Redpill me on React. What even is it?
Friend of mine says he is making cash

Attached: download.png (900x675, 61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

gay

javascript is the single most biggest cancer on the internet

Attached: 1550883210426.jpg (201x450, 24K)

It's a Javascript GUI framework like any other. They all have cons and pros but the point is to keep creating new and fancy frameworks every few years so web devs don't starve.

If not JS you wouldnt even browse Jow Forums right now or if you would it would look like complete dogshit and barely work

it's sexy and hot and makes my pp hard

Redpills cause massive brain damage.

not as good as vue

Vue and Angular are a fucking clusterfuck compared to React

>javascript
>in charge of looks

this is what javascript does to your brain

at worst you would lose auto-updating threads and floating reply/thread watcher windows
without all the background js bloat pages would probably load 5x faster despite having to refresh the whole page, unless using iframes or something

JS is the reason a lot o modern websites have horrible performance and security issues. Visually it's always the same unnecessary ugly crap

You already load pages in half a second what the fuck more do you want you finna idiot

So it's just front-end GUI shit? You just worry about how the application looks and not the logic or the database? Sounds like something for designers/art students not programmers
Is it easy?

Yes, yes and yes.

and you can make money off this online?

it sucks

A lot, actually, because it's in demand.

It's a revolution in JavaScript rendering. Basically made it where it you never touch the DOM directly. Basically mainstreamed SPAs.

Have sex and use vue instead.

but react has more demand

It's fucking god tier, react + other frameworks for styles is the best thing that you're missing out, jsx overpowers everything, component based mark-up language is the future. React gang 10k a month. Get your ass reactivate now

t. learned react first

If I know nothing about web dev whats the fastest way to learn this

you first need to face the problems it solves

If it wasnt JS we'd still be complaining about flash. I'm sure something else equally as cancerous will replace it in the next 15 years

This is Jow Forums you tard, you are not supposed to "have a job"

yeah like not manipulating the dom directly, like who the fuck had a problem with doing that before anyways? only for like crazy fast paced api dashboards but nobody builds those except SaaS faggots

Learn basic html. Literally make a small site with html
Learn basic es6 javascript. Make a program that does something in es6. Try to use arrow functions and higher order functions like filter map reduce during this
Learn what jsx is and how it relates to javascript and html.
Learn react.

Y can do this in a week I think. Good luck yo.

if you want to quickly build a web 2.0 website with slick animations in a corporate environment then react.js is nearly perfet. react native is also becoming really big.

Facebooks's jQuery

first for mithril
if your javascript framework, library or what ever the fuck requires a build tool, it's shit.

I'm too smart to have a job

>react native
React native is and will be shit. It failed just as Xamarin did, they were always a step behind native. There is a fundamental flaw that is the bridge between JS and native, which turned out to be a bottleneck. Then there is also the problem with bugs and the lack of support for the newest features that Google makes available for native as soon as they are announced. Big G of course wants developers to use their development solution and does whatever it can to keep competitors out of the game.
The only good multiplatform solution now is Flutter, which is still green, but in the end Apple will of course maneuver to keep it 2nd tier in iOS.

flutter/dart is already dead

Good. Now someone kill AndroidX as well. Google is piling shitty kotlin code on top of a thick crust of years and years of shitty Java code. Google just can't into API's.

this right here
Mithril.js is great and requires way less tooling and setup to get started

i'm the same guy from the Svelte thread earlier, and also highly recommend Hyperapp. Svelte has been looking cool for a while and i'm very excited to try it out.

by the way if you do end up trying Hyperapp make sure you switch to the V1 branch on Github to get the appropriate docs. the V2 docs aren't complete yet (although still relatively sufficient for people experienced with js frameworks). the great thing about hyperapp is the built in state management with is highly influenced by Elm and very easy to understand.

It's taken me years to learn this...

React is a framework for writing web pages, especially web apps (SPAs). What makes it special is that (1) it's very slick and well supported by Facebook and (2) it reduces frontend programming in JS, which used to be a huge pain in the ass, to regular programming.

The biggest problem with JS is that it attracts the same kind of people as Haskell. That is, people who love everything to be super abstract and mathematical. So React isn't enough, you need Redux, and then you need to interface with every other thing in the perfect Redux way. Of course you don't have to do this, you just have to be careful of being sucked into the functional programming wormhole.

Not exactly, everything that happens in the frontend is done in JS. It's really just like programming desktop apps.

Good description.

reactjs.org/tutorial/tutorial.html

not the biggest problem with JS, I meant to say the biggest problem with React

>go to website
>their code example is hello world
why do people do this

yea the site needs some updating (hasn't been updated since v1, although the API is mostly identical). the docs are sufficient though.

Vue is better since it automatically caches reactive dependencies of child components and computes properties. Its dev tools are better, and Vuex is better than any state management in React.

Vue CLI V3 is also the best command line JS tool I've ever seen and eliminates the hell of the JS toolchain.

Once I actually learned it I stopped thinking this meme. PHP is 100x more cancerous

different user
>html
check
>es6 js
check
>jsx
todo

am i gonna make it bruh?

if you go front end, you will only need to know HTML, CSS and Javascript. The biggest problem is that you will need to learn every new javascript framework, CSS preprocessor only to do the same website for every client. The good part is that you will get money for doing simple shit but your sanity will slowly fade every year.

