Welcome to your new job!

Here's your work machine by the way

Attached: the resolution of champions.png (400x295, 70K)

I would prefer 5:4 or even 16:10, but I guess this is fine. Which GNU distro?

Attached: E74CD5A8-FC05-40EF-BC4F-AA55D1AFC1A1.png (500x375, 348K)

There's literally nothing wrong with 1366x768

>Which GNU distro?
It's for work user, Windows. Any more jokes like that and you won't last through your probationary period.

>Windows
What kind of job is this? I'm a programmer, I think I am over qualified to punch numbers into a spreadsheet.

The latest version of Windows. Windows 10
Don't worry we've pre-installed Skype and Office for you
If you want to install anything else, run it by IT first, we don't want anything unauthorized running on our machines

>Calling it a probationary period

Like it's a punishment? Oh wait in america we have no real job rights so yeah I guess having a job itself is the punishment.

I don't think this is a job for me. See above, booker man.

What's wrong with 1366x768, other than the retarded numbers?

>1366x768

Attached: a6967b2ea41a7a56847f8a9706c32cfb.jpg (1366x768, 146K)

but i am THE IT

Hello user, welcome to 2150.
Here's your work machine by the way

Attached: future.png (1366x768, 31K)

Th-thanks
How long until I'm allowed out of my wage cage?

1440x900 is peak comfyness

Got assigned 3 machines to myself just so I could have 3 monitors on my PC.

You will have to buy your own body for that, and the cheapest one is 20.000 donald dollars.

they tried to pull this off at my current job
I just asked them to bring my own laptop and they were OK with it
Now I have to carry a massive fucking T530 every day, stupidest decision ever

But muh moviez

I think you missed /tpg/, they love this shit

Attached: 1531771615964.png (1385x554, 33K)

Attached: IMG_20190502_194728_167.jpg (992x1021, 110K)

Even movies look good, i can run flawlessly both 1080p and 720p videos on a 1366x768 acer.

Why the hell you need such a bigger resolution on 15 and lower inches displays?

1366 on laptops
1080p on desktop monitord
And 4k just on TV's bechause they have the biggest panels.

4k on laptops and phones is extremely retarded.

You can buy an 1366x768 asus laptop with ryzen 7 and play games on the vega 10 at higher frames and lesser heat bechause it have less to render than 1080p.

>1080p on desktop monitord
1440p is the sweet spot for productivity.

Yes, but at a high enough resolution you can turn off anisotropic filtering and anti-aliasing because you can't see individual pixels.

768p is pure eye cancer, 1080p is the bare minimum

unpopular opinion this is perfectly reasonable
Just because your workplace gives you your work computer doesn't mean you own it. It still belongs to your workplace. It's perfectly justifiable for them to install whatever they want you using on it, and prohibit the installation of anything they don't want you using. Because you have no right -- in the ethical sense -- to do anything with it that they don't want you to do with it.
Just like how if you borrow a book from a friend and want to take it to the beach, and your friend tells you not to take it to the beach, you have no right in the ethical sense to take it to the beach.
It's also justifiable for them to install botnet on your work computer that lets them spy on your activity. After all, it's their computer, and you're on their time. Whatever you do on that computer, you're using time borrowed from them to do it, and you're also using property borrowed from them to do it. There's absolutely no reason they shouldn't have the right to make sure time and property that BELONGS TO THEM is being used as they see fit.

>company issued X1Yoga
>14" @ 1440p
>eyes feel like exploding first couple weeks
>but now I can see forever
>starting to wonder what 14" @ 2160p would feel like

Attached: keep going.jpg (750x499, 63K)

It feels great user

Tell you what. I'll go ahead and run it in 800x600 stretched. I don't need pixels to do my job.

so this is the power of 1366x768

Attached: ohno.png (1366x768, 121K)

Change your DE and GTK theme, brother, that one is ass.

Attached: 7987r98.jpg (992x1430, 244K)

You forgot it's the 17 inch Probook 470 G5

An elite resolution for elite individuals

best part about being IT is I've got a VM running Linux Mint. but I've also got Steam on the host side to play some Warframe.

this is win10, brother

actually i'm packing 1920x1080 on another monitor and a 1050x1680 on a 3rd. Laptop is 1366x768. Having 3 different resolutions feels pretty comfy

Attached: power.png (4336x1680, 2.29M)

> Why the hell you need such a bigger resolution on 15 and lower inches displays?
Because I have 100% vision and 1080p on 16:9 15.6" looks just fine while fitting more content or anything.
STFU, I'm an admin and I can manage my OS, any incompatibilities will be brought up to and discussed with my department. Don't tell me execs use anything other than Macs, they aren't right? - Linux isn't much different, so should be alright. At any rate, I can use a VM for any other garbage software you'd throw at me.

Attached: 1547402678700.jpg (419x396, 39K)

Dual-screen laptops have been tried multiple times and failed miserably.

Attached: Toshiba-Libretto-W100.jpg (600x450, 25K)

Won't stop Apple.

Moving my t500 from a 1280x800 to 1680x1050 display was the best thing I could do to that machine. Now I'm getting it a 1920x1200 display and see just how much it improves.

Oh yea? Let's see you write a macro that adds those two rows together. Can't do it huh, that's what i thought.

Attached: boss boomer.png (700x470, 337K)

>jobs
>2019
lol

literally this, once apple perfects it, it will become the new standard. That stupid touchbar on the MBP's is proof of the beginning: soon, the whole keyboard will be virtual. And what if they manage to perfect the folding phone? The same technology can be applied to a laptop, to make a laptop with a virtual screen keyboard that opens up to a full tablet. that is going to be the next step, mark my words

Apple is probably the only laptop company that never made a single laptop with a full touchscreen.

