow. You can get a fully-working 1080p panel for cheap. For 4k you need to pay a $1500 premium for something like OLED that still has serious issues.

I sit directly in front of my VA from a meter away and the colors shift everywhere except dead-center. I need to sit extra far away for the colors to be consistent, and at that point why not stick with 1080p?

Projectors take up a large portion of your field of vision. Pretty much the only 4k display you can look at up close without colors distorting.