>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega / - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>Radeon VII or 2070 Overclocked - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

Prev

Attached: effect of memory timings.png (1258x1307, 245K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/tQmjdX
pcpartpicker.com/list/GnYBkd
pcpartpicker.com/list/zvT7QZ
youtu.be/e-m0oNjV79k?t=202
overclockers.co.uk/team-group-xtreem-8pack-edition-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-pc4-36000c18-4500mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-09a-tg.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

a friend of mine bought a pc years ago
8350 (undervolted and being 150mhz lower)
asrock 970m
16gigs of memory
and a fucking radeon 250
550 enermax psu (old but all things considering it is still working like a charm since it never even passed 30% of its utilization)
what kind of todays era gpu can i buy to her as a present to compliment the cpu she has?
i know that no matter what i buy to her it wont even be able to choke the pci 2.0 (since they dont even come close to choke the pcie 3.0)
i was thinking a 560 or a 570 pulse 8gb to give her a good 5 years more of gaming with medium to high settings)

>now he's shilling the 9900k housefire
Do you want Intel sales to plummet even harder or what?

is OCing CL16 3000 Mhz ram to 3466 at 16-18-18-36 with 1.35v stable meh or good?

RX VEGA 56 ~300$
R2600X - 160$
AdataSU800 1TB - 81$
Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB -90$

Best of 10.5.2019

Attached: 1557139580139.jpg (819x1024, 71K)

This is without tweaking the timings or voltage at 3466

>letting the idiotic AMD shill make the new thread
Cmon guys, you gotta be more alert.

Will be fixed next thread, as usual.

>ryzen prices keep dropping
2700 is $194. If the 2700x ever gets to that point I might stop waiting for zen2.

Well the 9700k gets worse frametimes than the 2700X in some cases. So I had to remove that recommendation. Why should someone pay more for a worse CPU?
9900k is a housefire but it does perform a bit better.

4 threads isn't enough now days (nor years ago) to maintain 60fps stable. Will get stutters. But yes, the RX570.

It's ok considering you didn't have to raise voltage, assuming it's actually tested stable.

2700X is $290 and comes with a 120Gb 3D NAND SSD, and 2 games worth about $45-$55 total.
That's effectively $200-210 if you count the incentives value.

If 2600X/2700X meets your needs, now is a good time to buy it instead of waiting.

Attached: please buy our stuttering CPUs.png (1066x686, 263K)

>4 threads isn't enough now days (nor years ago) to maintain 60fps stable. Will get stutters. But yes, the RX570.

8350 is a 8c physical only it doesnt have threads user

real AMD fan never stops waiting
posting from my athlon x3 and 4670HD
waiting for 5nm analthlon + ps6 vcard ;>

Attached: 262.jpg (800x600, 55K)

>It's ok considering you didn't have to raise voltage, assuming it's actually tested stable.

yeah it's stable. Just wondering is the ideal timing tweaking for 3200 if i were to do it is to bump it down to CL14?

Oh bulldozer. lmao. I thought you mean the i3-8350k.
8350 will bottleneck the RX570 quite often, but at least it won't stutter so much. RX570 is the best value GPU, anyway, so may as well go with it.
>it doesn't have threads
Yes it does. It has 8 of them.

Try the Ryzen memory calculator, though it doesn't work for all die types.
True latency is the main thing that matters. Then subtimings. Then frequency.

well considering ryzen and vishera share the same frontend it got a small boost nothing serious but ok

i mean for 1080p and mayyyyyyybe few games on source at 1440p 570 is ok since everything will run undervolted to hell and back

hey guys im kinda new to all this. can i build a nice pc for $500-$600? (USA)

i dont play too much vidya, though it would be nice to have the option of playing something recent if i were interested. mostly all i do is watch anime and lurk Jow Forums. i'd just want a pc that's fast and quiet.

>>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.
So what about RTX 2080 vs RTX 2080 Ti, for 4k gaming?

>70896811
Yes, we must shill harder for our corrupt piece of shit company and their garbage pozzed housefire products

No (You) from me

Rtx 2080 or Radeon VII for ultra settings 60fps. Rtx 2080ti for ultra settings at 70-80fps, but is 50+% more expensive.

I have a Radeon VII and it gets me solid 60fps in Witcher 3 ultra no problem, but with 7+ GB of vram usage (see pic). I would not recommend the 2080 for this reason alone, the VRAM is not sufficient (1080Ti from 3 years ago had 11GB). Get a used 1080Ti/Radeon VII for a cheaper build, or a 2080Ti.

Attached: IMG-20190507-WA0004.jpg (4032x2268, 1.17M)

Ya for $600 you can make a nice 2400G PC. Might even be able to fit in a 2TB SSD.

