What are useful keyboard shortcuts ?

What are useful keyboard shortcuts ?

windows key + shift + left/right can move selected windows between multiple monitors

Ctrl + Pageup / Pagedown allows you to scroll through tabs in a web browser

Attached: ciggy.jpg (580x580, 38K)

Ctrl+Shift+Esc instead of CTrl+Alt+Del

>le depressed cat maymay
filtered

useful, thanks

windows key + shift + s activates the new snipping tool mode

A lot of people don't seem to know that del is a reverse backspace

In that same vein, most keyboards have a little document icon to the right of the space bar, opens the context menu which is way more convenient then a mouse when typing

ctrl + left/right allows you to move your cursor through text one word at a time rather than character by character

shift + up/down lets you highlight any text below or above the cursor is sitting , line by line. Also, if you hold shift+ctrl, you can select individual words or things that are in between spaces or special characters . Really useful in a text editor.

beat me too it

Attached: shortcut.webm (1280x800, 730K)

Bro wtf that just changed my life the last one

Amazed alt+d in a browser or explorer windows hasn't been mentioned

Jumps to URL bar

That's pretty neat

Ctrl + shift + t

brings back the last tab you closed in a web browser.

Attached: 1554947754136.gif (400x400, 673K)

Fucking hell this thread. The state of neo/g/

You say that but even you didn't know these things at one point in your life. You have to learn it somewhere and it's not like people seek out a list of "top most convenient keyboard shortcuts"

Middle click links to open them in a new tab.
Middle click anywhere on the tab to close it.
Shake any window with your mouse to minimize all other windows, do so again to restore them.

>Shake any window with your mouse to minimize all other windows, do so again to restore them.

what a bizarre fucking feature

In the terminal:

CTRL+l
CTRL+e
CTRL+a
CTRL+k
CTRL+d
CTRL+w

try it out with a text.

And if for some reason you're not using a full keyboard, shift+F10.

this.
Also trust WinFags to not know basic keybinds

neat !

How did you learn basic keybinds

A combination of trying things based on sensible mnemonics, reading the documentation and the occasional accidental discovery.

You seem like a reasonable person, why do you look down upon this thread

Given a context or toolbar menu, alt + underlined letter will select that menu option.

Shift + movement command will select text. ctrl + l/r arrow will jump by word; ctrl + u/d arrow will jump by paragraph in a word processor.

Super key + arrows will resize a window.

I prefer ctrl + L

I searched up multiple lists of "top most convenient keyboard shortcuts"

I suppose it's because I didn't expect it to become a basic Ctrl-C/Ctrl-V starterpack thread. I figured more obscure binds would be mentioned like how Ctrl-Shift-T in a new Chrome window restores all previous tabs from the last session. Or, how holding Alt lets you quickly navigate most graphical menus when no binds are available.

Maybe it is me tho

>Tab

Thanks for your input friends.

ctrl shift tab & ctrl tab allow you to move between browser tabs, what the fuck is page up page down

ctrl t new tab
ctrl w close tab
ctrl shift t open old closed tab
ctrl L go to URL bar

yep it's pretty fucking sad
probably the only post with someone who actually uses good binds

Hold alt
>double click a window maximises/un-maxes it
>drag a window with left click moves it around
>drag a window with right click resizes it

Win + X opens power user menu
Ctrl + Shift + N crates a new folder
Win + E opens a new explorer window
F2 on selected file allows rename without having to fuck around trying to click the filename

>F2 on selected file allows rename without having to fuck around trying to click the filename

thanks friend

>opens the context menu which is way more convenient then a mouse when typing
Why would I need the context menu? I already have shortcuts for copy, cut, paste, undo, select all, delete, everything. Nothing useful in the context menu.

ctrl+shift+up

Attached: killua.png (894x894, 231K)

>ctrl shift tab & ctrl tab allow you to move between browser tabs, what the fuck is page up page down
some browsers have started memeing that control-tab changes in "last viewed order" or some shit, whereas control-pgdn goes through them in order

read the first thing under "tabs"

Attached: 1548906772904.png (761x472, 41K)

end+yourself

God I wish

What is your favorite crayola crayon ?

yeah i know but thanks for the screenshot. it can still be good to know. do you change the settings for friends/colleagues etc? probably better to just use the other keybinding

I don't know I'm colourblind

oranges have the best taste

Ctrl+Insert copies text
Shift+Insert pastes text
That way you can use system clipboard in Vim easier

Oh, forgot to mention. It works both on Windows and Linux with Xorg but it doesn't work on Wayland.

Win + D shows the desktop. Do it again and it reverses.
Win + L locks your computer. Handy if get up a lot.
CTRL + ALT + arrow keys changes the screen orientation with Intel iGPUs.