Ross Ulbricht is still in prison

Ross Ulbricht is still in prison.
He just made a website, what do you think about him Jow Forums ?
change.org/p/freerosspetition-we-seek-potus-s-clemency-for-ross-ulbricht-serving-double-life-for-a-website-realdonaldtrump-free-ross

Attached: fuckfrenchs.png (927x593, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ctvnews.ca/w5/justice-system-scrutinized-woman-hires-hitman-but-goes-free-1.2079731
wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-boss-first-murder-attempt-mentors-idea/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Ulbricht#After_the_conviction
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

do illegal things, get illegal prizes

He think he fucked up when he ordered someone murdered, if that indeed actually happened. Otherwise the punishment does not fit the crime IMHO. They were just trying to scare people from attempting to do what he did, which obviously failed.

Nigga ran a fucking drug supermarket

The crime was stepping on the toes of the big boys.

>boost clock 4.2Ghz

Wow I think my 7 year old intel cpu managed to get these clocks.

fuck off to reddit

This. He got way in over his head and he panicked. Understandably so. There was just no good exit strategy.

He was never charged with attempted murder, or anything related to it.

In b4 Jow Forumsfags flood in and claim drugs are degenerate and he deserved it

Gee, I wonder why american jewish overlords are so harsh on the drug sale and distribution, it's almost as if they're taking care of competition. Really makes a man ponder some things.

Big pharma both advertises and sells drugs and gets huge govt subsidies.

A lone wolf makes an eBay for drugs? Lock his ass up for life. No wait, two and a half lives.

>he dindu nuffin

Funny how that works when you're not brown.

Lol, this retard got probably over a thousand people inadvertently killed through drug overdoses and profited off of it.

A friend nearly overdosed from shit from SR down the street from me, absolute fucked m8. Wouldn't have done opiates either if it wasn't for online access.

More like protecting their investment so you can pay them.

It's stupid that he's in prison for the rest of his life, yeah, but seriously he made a website to facilitate online drug dealing, what did he expect?
>B-but I should be able to buy heroin if I CONSENT to it!
That's not the point. Whether or not his actions should be considered moral, they were blatantly illegal. Completely ignoring big pharma's involvement here, you can't seriously expect the Feds to just not care about something like this.

Looking at how he got nabbed (The IRS saw he used the same username to talk about being the guy running the Silk Road as he used on a blog which also had his full name and email address), I again have to ask: What the fuck did he expect to happen? It's one thing to go full Privacy-Autist knowing full well the Feds are itching to kick in your door, it's another to just ideologically grandstand like this.

>A friend nearly overdosed from shit from SR down the street from me, absolute fucked m8. Wouldn't have done opiates either if it wasn't for online access.

shut the fuck up retard, you aren't funny

>it doesn't matter if it's immoral as long as it's government sanctioned
This is literally your argument.

>The connection was made by linking the username "altoid", used during Silk Road's early days to announce the website, and a forum post in which Ulbricht, posting under the nickname "altoid", asked for programming help and gave his email address, which contained his full name
what a fucking retard

Yeah, but if you think about it this way then alcohol and tobacco should be banned as well. Why aren't they locking the CEOs of tobacco and alcohol companies if the products their companies sell lead to deaths.

Because alcohol and tobacco aren't used by inbreds and manchildren.

The worst thing about Ross Ulbricht is that the operators of other darknet marketplaces did not get near as bad a sentence as him. He was used as an example. The creator of Silk Road 2 snitched and walked away with no jail time whatsoever and is walking around California shilling startups, yet Ross will be in prison his entire life. How tf is that fair?

>something is illegal
>do it anyways
>muh muh why am I in jail
he is a retard and deserves it

It does not matter what you think about the laws, you don't force them to change alone by acting like an dissident

Yes?

Nicole Ryan gave an undercover cop 25k to kill her husband and walked free.

ctvnews.ca/w5/justice-system-scrutinized-woman-hires-hitman-but-goes-free-1.2079731

Do you not understand the word clemency? They're not trying to set him free today, they just want to reduce the sentence

because the legal system is biased towards women

No?
wired.com/2015/04/silk-road-boss-first-murder-attempt-mentors-idea/

>Though Ulbricht was convicted in February of being the Silk Road's creator and leader, he was never charged with murder, and these logs were never presented at trial.

>don't look both ways when crossing road
>cop sees
>sentenced to life in prison
>user says "why did u break the law?"

