/spg/ - Smartphone General

2019 iPhone XR Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good Resources:
>Reviews, Specs, Comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY (embed)

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread

Attached: apple_iphone_xr_2019_onleaks_pricebaba_2.png (2562x1578, 2.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

phonearena.com/phones/best/Tablets
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-9-global
reddit.com/r/CopperheadOS/comments/9xeo6b/copperheados_dead/
grapheneos.org/
xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/
youtu.be/XkSGK63bhKs
youtu.be/yMbhw2KwJSg
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pull trigger?

Attached: Screenshot_20190509-175407_Gearbest.png (1080x1920, 295K)

>phablet
you filthy zoomer

Is using DHL shipping a bad idea
I heard it was because they tax you 100%

I want a tablet for reading books and manga. Since the FireHD 10 is currently at a discount should I go for it? I've never owned one before so I don't really have a comparison.

phonearena.com/phones/best/Tablets

Is Nokia 5.1 plus best phone for the price ( I don't want PWM and I need headphone jack)?

Attached: alexander-anderson-321.jpg (300x450, 31K)

Best launcher? Should I unironically use the one that came out of the box? Also, does anyone really prefer swipe typing over regular texting?

Attached: ourguy.jpg (940x601, 158K)

OP7 is launching in a week's time

Thanks for the reply but I don't want to blow hundreds of dollars on a tablet. The fire HD is available for 110€ where I live, that's in my budget. I own a cheap chinkphone and I know next to nothing about the tablet and smartphone market.

>tempered glass

get hidrogel you nigger

shit deal, you can get a Xiaomi Mi9 for cheaper than that:
kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-mi-9-global

Is this why Snapdragon is faster?

Attached: poo in the SoC.png (908x955, 1.21M)

Get another case, like the slim spigen ones. Ive always used those and never had any issues. Those cheap plastic ones arent worth it.

>Thanks for the reply but I don't want to blow hundreds of dollars on a tablet. The fire HD is available for 110€ where I live, that's in my budget. I own a cheap chinkphone and I know next to nothing about the tablet and smartphone market.
Ich hab dir im anderen faden geantwort was willst du denn wissen ? Für den Preis gibt es keine konkurrenz außer gebraucht. Mein tipp wäre warehouse dealz dann sparst du nochmal. Meine beiden waren neuwertig trotz zustand akzeptabel. Die werbung deaktiviert dir der kundenservice kostenlos

Hab ich übersehn. 85€ is ein guter Preis, Interessant das sie dir die Werbung kostenlos entfernt haben, hab gedacht das geht nur gegen Aufpreis. Kannst du mir was zur Akkulaufzeit sagen? Wie liegt das Teil in der Hand? 1cm Dicke bei nem halben Kilo wirkt nicht grad handlich.

>Best launcher?
Nova.

Should i get the next xiaomi flagship?

>Should i get the next xiaomi flagship?
Why ask when it hasn't even been released yet?

if you need a new phone and want the best value, yes
otherwise no, keep your current phone

k20?

A friend of mine had a switch out phones if she thought her partner had been spying on her. Among other things she noticed was a litany of direct to consumer messages short codes. She said she didnt have many text messages and didnt know what was going on there.
Do any of the spy programs employ short codes to gather messages?

Attached: FB_IMG_1478105972720.jpg (960x539, 24K)

