Use mouse for a year

>use mouse for a year
>scroll breaks
>buy new mouse
>scroll breaks after a year
Fuck optical scrolls

Attached: 1513786220758.jpg (880x880, 246K)

My last mouse lasted me like 10 years. I didn't even replace it because it broke, but because the part that my fingers rested on had worn down so much and made it slightly uncomfortable to hold.

Stop buying pieces of shit.

>Stop buying pieces of shit.
I would, if it was possible to identify pieces of shit before using them for a year.

I remember how used to take the dust of the ball and play with it. Felt satisfying.

My old mouse was like that, the scrollwheel started jumping up and down the page when scrolling down. It was a Steelseries mouse. I just gave it away and bought a new one from another brand.

How to avoid this? It already happened to 3 different mouses i owned, i even got used to middle-click instead of using the wheel to scroll down the page. It drives me mad

Logitech and maybe some others have a laptop touchpad-like surface for scrolling in some of their mice. That should be pretty long lasting because there are no moving parts. Other than that I guess just shop around until you find something that doesn't break. My Steelseries mouse was expensive and still broke so I just got a cheap one to replace it, which I will miss less if it breaks.

>buy logitech g5
>over a decade passes
>working as well as ever, keep using it

Is there anything comfier than a stepless scrollwheel?

Story time: 4 years ago I was repairing a contact damage of the wiring inside my mouse when suddenly a metal spring (very simple part metal thingy) flew off and I couldn't find the right place for it, turns out it controlled the scroll wheel step. Since then I've been living step-free scroll wheel and I never EVER want to go back to scroll wheel with step.

Seriously, you guys gotta try it. It makes everything hella easier. There's probably would've been tutorials online how to re-assemble the mouse but I couldn't bother because it feels TEN times better without a stepped scroll wheel.

Everyone, screw open your mouses and detach the step spring from your scroll wheel, the process is easy and won't take more than 15 minutes and it's really fucking great. It's hard do believe I know, but you will be positively suprised how good the feedback is on a scroll wheel without the spring.

Attached: 3141.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

My rival 300's mousewheel was registering multiple clicks after a year and a half so amazon refunded me and I bought another
Just use your warranty

>scroll breaks after a year
>rip it open
>hueg dust bunny right on the sensor
It could happen to you!

Calm down with those triple dups, checked

>stepless scrollwheel

Attached: 1554377564073.png (551x491, 261K)

That's what I would have thought if someone told me about this "trick" before the repair incident happened. I would have though "the feedback must be awful without a step". But once you go sprinless, you really can't go back. I've using this mouse for years and it's still doing the job, springless and great.

Stop buying razer or other 'gaming' trash brands

>falling for the optical jew

Attached: 1540925184623.gif (377x372, 3.46M)

Fuck your optics, I'm going in

I have to open up and clean mine every few months or so because it gets clogged with hair.

Brush your hair more faggot

I have very thin hair and it breaks a lot. I can't help it.

try biotin and cut down to using shampoo every other day

you're retarded.
optical scrolls are more durable than alternatives.

stop eating cheetos and using your mouse.

i belive you, my g5x could toggle between normal scrolling and free scrolling, and the free scrolling was a million times better

But i don't

>tfw skin condition that makes everything I touch get filthy 5 times as fast as same things that normies touch

>$3 used microsoft mouse around 9 years ago
Nothing else to say, it still works.

How the fuck you managed to break optical scroll?
Are you sure that your scroll sensor was optical, not mechanical, like ?

Attached: shot0018.png (1280x720, 383K)

It gets misaligned stupidly easily.

>buy a twenty year old mouse
>won't break for the next twenty years

Actually, my mouse isn't mechanical, the sensor was optical (I checked this) but the spring that controls the step is mechanical.

Picrelated is logitech m175.
Scroll itself is optical, as you see (red area). Sturdy and reliable.
But those jews placed cheapest tact button instead of proper microswitch for middle button.
WHY.

Attached: 2017-04-21 15-41-23.jpg (1080x1340, 910K)

Oh, i see. Don't blame optics, blame manufacturer.
Believe me, mechanical encoders are much worse. Pure evil.

Attached: X5BKXJECR7TUF3GBKVYNGJAISLOKRMLE.png (490x305, 94K)

Some Logitech mouses have it as a feature you can toggle, they call it hyperscroll. Once I started using it, I never went back.