Why are there no good free open-source alternatives for photoshop and excel?

why are there no good free open-source alternatives for photoshop and excel?

Attached: C3446E33-A8D6-472C-ADF4-C86E1967D845.jpg (1808x2843, 2.96M)

Other urls found in this thread:

logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

god i wish that were me

me

wrong that’s my gf

good software requires many people working closely together doing boring shit that they'll never use personally
it's the anti-thesis of foss

mine now

libreoffice

god she's such a qt

Gimp

thanks

Stop larping as my gf

Exactly this. Gimp and libre are Ok, but just do not have the feature that photoshop does. It would be nice if more effort was put into certain free softwares, but money talks.

how could my wife be your gf
doesn't make sense

Anyone got the photoshop hookup?

Because there is no point in making an open source alternative to Photoshop when Photoshop already exists. Creating an open source Photoshop alternative would just be creating it for the sake of making an open source Photoshop. It would be nice if there was something on the same caliber of Photoshop that was open source so that everyone could contribute to it and port it to other OSes easier and fork it and all that other amazing shit, but the fact is that no average person cares enough. GIMP exists but that server it own purpose, and Pinta just fails to even have the simplest shit like rotating and resizing an image with handle bars. People using Linux distributions probably don't care enough either as they probably just pirate a portable version of Photoshop and run it with Wine.

Attached: 1547222387797.png (2560x1440, 2.37M)

Give me a case where you could use photoshop, but would not be able to use gimp.

I'm your gf

professional graphics design

gimp, krita, libreoffice, kdenlive

OP, you realize Adobe doesn't give a shit if you pirate for individual use, right? Just don't go for the CC nonsense.

cute

Attached: 9DFB4E9A-DD39-4A5B-8434-DF0BF697451D.png (836x1180, 1.47M)

Try drawing a rectangle in gimp

>why dont they give away quality shit for free and instead they want cash.
gee, i wonder about it too...

Attached: 1530458665821.gif (320x240, 1.99M)

Speaking of adobe does anyone know where I can get a safe version of premiere, that's not from adobe?

Attached: __tanaka_mamimi_idolmaster_shiny_colors_and_etc_drawn_by_zen__17942beb48503259d50e9a6db09f3e74.jpg (600x840, 85K)

Who’s this adorable little semen demon

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 283K)

>tfw you will never be a qt purple hair anime girl
for a split second I could understand why trannies exist, even though its not the same as being XX chromosome

Painted nail whore

>tanaka_mamimi

why is purple hair best hair?

Attached: __toujou_nozomi_love_live_and_love_live_school_idol_project_drawn_by_kurokawa_makoto__sample-7051399 (850x833, 120K)

>sample

Attached: Do1M0t3V4AIar3f.jpg:large.jpg (1330x1304, 198K)

Engginers cant into ui design

PaintDotNet is the shit, I just wish the magic wand was as good as photoshop's selector tool.

>excel
learn Awk

actually learn python + pandas
its what chad finance engineers use

Krita and libreoffice. Both keep getting better day by day.

I mean, you can always pirate it

Draw a circle without knowing python.

>without knowing python.
moderate kek

this is my favorite idoru, cute lips and genki body

most software is not inherently "good" but it has been used for so many years that is a standard by itself. Try to tell an accountant or a planner to not use Microsoft Excel they will tell you to fuck off.

now I remember her, there is a fanart of her being fucked and having a poker face the whole time. The guy is using a condom and she is just using her phone.

based

softmaker free office is a great alternative for ms word and excel.
Not open source tho.

new Idolm@ster girl, she's some kind of alt-goth-emo-whatever enjo kosai slut. Mano is cuter anyways.

Attached: 3777bc6343135f5492184a214ebc7336.png (1316x2125, 2.16M)

>t. EOP who doesn't play the game

Attached: Untitled.png (640x400, 9K)

I play the PS3 and Ps4 games with the OG girls

What's wrong with libreoffice?

bloat, and slow to open
it is unfortunate that it is the best libre text editing software around, barring groff/troff (latex is absolutely harmful cancer that should be avoided at all cost)

t. created in photoshop

She is a lazy girl who hate difficult things and don't show any interest about idol activities.
Anzu Futuba but done right. (she is not an one dimensional character)

tutorial on how to make this?

This PS has that I hate that GIMP lacks

Brush selection mode(masking is meh)
spot healing brush
Object removal+background auto solver
onion skinning for animation
resizeable preview for animations

Not sure if even PS has this one, but it's in video editing software and I would love to see it in gimp:
animation timeline with key frame support

Attached: 1540840297160.jpg.jpg (650x758, 91K)

Fucking auto correct:
Things that PS has that I hate not having in GIMP

Attached: 2018-12-09 22 55 461544392706132.jpg (457x439, 35K)

>spot healing brush
>Object removal+background auto solver
gimp has had a plugin for this well before photoshop did

I'm 10cm taller than that purple hair girl but the same weight. mmm

Can you link that? Would be really useful desu

Attached: 1542918873917.gif.gif (728x720, 550K)

logarithmic.net/pfh/resynthesizer
you can find it in some repos, pretty sure it runs on windows, but i'm not familiar with setting it up in windows

GIMP & SC-IM
If you cannot do MORE with these two then with photoshop and excel then you are a brainlet and should just leave Jow Forums and go back to IDK or plebbit or somthing.

post feet

I know this is gonna be a shitty excuse, but the difference is because it's commercial and open source, of course commercial products can have certain advantages over foss software, and vice versa