People who setup other darknet marketplaces after silk road managed to walk away with either no jail time or just a few years, yet Ross will spend his entire life in jail. His punishment was way too much, he was made an example of.

>His punishment was way too much, he was made an example of.
Which is why you have to be either an absolute retard or extremely ballsy to get involved in the drug trafficking business. The War on Drugs is too big to fail and the feds will never cut their losses.

lol what a whiny faggot
he should be thankful that he is breathing for what he has commited

Attached: you-drug-using-degenerate-you-expect-me-to-sit-here-and-25244733.png (500x355, 88K)

Ross did a lot of things right, but made some idiot mistakes like implying running an dark net site on his linkedin and hiring a hitman.

I still think the case is full of parallel construction and a lifetime in prison is absurd for a non-violent offence. (Ross was never charged for hiring a hitman)

He did way more than this, he could have run the site with donations, the bare minimum to run the servers and to work full time but no, this dipshit wanted his share on transactions.
This fact alone makes him an accomplice in literally thousands hundreds deals, don't expect a judge to let the first one to do this get a light sentence.

He could have played the third-party actor, clean hands not messing with any weird business but he chose otherwise, he is an adult and he got what he deserved.

not the user you're replying to but government is there to keep people in check. if you cry like a little faggot when you knew exactly what higher ups are gonna do once they find out what you did then i'm gonna laugh at your stupidity. in other words it's fine as long as you're not caught.

however, i do think life sentence is a tad too much but gov gonna gov.

There is a concept of proportional punishment.
If someone steals a pack of gum, we make them pay a large fine, not cut off their hand.
If you park your car improperly, you get a ticket (or towed if it's in the way). It doesn't get seized and auctioned.
Not pay your taxes? You'll get fined, and eventually imprisoned, but maybe for 5 years max.

Someone running an eBay clone for drugs does not deserve life in prison. It *could* be argued that his actions may have harmed society at large, but there are many, many other steps that could have been taken to make him pay.
He was jailed for life because the DEA are a bunch of dick swinging power-boner cops, and this is coming from someone in the military.

Attached: pol-npc-reply-0029.png (539x657, 227K)

>government is there to keep people in check
Cuck bootlicker mentality

Government is there to provide basic essential services and enforce contracts. Nothing more.

Like clockwork

nah m8 i'd rather they keep niggers off the streets

heroin is a lot easier to die from, m8.

People dying isn't funny, retard.

Yeah cause youre a perpetually terrified cuck

In some countries he would've been executed.

have sex

yeah, third world countries, and they're probably that way for a reason.

>he got what he deserved.
Two life sentences?

>have sex
with lolis

Attached: 9856177_p0.png (1438x2000, 2.12M)

i've got gunz but i'd rather not use them

His response does.
Backwards ass countries like the Philippines are hunting down and executing all sorts of drug dealers/users. Look how well they're doing.
It turns out brutalizing your populace does not make for a nice or successful place.

And that's what makes you a cuck, you'd rather beg for statist government to step in and intrude on people's lives in victimless crimes like drugs and save you rather than taking responsibility for your own self defense.

Play shit games, win shit prizes. I'm sure he was well aware of the consequences of running a drug market.

Attached: 1551586721499.png (470x555, 230K)

You are right, i misread and thought he was replying to somebody else.

>victimless crimes like drugs

Attached: 3227854885307.jpg (674x805, 120K)

edgy

Drugs are victimless crimes no matter what moralizing Jow Forumstards say.

Nope, it's just a smear campaign to get normies to side with the prosecution.

>dies from heroin overdose

Attached: 1510674486577.jpg (249x243, 17K)

not really. i just don't want to be jumped by some tard pumped full of chems. are you implying that streets would be safe if there weren't people watching over?

Unless he held a gun to your head and injected it into you against your will, this is a non-starter. You went to buy the heroin, you injected it, you died, your problem.

>dies from alcohol poisoning
>dies from lung cancer

Attached: 1495123428921.png (204x248, 6K)

You can't spell 'hero' with spelling 'heroin'

Attached: 1545760686466.jpg (667x670, 30K)

he did nothing wrong, should be exonerated.
got so many good and safe drugs off silk road.
sup deiseltime, sun-wu?

I never understood Ross because he was already rich. Most crime is done out of necessity so you can sympathize with the criminal but it’s harder to relate to a trust fund weenie turned crook.

shouldn't have done that whole murder for hire thing.

>running a site that deals/trades in illegal shit
>take a cut
>try and hire a hitman
>"he did nothing wrong!"

