Why the fuck do you faggots use this shit?

Why the fuck do you faggots use this shit?

Attached: 768px-Mpv-logo.svg.png (768x768, 51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/mpv-net.shtml
github.com/stax76/mpv.net
github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/3.5
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they're open sores

if its unusable shit with bugs out the wazoo thats a good thing

Because it's the current fork of mplayer, and apparently because you can rice your anime watching to hell and back with it.

Because i'm a sage.

Because it has no UI and I just want to watch the video.

Because it's excellent. Why aren't you using it?

Attached: 1375716909775.png (962x1489, 1.4M)

This

I use it completely default simply because vlc can't cache off my nas for shit sometimes

because it plays RAR files

Because madshi is on another project and windows is adopting a linux kernel.

Because MPlayer never added support for Matroska ordered chapters.

There's already a mpv thread End yourself retard.

>Jow Forums goes on and on about rendering quality
>in desktop threads most of them still run 1366x768
Big oof, you might as well use VLC

I am currently using mpvnet, which is a Windows build of mpv with context menu and Settings UI that VLC or MPC users are more familiar with.

softpedia.com/get/Multimedia/Video/Video-Players/mpv-net.shtml

Attached: mpvnetContextMenu.png (1764x1417, 1.27M)

Attached: vlc.webm (1280x720, 997K)

I use mpvnet now.

Attached: mpvnet.png (256x256, 7K)

botnet

It's the only thing they have that comes close to MPC-HC and runs under Linux, let them have some fun.

who's this guy

mpv is the McLaren of the media players

no u

>oh no, he does not know

Because it just works.

oh, it's the madvr dev isn't it

nigger

MPC-HC is clearly Mercedes then

Do we know what he thinks about mpv?

Who madshi?
He comments on various mpv related things from time to time.
He also reports issues.

so why is MPV so much better than MPC-HC for chinese cartoons? I'll happily switch to MPV but I want to know why people love it so much

Attached: eeb161ed0103676b8657f90a21f519e8.png (451x619, 428K)

It's not, freetards just got something that works a bit better than VLC with barely no configuration needed, that's why they all drool over it. madVR is still superior.

FSCRNNX is the best scaler and it's only on mpv.

It's faster and much more customizable. It's a no fuss player that you can complicate as much as you like.

Attached: 1372113662796.png (900x890, 253K)

lmao no, NGU is better.

Wrong. Go to bed madshi.

Nigga you linked a shitty site instead of the original.
github.com/stax76/mpv.net

I use it because I get significantly better performance and support than even VLC when using mpv. This is especially true with video editing codecs, like lagarith, cineform, etc. I've had several issues with VLC over the years but not a single one with mpv other than the obvious no gui shit, which isn't necessarily an issue either with mpv.net and plugins and shit.

mpvnet is foss user

Attached: mpvnetchan.png (256x256, 30K)

Madshi here again. mpv as a media player has come a long way in such amount of short time.

We did it bros. Based mpvnet made it to Jow Forums windows software guide. :')

Attached: winsoft_recommended.png (2023x7836, 1.6M)

There aren't any good scalers. I hate the artefacts that they make. The AI ones don't know what shit is supposed to look like and the old fashioned ones make shitty artifacts, which is not as bad but still suboptimal. I use a CRT so I can watch everything in the correct resolution and refresh rate. If I must use an LCD I normally use integer scaling and letterboxing if necessary.

It's the best option on mac and linux. On Windows, both mpc* and mpv are good options. Your preference would come from a minor feature or interface style. I like MPC-BE because of the sync renderer.

I'm sure your CRT looks like shit. Go get a real monitor.

i hate mpv with a passion, what is the best alternative on linux

Attached: 51293386_233672924239741_4897491460338745344_n.png.jpg (922x831, 91K)

VLC

>i hate mpv with a passion
Can you explain why?

Is there's any reason to use mpv over this?

MPlayer is just mpv but without the memes

mplayer also has 10x the bloat

>memes
Which ones? What memes?

Found the mpv shill

Not having a GUI is a huge one

Cause it lets me see chat on screen when using syncplay

No, mpvnet is the better choice for Windows users.

Attached: mpvConfEdit.png (2070x1485, 150K)

I see GUI as a huge meme, though. I see a lot of people happy with mpv, as well as tons of CLI tools, for example. On the other hand, there's always someone who seems to be threatened by software that is interfaced with differently than they're used to and this is the real meme here. That and the guy above me, he's a living meme.

