>2019
>doesn't have fucking usefull gui for linux
>all GUI are outdated or unsupported

Attached: FFmpeg_Logo_new.svg.png (1280x343, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paste.ofcode.org/yhApKHfBWgbpYD8pvCQnz9
github.com/WinFF/winff/issues/242
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

the beauty of ffmpeg is that its a console command that can be easily used in shell scripting
Also fuck off gui faggot, if you can't bother with using console commands as simple as fucking ffmpeg you should go back and not use linux. Learn to use a goddamn terminal and read the manual you goddamn toddler. Life is tough and no one is going to hold your hands through it, you should expect the same in your software. If you continue being such a pussy you are going to suffer through life.

how gay and retarded are u that u need a gui for ffmpeg holy shit lmao laugh at this nerd

A ffmpeg gui would be either too specialized (webm4retards, handbrake), or an absolute spaghetti like blender. Copypasting commands already gets you 80% functionality.

StaxRip on windows, kdenlive on linux (not ffmpeg but even better MELT).

No gui would be able to fully utulise ffmpeg, its not just a video format converter. You can use it for recording your screen and all sorts of devices since everything is a file on linux including the devices, you can pipe them into ffmpeg to get a video file out of hardware

>all GUI are outdated or unsupported
dumb NIGGER

ffmpeg become unusable with a GUI

StaxRip is a dumpster fire.

the only usable GUI is Handbrake, and HandbrakeCLI is a good hybrid since you can work with the presets made on the GUI.

>GUI
Gay.

>2019
>using GUIs
I seriously hope you don't do this

Attached: fat_frog.png (789x750, 18K)

How the fuck would you even write a gui for Ffmpeg? Just a square with 40000 checkboxes and a dozen or so drop down menus with 20-50 options in each one?

Is this the future you want

Attached: bulk-rename-utility.png (818x560, 22K)

I'm trying to make a webm from pic related using a different font for the subs with -vf "subtitles=filename.ass:force_style='FontName=fontname.ttf'" but it always ends up coming with the same regular sub, is it because of the attachments?

Attached: 1552477790979.png (630x542, 20K)

>I bought a big boy bicycle but all training wheels are too small or unsupported

with all the features/possibilities ffmpeg has, you will need a GIMP-tier UI in order to implement everything

Attached: 1556302691513.jpg (600x941, 145K)

Yes.
WinfFF, Avanti, Axiom. All for Windows, I'm afraid.

To be fair, ffmpeg is a huge collection of tools with thousands of possible options and they don't make things easier by obfuscating default values, having several options do the same thing (due to legacy naming conventions) and generally offering outdated or lacking documentation for some of their tools.

>StaxRip on windows
That's a weird way to spell XMedia Recode.

You can write your own in a weekend. Just make a GUI that sends ffmpeg an argument string, then over time add more options you need.

why would you want a gui? LOL

handbrake doesn't use ffmpeg

Handbrake is a competitor to ffmpeg, it does the same algorithms sometimes better sometimes worse. It has a GUI and better defaults, and it also has a powerful CLI. It doesn't use ffmpeg

THIS IS NOT A GUI but it is easier to use than one.

paste.ofcode.org/yhApKHfBWgbpYD8pvCQnz9
(tutorial in pic related)
Enjoy, retard

Attached: 1541267539957.png (1889x338, 68K)

>muhhh CLI
Fuck you, clifaggot!

>GUI

>HandBrake is available forLinux, MacOS and Windows. It uses third-party libraries such as FFmpeg, libvpx, and x265
wew lad

You're only partially right, as Handbrake is indeed not just a mere GUI for the ffmpeg executable, but nevertheless links statically to a patched version of the libavcodec and libavformat libraries for decoding and encoding in some formats (AVC and HEVC encoding is handed off directly to the respective software or hardware encoding libraries, but e.g. VP8/VP9 is not).

WinFF Will do the trick and it's perfect. Doesn't need futher development.

There is WinFF for Linux.

>Winff is a frontend for FFMPEG that runs on Windows XP to Windows 10 and Linux

>using insecure software
github.com/WinFF/winff/issues/242

>I don't use WinFF
gottem

it's not meant for that.
read the .ass file. whatever is written there is used by ffmpeg. change value there.

>read the .ass file. whatever is written there is used by ffmpeg. change value there.
Thank you, that did the trick.

Attached: 1544960654697.png (850x1043, 910K)

>Life is tough
Computers were made to make life easier. Any software that does not is by default obsolete.

cli is as close to a clit as you're gonna get

That's irrelevant. Whatever you do, whoever you are, you will always end up with a top 3 or top 5 commands you use a program with/for on CLI. You can shift that subset into a GUI.

>no gui
There are several ones for linux even
As for the "outdated" you just need to updated ffmpeg.

ffmpeg makes my life easier though.

Same here with mkvtoolnix, only I use the drag n drop GUI. Easier when all the commands are right there on the screen for a single click.

mkvtoolnix is quite nice. I'm also quite fond of their CLI tools though.