If you go backend, you will be more of a traditional programmer but sadly most small and medium business ask for Full stack when they need the business logic part. You will only get to be a pure back end developer if you go to a big business and at the beginning that's hard.

And full stack is mixing the insanity of front end with the cool stuff of back end.

fuck off normalfag

cool man i enjoy takes like this on what's in store for me when i finish studies...

react seems really nice, i'm new now to it but it's also the first framework i've ever used. i'm enjoying it

SPA = single page app?

>t. literal brainlet

This. Reactdrones Blown The Fuck Out.

Vue is the cleanest framework currently.

Can't get simpler than this

*zooming intensifies*

Attached: Screenshot_20190510-021334_Chrome_Dev_1.png (1080x1144, 117K)

it's a library that lets you use components.

Components are functions that take in props as arguments and return a HTML element.

That's literally all it does.

>can't type check templates (especially props that would be passed to other components)
>have to use shitty classes and decorators to type check your component
>lmao let's globally load your component, that won't have any implications with linters, tree shaking, type checking
>0 autocompletion in templates
>built more around templating than components with the "SFC" forcing you to have one component per file
>typescript ESLint parser still early in development
>uses event emitting instead of passing through function references in the props which prevents you from knowing that the component even emits any events
>v-if, v-else-if, v-for, etc make things much more unreadable than if, else return blocks with JSX
>auto formatting HTML template + script + CSS in the same file literally never works

Vue is alright, I think it's very useful for the common website with not much changing data, but if you're going to build more dynamic apps, React is just better in nearly every regard.

Nobody's doubting that, but javascript is still fucking cancer af.

Correct, but workplaces pay fucking stupid sums of money for you to shit out some javascript, so why not do that and work on your own shit in your spare time?

That's why ES2015+ and TypeScript has saved us. At least you can build something that would scale and be able to develop with others without huge headaches.

Hooooooooks!

Yes, Microsoft saved us with TypeScript.

It makes the webpage consume 3 times more memory than needed.

They aren't even the same things. The real improvement over react is svelte.

Seriously tho, this can happen. I need to slow down daily not to annoy people who work like a bunch of sloths. I shitpost 4-5 hours a day and still get way more stuff done then my mouthbreater coworkers. Im not even hiding this, weird that my employer pays me the same amount of 4 hours of work than my coworkers for 8-10(!)

Oh and Im on drugs all fucking day. Im on aderal today, next week I might drop a half acid

This. React uses inversion of control which encourages orthogonality and means that different components are easier to combine. This is possible because JSX templates are just syntactic sugar for regular JS function calls. You write code to compute your UI, you don't need to shoehorn it into a single HTML template. You don't need to use a completely different templating language that mixes programmatic constructs with CSS selectors. You can just pass lambdas to components, use arrays or objects as attributes, etc. Any time you pass anything to another component in React, it can be as simple as a plain-text string, or as complex an element tree as you like.

Take for example a modal popup. In a traditional JS library, this might be

...contents go here....

Now what if you want to put an icon in the title? You're screwed, because it only takes a string and now you need to make a modal like

In React, this pretty much never happens. You can do:

because JSX is just an alternate syntax for a subset of JS, which you can nest infinitely and move in and out of. There is no need to worry about plain-text, and you pretty much never need to deal with unsafe raw HTML, nevertheless, anything can pass anything to anything.

This is very much unlike the old jQuery-days, where each library had to be extremely careful about what it did and did not support, and how you were supposed to use it.

>redpill me on x
go back to Jow Forums

this. same reason plumbers still solder joints.

dunno, people have stuck to react since 2013, it's been 6 years now and it doesn't look like it's going away any time soon

The thread is having a genuine, on-topic discussion and all you can think of is this pile of dogshit of a post.
Kill yourself.

the rest of the thread posts clearly weren't made by OP, who started with least quality kind of post possible
go suck someone else's balls

Until it can run things like Fallout 3 and the various Jade Dynasty privaye serverd, there is no point to ReactOS

WebAssembly support when?

Javascript is better than Haskell.

Then the thread would reflect the quality of the post. The thread is normal and you decided to sperg because you saw rhetoric that you thought was unique to another board because you're retarded and new. Your post was the worst in this thread. Now take my advice.

derp

How about you upgrade that pentium 4 user? Works well on my i7 8700k

check out svelte

>templates

Attached: file.png (300x258, 67K)

>Then the thread would reflect the quality of the post.
False.The thread doesn't always reflect the quality of the OP (which is extremely low in this case).
>you saw rhetoric that you thought was unique to another board
"redpill me on x" is literally stuff from Jow Forumsfags/The_Donald. To call anyone who points that out a "newfag" is extremely dishonest.
Fuck off to your containment board.

>False.
Yikes, the onions on this one. No it doesn't, but it usually does. So I'm not sure what point you're making.
Also you're literally the second person to get butthurt about the meme and point it out. And you want anons to go where they can't see them so you can't get so asshurt anymore.
>lacking this much self-awareness
I think we both know who should fuck off.