It does have a GUI though.

how else do you watch videos without GUI user?

Because I used mplayer for probably 10 years and MPV is just the new mplayer. It's the smallest Linux video player with high compatibility, so I install it along with other programs like feh and 7z on everything I use, to make sure I always have some usable fallback software.

I personally just double click a file, or press my shortcut that opens the clipboard URL in mpv. I then fullscreen at my leisure and enjoy.

Is smplayer considered gay
Also, how do I stream torrents and my webcam

More like you are the meme trying to be different just because. Same with mpv devs. There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a GUI, no one sane would read the whole documentation of a player just to set it up the way you want, only extremely autistic individuals do this. Normal people just open the config screen, see what they want to change and done. Not to mention the plethora of options they can change while playing a video, without having to memorize every shortcut or opening an external file. mpv is a meme just like garbage such as Arch.

Are we ever going to get a new release?

My mpv config is 7 years old and I only ever update it because of the "feature" of syntax changes.
>want your player to cache?
>general config setting for 15 years?
>too bad we moved it to demuxer-max-bytes and demuxer-max-bytes-back but left the old option in even though it won't honor it XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
I really fucking hate you sometimes haasn.

it just werks, nice minimal non bloated ui, good youtube-dl integration, don't have to dick around with codecs, better rendering defaults than vlc.

Attached: 1490927387067.jpg (233x307, 22K)

mpvnet already got a new release earlier today, user.

github.com/stax76/mpv.net/releases/tag/3.5

Attached: CommandPalette.png (2077x1253, 1.17M)

hey guys check out this turbo autist

That shit looks really bad under Windows 7. Is it because the font it uses?

This is exactly what I was talking about. There are people having fun, then there's fellas like you who scream autism when there's a departure from what they consider a norm. You can't make a decent argument to support your case, so you do the next best thing: attack the person, claiming they're different just because.
>There's absolutely nothing wrong with having a GUI
There's nothing wrong with lacking a GUI.
>no one sane would read the whole documentation of a player just to set it up the way you want
And no one has to. You're just grasping at straws. You're also implying that GUI option menus never need a manual to reference.

The problem with not having any GUI is really more related to configuring and basically feature exploration. You need to RTFM in order to understand how to configure your media player and even then you run the risk of misconfiguring it and then not understanding why it does not behave in the way you want it to. A configuration GUI is very nice because it not only directly exposes all the program's capabilities for you but it can also provide on-topic help via things like tooltips and it can prevent gross misconfiguration by doing things like locking various settings away when they're not relevant or possibly conflicting with other options.

Standard command line tools are in the same boat, but in practice it isn't really the same thing because a lot of them serve some very specific purpose and are nowhere near as complicated as a feature-rich video player. As a programmer I understand not making a config UI, because I also tend to rely on simple config files and command line arguments for the shit I make, it's much less work and more straight-forward, plus I fucking hate maintaining GUIs, it's just tedious. From a user perspective though, it makes exploring a new program's capabilities a lot easier.

>There are people having fun, then there's fellas like you who scream autism when there's a departure from what they consider a norm.
There's a circlejerk that wants to do everything the most complicated way so they can all pat their backs for being very smart and different individuals, you mean. Also, on you did what you just described.
>You can't make a decent argument to support your case
I did, just like people do all the time, you just conveniently ignore them. See, you just ignored the fact I mentioned that you can change virtually anything while playing a video on a player with a GUI, meanwhile with mpv you can just change some basic hardcoded options with shortcuts that you have to memorize.
>There's nothing wrong with lacking a GUI.
Never said there was something intrinsically wrong with not having a GUI, I'm just saying that there's no reason to not have one since it offers many advantages. It's not like you can't have both.
>And no one has to
If you want to configure your player the way you want, yes, you have.
>You're also implying that GUI options menus never need a manual to reference
Unless you have absolutely no idea what the option do, no you don't. You don't have to search how to do X, you just do it.

>NOOOOOOOOOO PEOPLE ARE USING SOFTWARE I DISLIKE FUCKING STOP NOOOOW

>I DON'T CARE IF THERE ARE 10 DIFFERENT MPV FRONT ENDS WITH GUI EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF SOFTWARE SHOULD CATER PERSONALLY TO MEEEEEEEE

Attached: 1557448863260.jpg (540x540, 43K)

I'll show how it looks later when I get home, it's fucked up.