Why would you consider 2080 for 4k when Radeon VII exists? Many games use at least 7 or 8Gb with 4K.
2080Ti can run a good deal of games at 4K@60, but it's very expensive.
To run 4K the best strategy is to temper your expectations and turn down settings with RVII, or wait for more powerful GPUs.
Why didn't you take an actual screenshot?

so my friend wants a rig to do video editing since he's an amateur filmmaker. He knows nothing about computers (thinks ram is the only thing that matters) but I was able to stop him from buying a shitty pre-built that had nothing in it off amazon. I tired to get him up to the $600 price range to build him something with a decent cpu and graphics card, but he said his absolute limit is $300.

So my question is what's the best way to go about this? Do i buy everything except the cpu as cheeply as possible, or do I buy a used machine and try to stick something decent in that? If I built it from scratch I probably wouldn't even be able to afford a non ancient gpu.

Attached: ------------------------------------.jpg (270x400, 104K)

is 2400g better than 1600? they're both the same price right now.

also could you review this:
pcpartpicker.com/list/tQmjdX

I really have no idea what I'm doing. I just picked what the OP said along with whatever had a lot of reviews. it's exactly $600 though. I don't know what brands to avoid though so someone else double-checking this would be appreciated. Are PowerColor gpu's quiet?

this but with RX 580 - $170 instead of vega 56 tho id give 100$ more

No but it has a good iGPU so it's cheap as shit.
Saves a lot of money on GPU so you can spend for a better SSD, cooler, case, etc.

eerr a $300 PC to do video editing? idk. a used 4th gen i7 optiplex+rx570 I guess?

What is the rule of thumb for PSUs? How much more wattage should I have compared to what my PC is drawing?

Okay, so if I get the 2400g I won't need to get a GPU at all? I assume, if I wanted to later on down the line, I could then get a GPU and add it to the build whenever?

what can an iGPU play?

Believe me, I've tried to convince him he needs something more, but he's as suborn as a rock. Like he's really really computer illiterate.

Yes.
Yes.

Check youtube for 2400G overclocked tests. There's literally people who have played over 100 games each on it to show how it performs in them and what settings are required to play at 30 or 60fps.

Okay well what I said to be would be passable, just really not great. Better than buying a new $300 piece of shit would be.
Dell had a 2700+RX580 desktop new for sale for $600 the other day. Normally $650 or something. That'd actually be a good prebuilt for him.

About 50% more to account for spiking powerdraws.

He wouldn't understand the value of that. All those words you just said would mean nothing to him even if I sat him down for hours explaining it. But I think the optiplex+rx570 is probably the right path to go down.

gotcha. what's the recommended motherboard for budget builds?

pcpartpicker.com/list/GnYBkd

Okay here's my updated list. 2600x with a 570 and it's $602.

B450m-pro TUF should be good.
Rakutan might still have the 2TB SU800 for $181.
You only need around 175W PSU at most, but ~400W would give you more room for a GPU upgrade down the line.
May as well go with 2x8Gb of RAM since it's in your budget and will make things more comfortable. Get 3200CL16 at least.
Q300L, Thermaltake G3, are some small-ish case options.
This should come in around your $600 and be a solid foundation to upgrade in the future if you chose to.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/GnYBkd
>Okay here's my updated list. 2600x with a 570 and it's $602.
Don't use Gigabyte AM4 boards. Use literally anything else. But ideally at least something like the B450 Gaming Plus which I think is around $80.
Don't use CXM PSU. It's cheap and on sale all the time because they fail a lot yet people keep buying them anyway.
Rest is fine.

pcpartpicker.com/list/zvT7QZ

Is MSI a good brand? Also the PSU is hard to pick, the CXM is only one with a ton of reviews which is generally what I look for. This one has 5 stars on pcpartpicker.

Not him but don't ever cheap out on a PSU. And yes MSI is fine.

>be me
>always recommending R7 265 as a cheapshit used GPU for years. Better than a 750Ti yet cheaper, I'm pretty sure.
>it actually is THE BEST performance for the dollar
based

People blindly overvalue Ti cards on the used market holy shit.
For the $25 you save you can just get a power supply instead of overpaying that bad fora 750Ti. People are fucking dumb.

Also hilarious is that people will pay more for a used Fury X or GTX 980 than the 590 costs new (if you count the games discount as a rebate) despite the 590 being just plain better, not suffering from the 4Gb of VRAM, and using less power.
People also paying as much used for the 280X as an RX570 costs despite the 570 being better and using less power?

It's amazing how absolute retardation runs the used market and in how many cases people will pay more for used than new costs here. It actually looks to be more common that people overpay for used than get a good deal (like the R7 265 is)

>pcpartpicker.com/list/zvT7QZ
>Is MSI a good brand?
MSI makes great 400 series AM4 boards.

>Also the PSU is hard to pick
The EVGA BR is so-so.
SeaSonic M12II 520 Bronze is a good one except for the fucking fan. But I mean fans can technically be replaced with some technical non-retardation. It's at least better than the BR. Go with that.

