Why is /mac/ so slow

Have two 2000mb/s $2000 MacBook pros connected together over thundermeme pcie and I'm only getting 25mb/s restoring my old one onto my new one. What can I do to speed this up Jow Forums?

Attached: 20190509_194258.jpg (4032x3024, 3.04M)

install cunny

Transfer assistant has always been ridiculously slow. You’re probably better off just reinstalling all your applications and sneakernetting your files. Else run the assistant overnight on a weekend.

5400rpm drives in 2019

This would be hilarious if it wasn't true... Instead it shows just how pathetic this situation is.

What 5400rpm disk's you talking about? These babies need special ssds that are virtually unupgradable cause >muy speed

We so close to just copying the home folder and hoping for the best. Finally got it to work, took 1hr for 120gb transfer and it even opened back up my shell with all its history and stuff. Pity I had to try it twice and reformat OSX once to get it to work

>Implying apple is competent enough to write a syncing program with decent performance
It probably sends data over TCP, one byte per packet, with acknowledgements and everything.

Using Target Disk Mode actually isn't the fastest way any more.
Use Migration Assistant next time.

MACTODDLERS BTFO

Attached: 1540211172453.gif (500x491, 376K)

>OP is retarded
>Apple products work fine
>OP is you
>Post forced “meme”
Have sex

I get really slow Time Machine backups speeds from an SSD Macbook to an external USB 3.1gen2 SSD. It's a Time Machine priority bug and can be fixed IIRC by bumping up the priority of the TM process, but I don't bother.
s [resumable

based

I guess the Fusion Drives but OP makes it clear that his machines have SSD's
Based

SEETHING

based

bass desu

If you weren''t simply trolling you'd be using CCC.
The Assistant is slow because it's not just a block copy; it's allso verifying the integrity of the system and data it's copying. It doesn't just replicate the old system, it builds a new one using he old system's values.
That takes time.

B&R

B&R

Nah m8 because it works on my machine ;^)

yikes

Wtf is cunny

Work doesn't pay for ccc tho. Also tried to just do a block copy but the new disk is smaller than the old so disk utility cucked me

HAHahah, le slow le apple

>he doesn't know what's cunny
you better not using anything tech related anymore

Thomas please dont ruin my laptop :)
See you next Monday!

>not knowing cunny
what a fucking retard