Google making emoji gender fluid

>Gender is complicated. It is an impossible task to communicate gender in a single image. It’s a construct. It lives dynamically on a spectrum. I personally don’t believe there is one visual design solution at all, but I do believe to avoid it is the wrong approach here. We can’t avoid race, gender, any other number of things in culture and class. You have to stare it in the face in order to understand it. That’s what we’re trying to do–to [find] the signifiers that make something feel either male or female, or both male and female.

theverge.com/2019/5/9/18538001/google-android-q-gender-fluid-emoji-yellow-diversity-inclusivity

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-061011__01.jpg (1627x1080, 242K)

Other urls found in this thread:

adnauseam.io/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucking marxists at it again

This is a waste of dev time

Hey cool, you can choose hairstyles for your emojis. IDK what all that gender drivel is about, but this seems like a neat feature.

>marxists
I don't think you actually know what that word means.

Imagine being this clueless about work

Attached: 1541017016700.png (199x226, 3K)

all those emojis have the same face but different hairstyle

>Another pol/reddit thread that has nothing to do with technology.
yikes

Attached: magapedexx.jpg (576x1024, 71K)

>not wanting qt tomboy emojis
boy what are you, some kind of faggot?

>tomboy
Slippery slope right onto a dick
You're gayer than trapfags already and it's only going to get gayer from here

the gumdrops they had before were gender neutral for the most part, I guess they finally realized their mistake with making separate emojis for hijabs and whatever

Attached: 1555154261943.gif (128x128, 10K)

Emojiis and unicode were a mistake. ASCII for the win.

What the fuck is gender fluid? cum and squirts? and why should I care? I don't use emoticons.

They all just like men with messy hair.

>It is an impossible task to communicate gender in a single image
just draw bulge

>Gender is complicated.
There's only two its not complicated at all. These people really are mentally ill.

>emoji
who cares?

He meant to say neo-marxists.

anime way ahead of western idiots once again
It's a different kind of autismal denial of reality and it keeps me wondering who's propping these people up

>your hairstyle is indicative of your gender
Who are the real sexists here?

Uh no sweetie, gender is a social construct, please pick up a book sometime

>mfw in the glorious future, we will tell people's sex apart by presence or absence of hijab

Attached: 1550777117995.jpg (760x945, 551K)

Gender doesn't exist. Sex is irrelevant. Remove both.

Gee, I wonder who...

Attached: 1403886601060.jpg (640x839, 133K)

>having your physical appearance or preferred pronouns as a core part of your identity
Pathetic.

>sex is irrelevant
virgin cope

Rule 34 on gumdrop’s boi pucci.

This is really funny because emoticons used to be genderless, raceless yellow smiley faces. Then, to support diversity, they made a male and a female version in every skin tone for every emoji. But now you have to pick a gender and a race before sending someone a basic emoji so that's kinda racist/transphobic. They are trying to fix it now by adding more emojis with every hair style between male and female so trans people aren't being left out anymore. Unfortunately, defining "male" and "female" with hair styles is a way to enable gender stereo types so basically nothing but bigotry. The only solution I can think of at that point is adding even more emojis with both feminine and masculine faces matching all different hair styles and skin tones, all doing masculine, feminine and unisex sports and activities.

In the end, the only one gaining acceptance in this whole story is the emoji designer, who will never run out of business.

Attached: 1500840286573.jpg (800x598, 126K)

Why are you wasting your time here? Should you be breeding, since that's the sole reason for your existence?
No thinking, only fucking.

this reminds me, how do you remove specific emoji from the keyboard? can it be done? i'm tired of scrolling through over 9000 different representations of fucking professions just to find the shrugging girl and they just keep adding fucking more

>google continuing to clutter up unicode
>not technology related
big oeuf

Public school? You'd think they teach basic human biology.
Thanks, darling.
Gender does exist (there's two) and sex is fun. Being by yourself in a dress doesn't make you a woman but if that is your thing, whatever.
Not them, but how is reading your comments a waste of time, are your words irrelevant?
>breeding
Incel, please. Btw, waiting till after college.

This is proof that google makes far too much money

Download adnauseam browser plugin to take some of that money back

adnauseam.io/

Shills out in full force

redditfags plz go

Attached: modern_women.jpg (960x720, 123K)

WW-III can't come soon enough.

>raceless
>yellow
stopped reading
you're literally retarded if you honestly think a yellow emoji has nothing to do with race.

Attached: catto.jpg (750x724, 60K)

triggered chink GET

Do people seriously get triggered because they can't make their Spanish flaminco dancing chef emoji be a black trans-queer hijab character? Seems like Google is conning itself here and that nobody really cares. Everyone I know just uses the yellow emojis except for a couple oreos who use the dark black ones.

who the fuck cares about emojies
are you a girl or something

Using emojis, ever.