The font selection is annoying without a GUI, and some hidden things will stay hidden, I will agree on that. But I hardly see the problem otherwise, for a video player. Improper configuration can still be done with a GUI, but I suppose that's a question of where the software is striving to be, compared to it's current (perhaps buggy) state. Software's maturity would indeed make an even bigger case for a UI. There's a satisfaction in using it, especially a well thought-out one, in scenarios that are very reliant on having one.

I can see your points on 'feature-rich', but from my perspective, nearly everything regarding video playback is done before watching at all, and just about everything is set and forget stuff like sub/audio track preferences. I wouldn't say that having a lot of features is a that big of a plus from a casual watcher's perspective, as they would largely be satisfied by the OSC, like some of my friends. I don't find ctrl+f in the manual a big deal personally, because a huge, tabbed GUI would require me about the same time to find a feature. For some other types of programs, like video editors for example, I largely agree on the feature size and its exploration outlook.
>There's a circlejerk that wants to do everything the most complicated way so they can all pat their backs
This is all in your head. You can't refrain from flagging technology enthusiasts as circlejerkers because their software usage differs and make up inane usage scenarios for them so that you may be at peace, knowing you're using the right thing and that you're not, as you call 'em, "autistic". At the same time, your preferences are sane and great, likely because of their popularity. Each have their ups and downs.

Win this. I see that you really need a good hit, so I'll attach two detectives to this final (You) dose so you can call me a pedo.
>you just do it
in mpv.

Attached: 7d1dc2056ebe2f51c7b7480c76170fdc.jpg (650x824, 428K)

Only Jojo from the airing ones, but I'm considering picking up Senko. I'm mostly watching movies right now, mostly old anime and live action. I was actually planning on reading Robotics;notes as a change of pace. What about you?

Attached: file.png (1360x794, 118K)

The dark mode is simply unusable on 7

Attached: file.png (1360x794, 100K)

Attached: file.png (1360x794, 99K)

>baww no gui
>baww .net
JESUS FUCK KIDS

1) GO DOWNLOAD SMPLAYER
2) DURING INSTALL CHECK ONLY MPV, NOT SMPLAYER
3) ENJOY YOUR FUCKING GUI WITH YOUR SUPERIOR FUCKING VIDEO PLAYER

WHY DO I HAVE TO POST THIS EVERY SINGLE TIME, KIDS

This looks actually decent, I'll give it a try

Attached: file.png (699x547, 78K)

And yes, it has other skins

yeah, the default one is garbage, but this one is pretty good imo

Ugh, yes, I meant "check only mpv not mplayer".

Go shill elsewhere dumb retard.

My seasonal shit are Attack on titan, Dororo, Demon Slayer, Carol & Tuesday, and Jojo. I am reading Land of the lustrous.

>watching seasonal shit
pleb

Yeah I have the same problem in with dark mode on Windows 10.

It has to more with the display scaling of your Windows. Not the font rendering.

>Unironically using inferior bloatware
Just use mpvnet. It is miles better while being lightweight like regular mpv and compatible with scripts.

>shilling
>foss
Pick one

Attached: 1555846526698.png (459x528, 251K)

>not watching new and old content at the same time.

fellow video geeks, how do i ffmpeg concat all files on a folder on mac? had this working on windows:
set "file="
for %%a in (*.m2ts) do call set "file=%%file%%|%%a"
ffmpeg -i concat:"%file:~1%" -c copy -map 0:v? -map 0:a? -map 0:s? "Merged.m2ts"
but on mac i don't know what to do with the "concat:" part to select all files in the folder

the mpv devs have officially said smplayer sucks dick

‘Cuz we learned from Vault 7 that VLC is backdoored.

Salty retard who didn’t get a CRT when they were cheaper...

often subtitles of my videos are messed up
adjusting it on vlc through shortcut keys slows down the player
adjusting it on MPV through shortcut keys doesn't slow down the player it all, it's smooth AF
mpv is pure optimizations and performance. I've never used any better player.

Temporarily setting the field separator to | seems to do the trick:
ffmpeg -i concat:"$(pipeize() { local OLDIFS="$IFS";IFS='|';echo "$*";IFS="$OLDIFS";}; pipeize *.m2ts)" \
-c copy -map "0:v?" -map "0:a?" -map "0:s?" "Merged.m2ts"

Yes. Can comfirm that smplayer does indeed suck balls.