Sorry for german wall
Ja in der Theorie gegen Aufpreis allerdings ist es scheinbar so das sie mittlerweile bei fast allen das kostenlos machen wenn du im Chat mit den Indern bist. Konnte auch nirgends das kostenpflichtig entfernen lassen als ich der Anleitung gefolgt bin.
+ Akkulaufzeit: Okay bis gut ich benutze Helligkeit 80% und würde sagen du kommst 4-6 Stunden aus je nach Nutzung. Ich nutze aber nur 20-80% um die Batterie zu schonen, also ggf. länger. Reines Manga lesen und Jow Forums zieht nicht groß. Videos und Spiele merklich. Für den Preis auf jeden Fall ordentlich. Komme mit 1 Ladung pro Tag hin.
+ Display eigentlich der Hauptvorteil, für den Preis gibts sonst gar nichts. Sonst alle ab 150 Euro an da Amazon subventioniert.
+Arbeitsspeicher 2GB ist etwas knapp habe so 800mb freien speicher ohne system
-System FireOS ist Android 5 du hast nur wenige einstellmöglichkeiten und einen haufen nutzloser Amazon Apps wenn du kein Prime Kunde bist. Du brauchst kein Amazon Konto wirst ohne Root oder Adb aber die Apps nicht los. Launcher Hijack + launcher deiner wahl kann zumindest die Oberfläche wie normales Android aussehen lassen und kostet auch nur 20-50mb Ram
-Gewicht finde ich noch in Ordnung
-Handlichkeit schwierig also für Mangas einen ticken zu lang weil du halt mit einer Hand greifst und scrollst, die dicke stört mich nicht. Glaube das 8 zoll Tab wäre besser geignet das hat aber nichtmal Full HD und ist generell schlechter wenn ich das richtig im Kopf habe.
Für den Preis kann ich trotzdem nur empfehlen wenn dir Stock Android nicht wichtig ist. Habe Mangadex App und eine App mit der du die Statusleisten ausblenden kannst, damit macht das schon Spass

so sieht das dann aus

Attached: 1557262316164.png (2230x1600, 918K)

You can find better chinkshit

Wow, Danke für den Warehouse Tipp und das ausführliche Review. Ich hab mir dort eins für 83€ bestellt, Zustand Akzeptabel is halt ein Glücksspiel aber da Amazon so kulant ist hab ich da keine Bedenken.
Root und ein eigener launcher ist für mich auch ein muss, alleine schon um den ganzen bloat zu entfernen. Ich bin gespannt ob bald jemand Lineage oder was ähnliches portiert, kernel source ist ja anscheinend auch verfügbar und wird da auf xdadev auch diskutiert.

Ichika a best

Miku a cute

Nino a SHIT. A SHIT

Gerne, wie gesagt habe zwei Akzeptabel bestellt und beide waren Neu. Bestelle da eigentlich alles gebraucht und normal sieht man halt schon Kratzer an den Sachen. Root wäre theoretisch für mich interessant aber spiele halt FGO damit und das zickt gerne rum bei gerooteten Geräten.

Iphone 8 or Galaxy s9?

I kind of feel like going for the iphone just to try it out. I've been on android since the beginning.

I'm going to miss the fm radio though

KISS

i use the old adw launcher and its surprisingly light weight

Usa lg v40 are now rootable and there are first LOS16 builds for it.
Is it worth 350$ for openbox condition from ebay?

I have a one plus 3, it is great, battery life tends to last me, and even if it didn't it charges in minutes.

The phone feels snappy and doesn't really have any problems, but I want a better camara and smaller phone. What is a good phone that I can get with similar performance? Preferably with a headphone jack, fast charge, amoled and external SD support.
I'm willing to spend up to $300 but the cheaper the better, as long as it doesn't feel crappy on regular use.

Attached: Screenshot_KISS_launcher_20190509-112106.png (1080x1920, 1.37M)

currently have a OnePlus 6 but am considering buying a secondhand Pixel 2 so that I can flash Copperhead OS for the privacy and security comfiness that I won't get with stock android, much less chink phones.
thoughts?

Attached: aputhinkpad.jpg (1000x800, 301K)

Is it possible to root an US t-mobile Note 9 yet? Will the s-pen still work if I do?

im in canada should i get the pixel3a or galaxy s10? the only reason i want the pixel tbqh is for android auto wireless capability

>much less chink phones.
Uhhhhhhhhhhhh, both Pixels and OnePlus (Oppo) devices are both Chinese and developer friendly, so, what do you mean? Don't torture yourself with Copperhead OS which is in permanent beta stages, just use a custom ROM with microG and with as much FOSS apps as possible.

I too at one point got curious about an iPhone and tried it out. IOS is great but I didn't like how locked down the phone was. Android gives you a lot more options for apps and customization.

Is it even worth getting another phone right now if I have an S8 already? I have a free upgrade to whatever I want, but the s8 isn't even that old and I can't imagine smartphone tech has advanced that much in the past two years or so.

