What THE FUCK happened?

What THE FUCK happened?

Attached: android.png (2160x2160, 450K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TIUMgiQ7rQs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Indian designers happened

M gang coming through. I know Jow Forums hates this one too but it's objectively the best one.

Attached: nexus2cee_Screenshot_20150528-165557[1].png (1080x1920, 52K)

objectively the worst one.
less information using more space

Is a dark mode coming back in Q?

It got improved in almost every way.

It now looks better

It got better. Stop hating just for the sake of hating.

Not being able to tell where one button starts and the other begins is an improvement? Fuck off.

Are you retarded?

you don't need buttons borders on a touch device.

This is bait, right?

Attached: 1553985394073.jpg (641x530, 41K)

If you're aiming for anywhere other than the text/icon then you're just as likely to fuck up on either design.

left is objectively better, less power used, clearer borders, buttons readily available for on/off

I don't really care about how the options are organized, but they clearly hate constrast. why everything is plain white?

Listen, it's not about aiming. The point of drawing borders, much like the point of separating your shitty options submenus into categories, is to help me visually scan for the thing I need as quickly as possible. I don't want to memorize your stupid fucking layout that you change every two releases.

Samsung android 5 lollipop settings. Feast your eyes.

didnt upload image :(
too bad. ou will never see it

>small fonts, have to strain to read
>huge paddings, have to scroll twice as much to get to any options

They hired someone who goes outside occasionally and has a little design sense.

>less power used
More devices have LCD displays than OLED displays.
>clearer borders
Completely unnecessary. The list items are well padded.
>buttons readily available for on/off
Pretty much unnecessary. You have those buttons in the systray anyway.

In comparison we now have a search box, better grouping of settings and even dynamic information in the sub-headings of categories.

After which they fired him and had Google India do the next release.

>The point of drawing borders, much like the point of separating your shitty options submenus into categories, is to help me visually scan for the thing I need as quickly as possible.
This makes zero sense.
>i cant find what im looking for easily because there arents pixel thick horizontal lines in the middle of the huge padded spaces between categories!

Padding is not an adequate replacement for borders and separators you twat.

Fixed on Nougat.

You can change the size of the elements of your UI.

I do rather use the new design, but the search bar is completely unnecessary.

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-093220.png (720x1280, 68K)

I don't know what the fuck to tell you, user, except that I hope you never become a UI designer.

Attached: 1526266712958.png (583x482, 119K)

A poor attempt at copying apple and switching style over usability.

Also
>left is blacked, 6 pointed gear or star?
>right is white, with colorful icons

>him
na

Yes, it is.
You don't aim for the empty space, you aim for the text.
That's how touch displays work. Any fucking child will aim for the picture/text. If you have enough padding then only those with severe disabilities will fail to hit the option they were after.

Borders are completely unnecessary because there is more than adequate padding. You don't have to guess where the border is. Just touch the fucking visual representation presented to you.

Fuck me, now when they're side by side I cannot unsee this shit.

I'm pretty progressive but I blame it on female UI "engineers" and pajeets.

I don't like doing UI design anyway. I just critique UI design.

It's not just the settings app, the entire new UI feels sterile, cold, uninviting, inefficient, cumbersome etc

They made everything SMALLER but also fit FEWER of every item on the screen, even in the settings app, the fonts are smaller on the right AND there are fewer categories displayed at once

Attached: recents.png (2200x1920, 3.1M)

Sorry user but your point was fucking stupid
When you scan through a page you're looking at two things: the text and the icons. Those two things are still there
If you're a UI designer you should be aware that a wide margin is just as effective as a border.

I was hoping they would at least give us dark GUI mode but honestly I don't care anymore, it's soulless and visually unpleasant to use, inverted colors won't do shit for comfiness at this point.

Yes android 8 and 9 are bad. Q looks to be bad too with tiny changes like no longer swiping twice down to see setting icon.

Clock on the left is bad. Notifications are supposed to be there not the clock. Now you see clock every time when you look notification icons.

