Ungoogled Chromium on desktop

Ungoogled Chromium on desktop.
Bromite on mobile.
Why is this still a question?

Attached: serveimage (1).png (520x520, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html
spyware.neocities.org/
spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html
np.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/ap9149/brave_privacy_browser_has_a_backdoor_to_remotely/eg6vckb/
servo.org
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because Ungoogled Chromium usually lages behind in Chromium versions.
Brave is always updated and the patches from Ungoogled Chromium are applied to it.
Use Brave so I can get shekels.

firefox is better

>Ungoogled Chromium
but why?
you can get all this in firefox plus nice features like firefox sync etc.
chromium is inferior product compated to firefox

>he thinks chrome can actually be ungoogled

>made by some guy
yeah, nah

>Ungoogled Chromium on desktop
Nope. Unless these beta releases actually compile on Linux, nope. And from the looks of AUR comments, they don't. Why use an outdated browser of all things?
>Bromite on mobile.
Why when Kiwi Browser is the only mobile browser that offers full extension support?

Accidentally clicked cancel.

Attached: 4.png (851x613, 113K)

>Ungoogled Chromium usually lages behind in Chromium versions.
Where do you get your builds from?
Audit the patchset.
Again, the "official" builds being outdated doesn't mean there are up-to-date ones available. Otherwise, install Gentoo and build it from pg_overlay.

>Where do you get your builds from?
It may be up-to-date now, but it usually lags behind. Some time ago it was even considered dead and was removed from Woolyss (a build by Marmaduke is available now, god knows for how long it will be maintained).
It's easier to just use Brave, that is always up-to-date and has the Ungoogled Chromium patches and other conveniences, like encrypted sync of your bookmarks. Why stress out?

Just Use IceCat

I'd rather keep using Firefox and Brave as a Chromium-based alternative.

>Ungoogled Googlium
>Broshite
Cringe.

Use icecat morons, chromium cannot be ungoogled

Because Firefox is the only option on mobile.
Them extensions man.

IceCat can't be unSJWed and unfurryed either.

Enjoy your botnet ignorant fool, I hope one day you will free yourself

Read up on things before you talk about them, otherwise you will make yourself look like a dumbass(like you did now)

>chromium cannot be ungoogled
Yes it can. Chromium is open source. You can modify said source and remove all the parts where it phones home.

>what are binary blobs

Attached: 1406248015414s.jpg (250x241, 7K)

Something you can remove.

Why don't you do it then and see how well your "ungoogled" browser works afterwards?

Though so.

See

Firefox is malware.

baseline chromium already removes all binary blobs you mong

dumbass, return to reddit and never come back here

Attached: 1528922585972.png (392x239, 19K)

I have other shit to do as well.
>what is prune_binaries.py

not an argument, next!

I replied with a non-argument to your non-argument. Next?

>UGC '''outdated'''
>use Brave bro :^)
shill

chromium is backdoor'd

What he said is essentially take your own advice, fool

>It's easier to just use Brave
Enjoy your botnet :^)

spyware.neocities.org/articles/brave.html

"Spyware Level: High"

Good thing forks and Ungoogled-chromium patches exist then, right?

wrong

>Ungoogled-chromium
how do you know they got everything? if someone offered you deleaded lead would you eat it?

still not an argument bro

he obviously would since he uses chrome

that's a fair point, but it's still miles ahead of something like brave with its header injection debacle and facebook ad whitelists

or you can just not compromise and use icecat, a foss browser

most of the changes in icecat make it kinda useless for browsing the modern web desu. if i had to use anything gecko, i'd stick to palemoon or a nightly build of seamonkey
my concern with these two is that mozilla will probably implode in 2 to 3 years and then they'll have nowhere to siphon security patches from and die

you can disable the stallman extensions.

true, but then what's the point? i might as well just use that "librefox" build by the random pajeet on github

If you trust pajeets over GNU you can use the pajeet software, I don't care man it's your computer

