Manjaro

install gentoo

>Install Arch
t.ubuntu user

This or Debian Stable or Debian Testing

Devuan

SteamOS, ChromeOS, ReactOS, Manjaro, Haiku, Gentoo, Skoot-a-loo, Linux 2022

Arch Linux
but only start as a hobby then once confident, make it the main.
Tried different approaches but this is the one that made it through.
I just followed the wiki, had wiki pages on my phone 24/7, watched some youtube vids for stuff that wiki was a mess for...
and also wiki.installgentoo

I honestly couldn't find a distro that was good enough or better than windows. It sucks because otherwise I would gladly have GNU/Linux as my main OS.

Xubuntu for maximum just working and working.
Debian stable with backports if you hate africans and south africans in general.
Devuan if you picked above and don't like systemd. Otherwise you can also remove systemd from Debian but it takes some more time.
Manjaro if you like to being memed on.
Arch if you like/liked playing with legos during your childhood and now don't like to work.
Void if you like Arch but also like/need to work.
Gentoo. This needs no reason. Install it.
Can't think of a reason to install Fedora, other than rolling releases from a Big, Backed Company.
puppyLinux (in a USB) for restoring fucked computers.
For all and every option, pick Xfce as DE or i3 as wm. This will grant you maximum stability and utility.

Correct

Attached: 1517180096624.gif (960x540, 824K)

for you, i recommend
sugar on a stick linux.

Ah but that's vulnerable to the Miley Virus

Attached: 5578DD81-A76E-4DA1-9C13-64A78ED80553.jpg (652x649, 295K)

What about for a first time user to be used on a constantly running torrent and fap machine?

Why is antergos never a suggestion? EVER?

bcuz arch and manjaro

Slackware is the only Linux distro whose users seem like cool people to just get really high and hang out with. You should install that.

NixOS
>customize your entire system from one config file instead of scattered files far away by kilometers
>nix is superior in every way to any other package manager, no more /bin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /shit/designed/bin
>say goodbye to dependency hell

DUDE

OpenSUSE (Leap, Tumbleweed)
Ubuntu (any flavor. GNOME can be slow, MATE is nice)
KDE Neon if you consider Kubuntu.

If Arch and Gentoo was for you you wouldn't have asked.

Don't go with Debian, Ubuntu is better in every way.

Manjaro is a broken and unsafe distro. Also Angergos. If you want a system that eventually breaks because the devs and maintainers are script kiddies who don't know what they're doing, go for it.

Windows 10

arch ubuntu and devuan are my favorites

Attached: tut-clear-linux.png (840x370, 33K)

CloverOS

is this bait?

Unironically Gentoo.
>no kernel botnet because you build the kernel yourself
>has whatever software you want and no distro-specific built-in reliance on any particular options being installed as opposed to others
>USE flags let you only install whatever features of a program you actually need while leaving the rest of the program uninstalled
>no built-in distro-specific userland idiosyncracies (other than the package manager and related scripts)
>locations of binaries and config files follow unix convention
>by default, no notifications you don't absolutely have to see for system administration purposes, and as for those, the notifications show up in the command line when using the package manager, instead of disrupting desktop experience
>the package manager creates bloat, admittedly, but that bloat is nothing but source files kept around to help reinstall, upgrade, or downgrade packages; the distro has no other bloat whatsoever
It's simply the best choice there is.

Mint

Install arch
t. arch oldfag

This is a site with good recommendations: computefreely.org/

All distros are shit. Check out Linux From Scratch. You can make your own linux distro.

This. Intel is the #1 contributor to Linux.

Gentoo is superior to linux from scratch, it's pretty much the same thing but without having to spend hours doing everything yourself. You get close enough to the procedure to fully understand it without having to get so close it takes too long to finish. You could accomplish the same thing by installing a package manager on your LFS distro, but since a package manager is the single most defining feature of a distro, you'd just wind up with a distro that could technically be considered Debian-based or Slackware-based or whatever just by virtue of having the package manager there, despite the fact that you built that distro yourself from scratch. Of course you could just not install a package manager at all, but the kind of trauma you have to go through as a sysadmin if you choose to go that route is completely disgusting.

Based post

install Linux from scratch

How is Manjaro a meme?

Because while it claims it's arch for beginners it defeats the purpose of using arch based systems. Often breaks on updates because they stale their upstream updates to test and the thing is a complete clusterfuck. You want rolling release use pure arch or Void. You want something rock solid even if old, Debian/Devuan. Nothing else should matter desu

Solus because budgie is bretty gud and they make it.

Just don't expect to use any obscure programs.

Arctix or Devuan.