> The same technology can be applied to a laptop
It can, but first they need a material to create "bumps" on underneath material.

do apple laptops currently ship without rubber feet to stop it from moving around when you type? when did that idea of simple convenience become obsolete?

It's not about rubber. I'm thinking about something which can protrude under flexible OLED and create the feedback only when it's required. Otherwise this idea will be dead because it's not going to be different from iPads, and even they have their keyboard accessory.

well the entire screen wont be able to bend, just the part in between the two flat panels. so why not just put bumps underneath one of the panels? Either that or I'm not following what you mean when you say "bumps", we could be talking about different things in which case elaborate please

I can do my job on linux just fine

>what is scaling

scaling is for pussies, I got the pixels, might as well use them

Attached: 227.jpg (600x600, 95K)

you can use them to get cleaner images and sharper text

>The memes are actually beginning to be true
I want off this ride

>2005
>New job at local mom & pop doing basic hardware/software troubleshooting
>Receive a brand new Dell mobile workstation that maxes out at1900x1200
>Meanwhile in 2019
>Working for major global tech industry leader
>IT requires us to turn in laptops every year for upgrades
>1366x768 is the best we can do, user!
What the fuck

I'm talking about some soft of a component which will enable touch typing only when it's required, right under the screen. Otherwise the panel will look ugly.

If you work at a hipster "startup" instead of a corporation, you get one of these.

No function keys, and the other keys have a 33% failure rate which requires a $200 replacement, along with a display which is defective.

Attached: shitster laptop.jpg (1808x1680, 281K)

>I'm a programmer
Literally the only friend of mine who works as a software developer uses exclusively Windows.

How would they account for the lack of feedback when you type on a touchscreen or flat surface instead of physical, mechanical keys?

For productivity purposes, can't see that being widely accepted or entirely replacing physical keyboards

People have accepted touch keyboards on phones and tablets, but not for writing whole books or papers or anything like that

A whole generation of people are growing up with phones and tablets as their only typing input device.
Typing feedback is the realm of boomers and billionaires.

A whole generation could grow up typing on pianos with their feet, it would still be less efficient than a proper keyboard.

Eh. If you grew up with nothing but a touch keyboard, I can see how you'd type just as fast on that as I could with a normal keyboard.

The ceiling for how fast you can type on a touchscreen is probably pretty low.
Have the kid learn to touch type with mavis beacon for a couple weeks and they'll probably be faster already.

>im a programmer
>anything but windows
Grow up

My work uses the latest ubuntu LTS and im free to rice it. I immediately installed i3 and redshift.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Because of this I personally bring a 1920x1080 monitor and connected it, setting the monitor as primary display.

Fuck you IT department for giving me a 1366x768 dell.

god damn if someone is retarted enough to use those things for their startup then the entire operation is doomed to fail. With those yours just buying a name and a pretty looking cover, nothing else. I can only imagine what other frivolous and useless bullcrap they would blow their funds on aswell

Attached: chromatically aberrated slut.png (385x382, 240K)

based

I don't see any issue with it
I am able to do the needful regardless of resolution

My job gave me a really nice 15" laptop with a 4K panel, and I'm literally required to use GNU/Linux on it, but any distro of my choice.
I don't even use it that much.

Attached: 1556458812117.png (1193x810, 817K)

if it has an HDMI or any port that can output 1440p resolution then I don't give a shit because fuck looking diagonally down for hours. I need a real monitor at a good height.

Oh wow, your enormous sample of one(1) must mean something!!!1!

My department refuses to get us new thinkpads. Every other department has new T480s and I'm stuck with this POS T440s

>future technology
>with whites as a minority

keep dreaming, nigger.

Thanks boss but I prefer to use my personal machine

*whips out QHD X1 Carbon*

With an aspect ratio of 683:384, it's clear 1366x768 was a decision based on the cheapest resolution possible that isn't complete garbage.

agree

>being this much of a screenlet

Attached: Untitled.png (1909x1129, 245K)

>posts picture of lauren mayberry
>her armpits aren't eve in shot
OH NO NO NO NO

No programmers use Windows.

>we don't want anything unauthorized running on our machines
>installing windows
With so companies do this?

Attached: 1556865262574.jpg (507x507, 39K)

>implying you'll be able to smuggle that contraband in through the xray scan station at the office front door

Who's this semen demon

we are allowed to order any kind of pc when you're hired
90% of the company uses some apple stuff
it's not that it is showed down our throats, people willingly choose it

Attached: kiwicom.png (1407x1182, 90K)

POSTING
FROM
LITERALLY
SAME
LAPSHIT
FROM
WORKPLACE

Attached: 1549627587569.png (1626x1450, 187K)

>1366x768
sounds perfect, if it has an SSD and the batteries last for at least 10 hours, then its a great laptop.
btw, I will wipe the drives clean and install GNU/Linux on it, if you don't mind

>GNU/Linux
No machine can last 10 hours of WORK with that

fine with me.

Try explaining to management tensorflow takes months to train on CPUs. Just kill me.

Sure, there are plenty of them on the market

My work-thinkpad x1 yoga has a 2560x1440 panel, but why would I even care if it was a 1366x768 panel?

It's not my laptop and I did not pay for it so I don't give a single shit about the specs of it.

Attached: Annotation 2019-05-10 104348.png (909x768, 1.56M)

th-thanks

Attached: Untitled.jpg (1366x768, 189K)

laptops i've owned;
1994: 640x480
1997: 1024x768
2004: 1400x1050
2008: 1280x800
2010: 1280x800
2013: 1366x768

And Jow Forums keeps praising chinkpad for some reason

The keyboard is kinda nice on hp business laptops but I dont get why they dont have middle mouse button above the trackpad. Literally makes it unusable for me as a latitude guy. At least it's not a thinkpad.