My main browser is Firefox. I use Brave as a Chromium alternative, since it has the patches from UGC.
>hurr durr everyone that likes what I don't like is a shill
>spyware.neocities.org/
As noted on another thread, that guy is schyzo. I don't know why some retards insist on linking it as if it was a good source of information.
spyware.neocities.org/articles/http.html
>HyperText Transmission Protocol
>Spyware Level: Medium
ROFL

fair enough, i just personally dont see the appeal of icecat without them- it's just stock ff60esr with about:config tweaks, which isn't really worth it when you have to move the damn thing to /opt and make a bunch of symlinks to install because it's not on most package managers
right now im using a seamonkey nightly build because it just werks and has the based netscape theme, but once mozilla finally kicks the bucket i'll probably move back to ugchromium as it's the lesser evil of its family
also holy fuck i hate captchas why wont buster fucking work god damn it im gonna fucking a

> register qjz9zk.com
> Jow Forums plebs typing their passwords into Ungoogled Chromium
> it literally becomes a keylogger
> profit

>As noted on another thread, that guy is schyzo. I don't know why some retards insist on linking it as if it was a good source of information.
he's definitely autistic, but aside for making a deal out of trivial stuff like updating, nothing he said about brave was really *wrong* per se. ugchromium with a decent adblocker (and maybe a hosts file just because) wipes the floor with it, and the only real reason to use brave becomes the eth token gimmick

iirc it's example.qjz9zk not qjz9zk.com so that wouldn't work

>I use Brave as a Chromium alternative, since it has the patches from UGC.
Why not just use Iridium instead? It's Chromium based without the Brave botnet.

>that guy is schyzo
Maybe, but he backs up what he says with evidence showing the tracking and phone home requests

iridium is a tiny bit more lax on patching out telemetry, but it's a lot easier to install (especially on apt systems) than ugchromium
could've sworn it died out though... good to know i was wrong

Uh-oh

Attached: 1557414682.png (6468x1836, 102K)

>he obviously would since he uses chrome
Nice horseshit assumption.
>that's a fair point, but it's still miles ahead of something like brave with its header injection debacle and facebook ad whitelists
What's a fair point? A "shit analogy"? Also for
the genius here - you can verify that because all patches are listed and the whole project is on github.
There are no Brave debacles - there are people who didn't bother to even read, but are quick to spread FUD instead. You mentioned Facebook whitelists - you know what that was? Brave developers going out of their way block scripts not even UBlock Origin does which ended up breaking Facebook. They reverted it and people FUDed this into "uu huuur they're allowing them to track us". And the second one:
np.reddit.com/r/privacy/comments/ap9149/brave_privacy_browser_has_a_backdoor_to_remotely/eg6vckb/

cringe and bluepilled af

Cromium is spyware. Get fucked shill.

Because we ought to support Gecko. Or else, optimisation will go to shit for Gecko, and we'll be stuck with Blink, over which Google exerts a lot of influence. Bad bad bad.

>Cromium is spyware. Get fucked shill.
I'm "shilling" for open source project which does everything in its power to strip Chromium off of its spyware capabilities? Infallible logic.

stay man google shill

Is there any chrome-based browser for mobile with desktop extension support?

itt: brave shill automatically arrives seething at everyone and everything because even poltards can expose his product's scam

gecko is dead user, mozilla is writing a new engine as a joint venture with samsung in pure rust
servo.org
also microsoft owns github, which develops electronjs, which alot of people use instead of the chromium embedded framework- a pretty big crack forming in google's hegemony imo

>microsoft
>pretty big crack forming in google's hegemony
did you forget that they made botnet 10's default browser a chrome reskin?

that's exactly the point. they can threaten to fork electronjs and edgium into their own engine and force a fuckton of software devs away from google, and because they now share engines, google can't hurt them back disproportionately by filling youtube with invisible s
embrace extend extinguish, my guy

yes, because two megacorps will fight each other instead of working together to fuck over consumers, just like how we have cheap DDR4 RAM prices because the chip manufactures compete against each other instead of working together to raise prices

why would they cooperate? microsoft is quite clearly trying to disturb the status quo with unusual pr moves (see: mcc on steam, linux kernel in w10, etc) because otherwise they'd go the way of DIGITAL.
silicon valley corporations and hardware manufacturers are apples and oranges anyway, the former can only ever agree on muh censorship

fuck off shill

>linux kernel in w10
linux is nothing more than a kernel, there is no need to specify that, just how you wouldn't say "car vehicle", for example

yeah ok stallman