1366x768

You can shit on this screen resolution all you want but, for me, it's comfy as fuck.

On higher resolution screens, everything is fucking tiny. I hate it. And no, I don't have poor eyesight, I am just not a fucking gnome.

I used a 11-inch, 1366x768 screen once, and I found everything so tiny that it was unusable.

14' 1366x768: BASED AND REDPILLED

Attached: 1557413108649.png (400x295, 76K)

I'm about to upgrade to a 1080p

I need more room

It's what I am using right now.
It is the working man's resolution for a smaller laptop. Good enough too run spreasheets and other office stuff.

office man's true laptop, nothing wrong with it.

>Not using a 27" 2560x1440 color-calibrated Photographer's Monitor with Eye-Care

OK, now THAT is what I call cringe.

no, fuck you it is miserable, and im not talking about the vertical pixels cause 1024x768 is comfy as fuck
the problem is the ratio (which would be tolerable if portrait was the default standard - even if personally i feel that it would be uncomfortably narrow even in that position)
the ideal ratio is 1.4:1, but failing that both 3:2 and 4:3 are preferable in a pinch

Attached: Field_of_view.svg.png (220x141, 31K)

just bought a laptop last year in 768...works fine.
desktop monitor is 768. a gtx960 can still play literally everything.
works fine for me i dont know why people give a shit, increased resolution is wasted resources. nobody can tell much if any difference past 1080p anyway

human vision requires vertical pixels

Attached: FOV.jpg (450x320, 107K)

>what is scaling

>14' 1366x768
i've got a 15" and it's a Beauty

Attached: Screenshot (126).png (1366x768, 610K)

get some glasses then old man. sorry everything has to be fucking 2dpi for you to see it

god i fucking hate boomers, stop buying decade old thinkpads

Dude I am used to 1080p and that is already too small. I manually scale resolution to the double of it and even though my monitor doesn't support it it works fine. Say thanks X.

1200x800 thinkpad reporting in, fuck your shitty meme resolution.

just scale

Nothing wrong with small res on small old laptops.

Attached: 2019-05-10-190801_1024x600_scrot.png (1024x600, 129K)

15.6” 1366x768 is pretty standard, and for good reason. Its a good resolution for the screen size.

I’ve got a fucking 16” 1366x768 omfg it’s awful. Also got the absolutely worst fucking panel I’ve ever come across. Literally impossible to have uniform brightness contrast or color across the whole thing regardless of the angle.

Thanks Toshiba you fucking slants.

Just replace it with a pin compatible panel from a dell or lenovo.

Toshiba was bargain laptop, get what you pay for.

No it’s “standard” because it’s the cheapest shit around and for some reason retards tolerate it.

No reason to upgrade it’s just and old laptop I have lying around and I generally use an external monitor with it but damn what a fucking abhorrent screen.

It’s actually kind of amazon though I have an old 13” mbp with a 1280x800 panel and yet it somehow looks absolutely amazing in comparison even though it’s also a tn panel. And just something about those last 32 vertical pixels makes a huge difference. Like windows barely fit on the toshiba screen but I’ve got plenty of room on the MacBook. Though at the same time my 30” 2560x1600 monitor is starting to somehow feel cramped lol.

It not the last 32 pixels, its just that apple has better quality control than toshiba.

A good low res monitor still looks better than a crappy high res one. People forget that.

netbooks were a mistake
does androidx86 work on atoms?
i get the feeling that single tasking and aggressive shredding of backround apps is good for shitty hardware

forgot to add, the keyboards were often the shittiest thing about them, fucking hell it was a pain when they got rid of function keys and buried them under nonstandard multiple key combos on that microscopic, crunched, uncomfortable, no keytravel, poor quality chink keyboard, or worse didnt replace funtion keys at all.
fml i hate that i ever fell for the meme.
anyways, i imagine it would be comfy to use with honeycomb or ics, with a separate usb keyboard and mouse, it might actually be usable.