>is to help me visually scan for the thing I need as quickly as possible
Borders add too much visual information and slow down scanning speed in menus, at most you need an icon, text and whitespace.
>scroll twice a much
Comparing the two menus shows how retarded you are, seven options are displayed on the right versus left, and the right has descriptions including common information in some submenus and a search bar. If the left didn't include category headers, you might have made a reasonable point.

The text is smaller to fit more information so you know what you're going to find behind the categories.
There are less because the padding was increased, which solves most of the potential mistouch problems. Each list item is nearly 30% taller than before.
It's better TOUCH UI design.

Attached: showmewheretheytouchyou.png (2160x2160, 402K)

Arguably MIUI 10 evolved with google's design but at the same time kept a lot of good things too

Uma delĂ­cia

Maybe I'm old or something, but it takes me longer to scan the new design than the old one. I prefer bigger text and find borders helpful. If whatever school taught you UI design tells you I'm wrong, then you and your school can get fucked.

>If you have enough padding then only those with severe disabilities will fail to hit the option they were after.

Do you know where we are?

Hope based chinks will bring GUI eyecandy back.

I want raytraced gui elements not this crayon flat shit.

okay boomer
thanks for your input

You're welcome zoom-zoom. Enjoy your time here with your fellow 13 year olds. You and the guy who wants GUIs to be "raytraced" would make a nice couple.

You're just aesthetically impaired.

Getting this mad, just return to reddit

As someone posted few months before there are rumors that next iphone GUI will be with 3D elements that are real time shaded with input from ambient lighting sensors to differentiate itself from "cheap" android phones.

Guess who will also switch to 3d elements 6 months later.

Yes. I know they'll fight tooth and nail to deny their disability.

I don't need a school to tell me you're wrong.

Can't find video anymore it's removed from jewtube, looks similar to this.

Attached: 321321.webm (1152x648, 367K)

it's better now

Attached: Untitled5.png (2044x2044, 621K)

Wtf, this looks legit, it's made by one of original iphone designers, Bob Burrough.

Android is fucked.

truly a great and useful use of processing and developer time

necessity is the mother of innovation :^)

I'm more pissed off at how every single fucking setting that's relevant is hidden for some retarded reason. The only stuff that's revealed is what's already in the fucking control panel or whatever it's called. The whole settings apk has become shit ever since android 7.

Attached: shit design.png (2164x1828, 51K)

Despite hating apple I can't deny that this looks much cooler than flat colorful blobs.

It also says next gen iphones will use ultra wide fisheye lens front cameras for this purpose and use software correction for actual photos.

Did apple fill patent for this or it is also coming to android with slight delay?

at the very least there's a search bar now

Puts the battery to good use

It'll be good old days all over again:

- iphone - ultra smooth, minimal battery impact
- android - jerky laggy shit, burns through battery - "will fix 3D acceleration in next version"

ICS was fucking cool. Lightweight and functional. Miss this shit :/

Project butter 2.0

[onions intensifies]

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.png (774x1032, 266K)

iToddle'd

looks fucking terrible tbqfh. like all that low-poly powder blue 3d shit from the free AOL CDs at your grocery store days. android vs ios aside, flat textures for interfaces are so much fucking better.

youtube.com/watch?v=TIUMgiQ7rQs

Designers made things pretty.

I know you're upset. This just highlights how primitive and shitty your loonix DEs look.

I use windows 7

It got better. That's what happened

It's over Androidbros

You can enable through ADB

FYI if you disable the pixel launcher from running via ADB you get the old recents back. No matter if you use an alt launcher (im on nova) their bullshit runs in the background to give you the new recents, and at 55~mb ram it was unacceptable for me.

Here's my Lollipop phone.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-09-17-57-43.png (480x800, 58K)

Dark mode uses more power though

Some user was talking here over a year ago how apple is working on raytraced ambiental 3d gui for ios in thread similar to this (muh material and flat is done) and I thought he was full of shit.

