Welcome to the botnet

Welcome to the botnet.

Attached: telemetry.png (822x603, 95K)

>do not send
>still in the botnet

Let's be real. All proprietary software is a botnet.

>asks nicely
>lets you see what exactly is being sent
>leaves you alone
Good, now let's review what Windows 10 does
>fuck off goy, i'm getting that data you like it or not
Yikes.... this thread was made by a seething wintoddler....

If you don't like Microsoft taking your data, just don't use their services. It ain't rocket science.

>refuse to allow programmatic feedback
>WHY DOES MY SOFTWARE RUN LIKE SHIT?
People like you are why everything's moving to web-based. You don't have to ask permission from paranoid schitzos to get feedback on how your software is performing.

>ask permission
And why is that a bad thing that should be avoided?

This isn't an issue on KDE.

Some people like being dominated, physically. Others, digitally.

Just remove all that shit.
Ubuntu is fine.
/thread

oh geez, you're right! ubuntu is the only linux distribution! how could I have not seen this!

Ubuntu
>Hey, if you want, you could send us some anonymous data on your machine's performance to help us improve, but if not, it's totally cool and we understand!

You *autisticly screeching*
>Ubuntu is literally botnet this is why I compile all my software

>write a program that echo's the current date
>compile and publish binary
>keep source code out of public domain
>it is therefore called botnet by Jow Forumstards
Please remove yourself from this board, retards

>public domain
You are the real retard. Get out migrant.

all the ubuntu flavors are guilty of this.
even lxqt.
if you want to exit the *buntu botnet, use kde neon or linux mint

source? I couldn't find the ubuntu-report package on xubuntu

mate has always done that shit.
also mate runs like shit
use kubuntu or xubuntu

>"It's a graphic of a bunch of computers linked together"

>"botnet confirmed"

Why not just use Debian?

i havent tested xubuntu, but i have heard that it pales to something like mx-linux and is generally not reccomended, being low priority for its own maintainers, and full of prepackaged bloat.
ubuntu's packages by default are more up to date, have more frequent security and bugfix updates, and the reassurance of professional, corporate backed QA.
because it is a popular distro, most developers target it, and most questions on linux support forums relate to it, which is vital for ease of use and quality of life.
if you tried using debian as a base, you would have people flame you for using a "Frankendebian" and refuse to help you out if you asked for help in a forum.
the only difference is the feeling of elitism when the logo shows up in your neofetch.

Ubuntu doesn't respect your freedoms. Debian does.

Bullshit. Mate is fine. Kde is trash. Xfce is ok.

telemetry isn't bad if it's opensource

>ubuntu's packages by default are more up to date, have more frequent security and bugfix updates
wrong.
only the main repo is maintained by ubuntu.
this gives you a bad sense of being up to date.
the main repo is nothing compared to the debian one, which actually gets security upgrades in all packages.
There's pair none a distro with more maintained software than debian.
Ubuntu just has reputation when in reality it's not that well maintained outside of main.
I personally use fedora since rpmfusion is well maintained, at the very least upgraded every 6 months, none of those are critical system packages though.
unironically this, you can check out the information you give is actually anonymous.
Or I just submit reports myself.

How else are we supposed to improve our program, you fucking moron. It's not like you're going to send an email or join other community forums and we're not going to set up a Twitter for "customer service"