I think the hitman he tried to hire is ultimately what undid him. It was difficult for the defense to present him as an innocent kid that got sucked into cybercrime when he was actively trying to have someone killed. He justed himself big time on that one.

Trump should pardon him

Wow, incredible, people don't like drug dealers or rampant drug abuse. Clearly, they're the evil gremlins from the vile place known as "Jow Forums" led by the evil hacker "moot". Let's snort some fentanyl, fellow memeheads!

>I think the hitman he tried to hire is ultimately what undid him
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Ulbricht#After_the_conviction
>On July 20, 2018, Robert K. Hur, the U.S. Attorney for the District of Maryland, filed a motion to "dismiss with prejudice" the indictment containing the murder-for-hire charges, meaning the charges can never be re-filed.[49] On July 26, 2018, the charges were officially dismissed by U.S District Judge Catherine C. Blake who granted the motion to dismiss.
he got these sentences because he was the first one and you don't mess with drug dealing if you're not mafia and can't buy judges/politicians

>people don't like drug dealers
yeah, but that's a strawman. you're misrepresenting the context.

the faggot is spouting the standard DEGENERATE buzzword in the image and filename, and says the guy should be thankful for being alive - and the image is of a manlet known to advocate killing drug dealers.

The charges can be dismissed, but it doesn't mean that the judge didn't take that into account when sentencing.
The judge looks at everything, and makes a judgement call: Is he just some nerd who wanted to make an unrestricted eBay, or was he a malicious individual looking to cause harm to others and profit off death?

the latter fits him more imo.
You don't open a drug and weapons black market just to make money, I can't think money was his only motivation.
From what I saw he looks more like an edgy teen than anything else but that was official footages from (((journalists))) so the story was most likely changed a bit (or a lot but who really knows).

Can't you fucking read? Yes he was never charged with murder for hire, and so what?
Bull.

The trial evidence clearly shows that morals or ultra-liberal leanings didn't matter as much as power and money.

>darknet
concernedpepe.jpg

He hired hitmen to have at least 4 people killed.
He wasn't just like "hm, eBay for drugs would turn a nice profit". He tried to kill people.

>drug dealing is a victimless crime
Yeah, like punching someone in the dark

Yes they are

He should be set free and awarded as a national hero
But since we live in a clown world, he is ij prison, only clowns allowed on the streets

Attached: 1554593194248.png (764x1280, 299K)

sneed

Brainlet analogy

/thread
Jow Forums critters as predictable and one-track minded as always

>Lol, this retard got probably over a thousand people inadvertently killed through drug overdoses and profited off of it.

Big pharma and the lazy doctors who peddle their filth have thrust this country into the worst opioid crisis in history. Think of the tens of thousands of lives lost to overdoses in the past few years. I don't see any big pharma execs going to prison, and they've played a much more direct role in these deaths.

>It's stupid that he's in prison for the rest of his life, yeah, but seriously he made a website to facilitate online drug dealing, what did he expect?
He is a party to every single drug deal and illegal transaction that happened on the platform that he created and provided. Life, honestly, wasn't enough. He should have gotten death.

Very similar to how alphabay was busted

Dumb as a rock frog-poster.

Would any of care if he was in prison for selling stolen watches or counterfeit Gucci?He knew the rules prior to all of this. No fucking sympathy here.

He's a drug kingpin. In many countries he would have been hanged already.

He was utterly retarded for staying in the U.S. once SR was successful and he had money.

Alphabay dude was in Thailand and that didn’t make a shred of difference.

>cartels
>gangs
>mafias
>victimless
nice meme

>all results of criminalization
So making something that inherently has no victims creates criminal activity?

his own fault for never leaving america

how the hell is he posting on twitter if he's in jail? Did he go to one of those nice scandanvian resort jails?

>I-I was merely creating a website
Dishonest piece of shit.

you're glowing nigger

When are we going to lock up the creators of Venmo? Lots of drugs get bought through them all the time

What happend to him?

I absolutely agree with Ross' father's opinion on the trial and the sentencing,
But you know what? He was directly complicit in getting untold numbers of people addicted to drugs, murdered for drugs, who knows what else.

If you haven't seen a friend or family member lose themselves or get killed for or suicide from hard drug addiction you can take your opinion and put it up your stretched ass.

>He was directly complicit in getting untold numbers of people addicted to drugs,
What about™ the doctors and phara companies that proscribe opioids like candy