Those youtube videos are only few months old, they can't be the source.

I can't believe that some apple employee would visit Jow Forums and leak stuff like this in some random shitposting thread.

>let's add overhead to our device to make buttons more shiny
Decadence at its finest.

>less flat
neat, weird that is had to come via this, but idc

poorfag cope

At least we know what Jow Forums will argue about in coming decade.

If I was appple engineer I would also make android messages appear in shitty 2D flat green bubbles while blue ones are path traced in 3D shine and chrome just to piss off poorfags.

google wanted to join the apple bandwagon

Attached: .jpg (488x413, 41K)

This is how I like it and should be an option on every device.

Attached: Screenshot_20190509_Niagara Launcher.jpg (1440x2560, 168K)

left: disgusting gradient with an unholy amount of banding as a backdrop to some very mediocre icons that aren't very distinguishable at a glance
right: clean backdrop with literally all focus on the text and icons, all of which are coloured so if you use the menu enough you'll already know what you're looking for without even needing to look at the options, and also the option to search for any option hidden within any submenu

boomers actually believing this is depressing

Attached: 1396531001355.png (661x600, 415K)

They are ruining (and have already ruined) the only decent os for phones.
Sadly there isn't a free Linux alternative for phones (yes technically Android is opensource and so, but at the end it is always bloated with Google spynet and shitty gapps) (and i know, there is (or was) Firefox OS and Ubuntu touch, but they just stink)

Much better. Only basement dwellers like dark themes.

consider the following

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-113720_Settings.jpg (1440x3040, 393K)

this is my biggest gripe. making every icon into a circle was the worst thing that has happened, visually, to android. i don't know what these idiots were thinking...

Not bad, but it would be better if it were light.
There have been studies showing that dark text on a light background is easier to read than the other way round.
Dark themes are a leftover of the past where technological limitations on some devices (especially terminals) made displaying light characters on a black screen the only feasible option, but now that light themes are possible on most devices, there is no reason not to use them.

nais wait spaise of nothin

ICS had the best color schemes to be honest. Black/cyan looked fucking dank. Now everything looks like a faggy kindergarten party.

Racist designers.

W H I T E S P A C E
kys retard

"This is a revolution."

Boomer here, right looks better and your should stop being a autistic retard.

You figure it out after 1 or 2 tries and memories it, retard.

looks fine to me

Attached: Screenshot_20190509_213605_com.android.settings.jpg (1080x2160, 377K)

Move the clock back to right.
Notifications only on left.
Add the setting icon behind one swipe. Not two finger or two swipes.

Go back. Settings should not be deeper than three menus unless that setting is very rarely needed.

Dont use pure white unless high contrast for visually impaired.
Dont use pure black background with bright white text. Contrast should not be high.

For fat fingers have big buttons. Maybe have two columns so less unused space.

Have options for tweakers that are hidden from people who find phones complicated.

Try different design and see what works/sticks not what looks premium or is a copy.

Good icons. Less material design cards and obtrusive animations that take away control from the user. Unresponsive frames.

Be consistent. Buttons where they should be. 3d virtual space that makes sense. Installers are straight forwarded why that kind of design dissapeared. Now you open a menu and it slides to your view. Makes no sense.

What are you using?

def. emui 9

Attached: Screenshot_20190510-024808_Settings.jpg (1080x2280, 280K)

No, 20 year old user here and can confirm you're correct. These faggot ui designers are just so desensitized and thoughtless they don't even have the self awareness to monitor their interaction with the world around them.
Also what fucking retard aims at the text and icon? Any time your finger is obscuring the something on the screen, particularly something with important information, is a situation to be avoided and designed against. This is why virtual keyboards suck. In real life, your fingers still obscure your vision, but you have a tactile response to fall back on.
Aiming at texts and icons also divorces the users intuition from what's actually happening at the software level. Each item has a bounding box and touching that box triggers an event.