Ok Jow Forums, I'm thinking about getting a new GPU

Ok Jow Forums, I'm thinking about getting a new GPU.
Pic related is my current one (gtx 970). It's been a good 5 years and it's definitively still kicking, but I feel like an upgrade is worth it for me right now.
I was thinking about a 1080 but I don't know if I can get better price to perf ratio.
What do you suggest?

Attached: P_setting_fff_1_90_end_500.jpg (500x500, 53K)

Rtx 1660ti/2060/vega 56/wait for computex, possible details for navi might lower nvidia prices

Also I don't do twitch streaming, machine learning, and I don't really care about ray tracing, so I don't think rtx cards are really interesting for my usage

just get a $700 rtx2080

>amd
No
Yeah I was no planning on buying one now so I can wait, I don't think amd is a thread to nvidia in the mid-high tier but I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

Wait for Navi
Then get a 580 for mega cheap

Post in /pcbg/ fucktard
Sageru

I was thinking about 1080 because I can get them cheaper and they are powerful enough for me.
>amd
Again, no

ah yes this exists
maybe another time

Why? Honestly.

OH NO, NO FUCKING WAY, I've seen you shill your piece of SHIT 970 in ATLEAST 20 threads in the last fucking week NO you are NOT upgrading you have made retarded ass arguments against amd for weeks now while touting your own card as the best thing on the market for money, and now you're selling it? Fuck you! I've worked in PC repair for 3 years now and I can't stand you industry cocksuckers! Always want the new shiny sticker or badge! Fuck you, you're keeping the 970. I don't care if it's out, put it back in. Need me to show you? I bet you do, you prebuilt baby. Real powerusers like me understand. You'll get it one day kid. Maybe.

The main reason is that OpenGL drivers are pure garbage.
Also I'm looking for a good high end replacement for my current gpu and it's not exactly amd's forte.

Wrong user dude.

FUCK YOU you think I'm not on to your shit? You can't give a single reason why amd is bad! You just want to play fortnite with your little zoomer friends. I bet you're going to take that computer to best buy and have the geek squad install it. AMD can't compete in the mid tier? Laughable! That's where they're the best! You'd literally have to be braindead. Why don't you just give me your computer? You can keep your cheeto filled, mountain dew covered keyboard, I won't be needing it. You can keep it on your desk to bang away it when you get angry, Im sure it's often. Buy an rx580.

There is no reason to replace a card that's basically only 1 generation old. You should replace a card when you can get twice the performance for the same price. You can't yet. Maybe next year.

I said mid-high. That's what I'm looking for.
Also really you've go the wrong user.
I'm pretty happy with my 970 but I want to do more vr stuff on higher settings (and some games get under 90fps). I also want to get a higher res monitor so I think it's time to upgrade.
I'm always happy to see amd compete with nvidia on gpu's and intel on cpu's (and they're actually surprisingly competitive).

That's a bit rich coming from someone who has gtx 970, which was beaten by r9 290 for years.

If you are just gayming, AMD vs Nvidia arguments are pure stupidity.

Vega 56 easily matches 1070 ti and can be had for 269 euro. Asus strix.

1660ti is a great option too though, imo. Ray tracing will be a meme for the next 4-5 years.

But seriously, wait for Computex. Prices might change.

I'm not in a hurry don't worry
I know it's still a really good gpu.

Isn't it weird that we all exist and we can talk to each other using weird symbols?

Why do other beings even exist.

Look at these symbols, why sre they this way, and why are we talking about GPUs?

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON?

It's not when I often use emulators, fortunately vulkan is catching up
Yeah I'll wait anyway

How high are you?

Go ahead. Ship me your old one

Zero high, except for a couple of cups of coffee and a lack of sleep.

But seriously, I read these words about GPUs and they make no sense, we might as well talk about the weather, it's equally pointless, what are we gonna do with the GPUs? An actual AI?

Why do we even live? There are people living hell on earth in north korea but we're worried about buying pizza. WTF.

Why don't we all collectively kill ourselves already?

Also who the fuck invented these dumb words? Who does "air" mean air instead of water?

you need sleep user

Attached: cat10.png (960x718, 1.09M)