Attached: CjcQBE6.jpg (362x346, 38K)

copperheadOS is dead:
reddit.com/r/CopperheadOS/comments/9xeo6b/copperheados_dead/

>oneplus does the same thing google did years ago and now everyone hates them
wew

Only thing that has changed really is marginal upgrade in ram, clock speeds, and cameras. I'd say do it if you have the money to pay for the tax.

get the Pixel

Don't trip Knox unless your sure you want to keep that phone.

well damn, okay. what about pixel 2 and graphene OS?
grapheneos.org/

Attached: trashman.jpg (440x488, 56K)

Definitely plan on keeping it. All of the Samsung shit is disgusting, I accidentally turned on Bixby and now there's no way to turn it off. Absolutely worthless.

I was looking at the note 9, but with the note 10 around the corner I might as well wait and see.

>be burger who loves his AXON 7
>see ZTE has announced a new AXON 10

Is there any chance it'll come here? I thought big daddy Trump had banned ZTE from doing business as a fuck you to China's state spying.

I doubt much will change other than software and some hardware gimmicks. It's still a great phone for the price. I've started typing using the pen and swiping to form letters, which I've found to be faster. Also great for reading ebooks since it's such a tall screen, can fit about 3 pages on one screen.

Can't comment on how usable that is. I've been using custom ROMs since 2010. back on my S1 and this is the first time I've heard of the project you've mentioned.

I swyped this post faggot
what are you gonna do about it?

That doesn't mean you like swiping though

>fingerprint scanner
>headphone jack
>no notch

iPhone SE is more aesthetic and a better phone. I just got a used one in mint condition with 99% battery for 100$.

fuck yes, that is a good deal, didn't know the V40 was exploited already
I've done this twice already, the only issue is when I want to type words that Swype won't pick up

Pic related

Attached: 0C5705CD-D010-4A53-BD8C-C80CFFAAAF2A.jpg (2000x1705, 539K)

Download BxActions and remap the button to something useful. Also, you can disable most system apps with ADB:
xda-developers.com/disable-system-app-bloatware-android/

Will try that, thanks

>got a new phone a couple months ago
>couldn't afford a new case or screen protector
>couldn't afford any of the warranties
>drop phone and the screen cracks
What are my options? This is the first time I ever broke a smart phone
How much does a new screen cost? I'm a poor fag btw

Attached: 1554263262079.png (748x639, 206K)

What year did the SE come out?

Not sure but it's fast.

your own fucking fault for not just waiting until you had enough to buy a case too

your options are
1) to kill youself
or
2) feel the burn, feel the sting of your stupidity caused by your impatience, rue the waste of what little money you have. fele embarrassed, feel regretful. feel every second of it. don't rationalize it, don't make excuses for yourself, don't try not to think about it. no. feel shitty, feel it all. so that you never make such a stupid fucking mistake again. There will be much bigger and much more important things in life in the future than a fucking phone which is nothing. learn your lesson now so you don't fuck up like this again when it comes to those much more important things.

That's why I use iPhone SE I buy it for 100$ don't have to buy a case

Attached: Screenshot_20190503-152326.png (2160x1080, 710K)

Best phone for under 200usd?

Attached: 1557206738570.jpg (3000x2000, 1.24M)

>get redmi 5 plus
>have fun with it and it feels good for being such a cheap-ass phone
>think about changing the color of the toggles shelf
>dive deep into fucking threads about flashing and rooting and figuring out why the fuck can't i change my firmware
>realise this is too much fucking work to just customize this tiny little thing
I'm ready to pay extra for a phone where can i just customize colors out of the box, but then it needs wireless charging and whatever sweet bonuses it can have, since there's no need to change the phone without actually upgrading.but then none of the high-profile chinkphones have all of this together.

What a fucking bother, give me back flip phones

Attached: 1490114317487.png (540x720, 436K)

If you're willing to flash a custom ROM (made by some unaccountable amateurs somewhere in the world, and don't lie you're not going to pore over every line of code with every update), then a Xiaomi something something.

If you want it to just werk out of the box then either a Moto something something, a Nokia something something, or some other Android One phone like the Xiaomi Mi A2/A2 Lite.

only pajeets are into this shit. show me hydrogel (the actual spelling you ESL shitter) with privacy protection and maybe you have an argument

a refurbished g5 with custom rom

>realise this is too much fucking work to just customize this tiny little thing
No it isn't. And it isn't even work, imagine the genius behind making it this easy for the end user.
youtu.be/XkSGK63bhKs
youtu.be/yMbhw2KwJSg

What's the best android dialer? I want something that combines the regular calls with WhatsApp calls and contacts.

