What's a good Linux distro for a lifelong WinFag Jow Forums?

What's a good Linux distro for a lifelong WinFag Jow Forums?

Attached: linux-tux-penguin-tie_0859ee87-bafa-4891-a436-8b62ebc5406e.jpg (680x960, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCGfFKybUN-L75b-3lvecaXQ
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

arch

Debian with Xfce

Unironically Linux Mint, not because it's in any way good but because it's the best Ubuntu based distro, which basically every guide is written for

ReactOS

I want to give that penguin a hug

Android x86
ChromiumOS
Clear Linux* OS

the thing that's supported best
(bubuntu)

Zorin OS

I went from windows to ubuntu and it's alright.

HA

Windows.

Seriously. You'll probably like Linux for a couple weeks, maybe then a couple months, but then the cracks will start to show. That's if you're lucky and all of your hardware is compatible with Linux and it installed flawlessly. You'll start to notice why Linux has a smaller market share than even macOS despite Linux being gratis AND libre.

this.

install gentoo

What a conveniently vague post

Kubuntu
/thread

Whonix

LinuxMint;
Debian stable with Cinnamon;
Fedora with Cinnamon.

Don't forget to install menulibre

Attached: IMG-20190509-WA0009.jpg (640x480, 18K)

hello my subversive kippah wearing friend

LTSC

OpenSuse KDE. If you're migrating from Windows, you're used to a lot of features, KDE has a plethora of cool features. Opensuse (tumbleweed) ensures that you get up to date packages and has the best KDE experience.

t. kde arch user.

Anything except the GNOME-based distros. Most of the desktop environments are pretty orthodox and straightforward for Windows-socialized users, except that monstrosity.

Linux Mint is great

Have debian with hust the command line on one hard drive with windows on another. Slowly build your dotfiles and learn about configuration while slowly transitioning to Linux only system. Thats what I did and I won't ever go back.

Attached: 1555329175706.jpg (1356x1187, 151K)

Manjaro, XFCE or KDE. It's Arch-based but packages aren't as bleeding edge as in Arch, with exception of critical security. Why?

0. Arch with GUI-installer, the very point of installing Arch, was at least for me to learn about Linux. But assuming you'd just want to start using Linux with the leanest distro there is beneath, say maybe to do gaming with Lutris ( + Wine Staging + DXVK) or just to use the very latest software ranging from office to graphics to pretty much everything, Manjaro it is.

youtube.com/channel/UCGfFKybUN-L75b-3lvecaXQ

1. It's a rolling release, so you only need to install it once, and from there, it will be always up to date. Debian whatnot periodic release-distros stagger behind with all the software, kernel versions. Unless you are aiming for running superstable server, just forget nonrolling distros completely.

2. AUR, as in Arch User Repository, if the software, game you are looking for is not in the Arch/Manjaro main repositories, it most likely is within AUR.

3. Pacman, and efficient syntaxes.
$ sudo pacman -Syu
$ sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get upgrade
3.1 Ok, as I'm not that well versed with other distros, for comparison: wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Pacman/Rosetta

Debian with Xfce, nothing else comes close.

I tried installing steam on debian, i fucked up big time, then somehow i couldnt download packages after that
I have used other debian based such as ubuntu and mint with no problems with anything. I would say its better to use linux mint as a windows user

If you're a newbie/just entering in Linux yeah I'd recommend Mint over Debian. Once you're familiar with it you'll realize half the shit mint has is bloated(because it needs to be to help windows user getting to Linux) and so is Ubuntu and you'll jump to Debian. Or you can just stay, really.

i've just reached this stage on xubuntu but i'm deciding between arch and gentoo

Ubuntu Mint.

Don't fall for the Arch memes.

Debian with KDE is fine too.

Debian with TDE

>What's a good Linux distro for a lifelong WinFag Jow Forums?

Attached: 1536120654540.png (500x480, 166K)