I forgot to mention it's for my mom so it doesn't have to be that great in term of technology. Will check out those recommendations.

yeah i've seen and done some of that, there's just no way i'm making a fucking mi account and connecting my phone number to it. I've had enough when i was deleting and blocking all of the googleshit, i don't want to deal with chink botnets too.

All for a tiny little customization option.

Attached: Chinese_-_Wine_Pot_-_Walters_44569_-_Side_(cropped).jpg (1401x1404, 401K)

hello, I need my monthly reminder why no phone manufacturer does not release a top tier flagship device with removable battery and advertise it. do phone manufacturers hate money? or are they afraid to release a phone that will cause phone sales to plummet for the next 10 years because it'll last that long like new?

scout a cheap iphone then for mommy

>couldn't afford a new case or screen protector
How poor are you? You can literally get a screen protector for $1-2 off eBay or AliExpress and a case is a few bucks more, you have no excuses. How did you afford a phone if you couldn't afford to spend a few dollars to keep it protected?

Redmi Note 7

MIUI literally has theming built in, just choose a theme you like off the theme store.

i don't think the toggle bar is themeable, complete with all of the system stuff like clock, contacts, etc.

At least all of the themes i've browsed through haven't haad anything with those.

Attached: toggle_bar.jpg (436x776, 46K)

WHY THE FUCK GOOGLE HATES EASTERN EUROPE SO FUCKING MUCH? Their phones are rare to find online, they get zero FUCKING MARKETING, absolutely zero here, you can't find them in any psychical store, if you were to ask someone about google pixel they won't even know what the fuck is that. YOU HAVE BILLIONS OF FUCKING DOLLARS AND YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO PUT SOME LIGHT FOR THE PIXEL HERE?

Attached: HsTTYKZ.jpg (695x642, 119K)

God... You don't have to associate your number with it, you can use a throwaway email. You clearly haven't researched this enough. Also, you're turning toggles on and off most of the time you're flashing something and copying files. It's not hard.

>YOU HAVE BILLIONS OF FUCKING DOLLARS AND YOU CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO PUT SOME LIGHT FOR THE PIXEL HERE?
Why would they? So you could rather get their overpriced phones instead of dozens of Xiaomi devices that blow them out of the water with value for money?

Buy Huawei.

probably that it'll last forever now. i just put a new battery in my mom's nexus 6p, which is like 3-4 years old, and that fucker is just as snappy as the day i bought it for her. so fucking quick, runs all her apps flawlessly. just replacing the batteries man with flagships i think you could easily hit 10 years of use now.

>verification gets to 65%
>miflash gives you an error and says you need to verify your account by connecting it to a phone number

>chinkshit that sends my data to the chinese gov
Absolutely no. Maybe I'll get a nokia 7, I was interested in pixel 3a.

Best phone for under 50$?

redmi go

yes but your 6p still has a potato camera. I want one with modern specs and I'd probably never buy another phone again.

6p had arguably the best camera in the game when it came out and it's still pretty decent

Closest one is V20 from 2016 :(

Attached: 1545585334820.gif (235x122, 2.25M)

Looking to buy a new phone!

USA / Sprint

Budget: $500~
Size: 6in~ hieght, up to 3in length, large

Features:
- Good camera (Wide lens appreciated, portrait mode ideal)
- Finger print reader
- Headphone jack
- Wireless charging
- OLED/AMOLED display
- MicroSD support

?

*this kills the crab*

Not sure if that's true, but whatever - just use a burner number.
>Maybe I'll get a nokia 7
Yeah, that totally isn't locked down like Huawei and doesn't send data to anyone.

Is it worth to upgrade from lg v20 with 4100 mah battery and LOS16 rom to lg v40 wich has stock 3300 mah battery and stock lg rom?
I want better camera. Are there big diffirence in main camera quality between them?

It was a promoted upgrade thing I only payes 60 dollars
I'm poor as fuck. After rent only have 300 extra. It's a temp job while I find something better

Vivo Nex S or Vivo V15Pro?

How botnetty are Vivo anyway?

LG G8

fuck dude, just find a port of gcam that will work with the V20
search here
celsoazevedo.com/files/android/google-camera/
and try one until you find one that works or google LG V20 gcam port to find the specific one