Attached: used cards.png (3946x5677, 3.54M)

Guise, need some help pls.

My mobo is dead. All the other components are fine (or at least I hope they are) which include:
>Intel i7 (third gen)
>GeForce 1050
>12 GB of DDR3 RAM
>1 TB HDD
>a big case
The thing is all the motherboards that support my CPU are either used or lack ports. New motherboards would require me to change CPU and/or RAM and I don't have that much money right now.

What do?

Attached: HelpNotFound.png (149x35, 313)

What do you guys think about Engineer Samples of cpu? i was looking into "Intel Core i7-6700 ES QHQJ 1.6GHz 4C LGA1151 Q0 14nm" on ebay for like $100.

Good if it's really stable.
memtest86 or running games isn't a valid stability test.

>1.6GHz
That's what.

What are currently the strongest SBCs?

Buy used? Shouldn't be a problem. How'd you kill it anyways?

Try aliexpress. They tend to have a better selection of old boards.

>1.6GHz
jesus a $50 Athlon 200GE might be faster overall than that.

Alright, cool. Thank you.

final question, would it be fine doing a 2400g+rx570 instead of the 2600x+rx570?

a google search showed the 2400g/570 combo doing just fine in modern games, and like i said i don't really play games that much but would just like the option. it would save a nice $40.

>i7-6700
Based on chess benchmarks (Stockfish) the 6700 (1.6 Ghz) is 11-12% faster than the 200GE.
Note that Stockfish utilizes multi-threading extremely well. So the 200GE would have a big advantage in single/dual threaded applications.

R5 1600 (or regular 2600) + rx570 would probably be a better deal.
But the r5 series doesn't have an iGPU/APU so if your GPU would die, it would mean no screen. And you'd either need a spare GPU or a new one.
With the 2400G, if your GPU would die you can still hook your monitor to the motherboard.

1600 for better price/performance, 2600 for performance, 2400G if you want redundancy.

2400G isn't going to bottleneck the RX570, no.
But the 2600X is only a little more money for something that would last you through a future GPU upgrade better without needing to replace the CPU as soon. It'll also handle running more shit in the background better.

Also are you not US? In the US we have the 2600X for $160 with $45-$55 of games included that you can potentially resell though it's a bit of a hassle to.

I got the Sapphire Nitro+ Vega 64.
Can I skate by with the 2600x or is the 2700x more suitable? Money isn't the problem, I'm thinking of a possible future upgrade and maybe already investing in a better CPU. (And I currently play a lot of cpu-dependant games) Please note that I don't have either yet, my current is an Intel from the Q9 series I believe.

Oops, didn't mean to reply to you.

What's the max I should turn up the voltage to on a 2700x when overclocking? Is there a point I shouldn't pass or just keep going until the temps get too hot?

At 1440p? 2600X with b-die would be fine in pretty much all cases. At least that I'm aware of. And you'd have the good RAM to keep up with a future upgrade.
Not a lot of games are really fully utilizing 8c/16t right now.
At 1080p to drive a bit higher frames, I'd get the 2700X to be sure.

You have a 2700X.
Just enable PBO instead of wasting 3 hours to try to make an OC better than PBO which isn't.
After PBO, you could play with a negative voltage offset to get better results if you won the silicon lottery. And/or a BCLK OC.
Doing an old fashioned OC on the 2700X wastes its potential. Go look at youtube for PBO + BCLK OC info.

Doing a PBO only boosted it to 4ghz and I'm sure it can do more then that. Also half the videos talking about PBO on youtube seem to beeither Korean or is not from anyone I recognize.

>PBO only boosted it to 4ghz
What cooling do you have? Even my 2600X does 4.1 all core pbo with NH-D15. Yours should do more easily.

It's water cooled.

Are you using the new beta bios that breaks PBO? Something's not right.

Nope. I honestly don't really see the point of PBO though when just playing with the frequency and voltage takes like half an hour at most from what I've seen.

>1.5V on RAM for just fucking 3446 14-15-14-28
YOU IDIOT!

Yeah sorry 1440p with as high framerate as possible, I'm getting an IPS 1440p144hz monitor with Freesync.

I don't mind spending the extra money, I was originally planning to get a 2070 or even 2080 but quickly realised I am only spending the money because I finally can, I won't actually profit gaming-wise.
If you say I would profit from the 2700x I'll definitely get it.

Enjoy your ryzen bro, it can run 4.2GZ all cores on stock cooler brah, just 1.2V brah

Because it gives objectively better performance in the majority of tasks, saves power and noise and prolongs the life of the CPU?
Unless you have a golden sample that can do 4.3+ all core, you're wasting your time.

Nothing wrong with that on B-die. Perfectly safe.
Neck yourself.

But doesn't PBO ultimately just increase voltage and frequency for you? How is it any different by jan. Also I'm water cooling it so sound isn't much of an issue.

>different by hand

>Nothing wrong with that on B-die. Perfectly safe
It's not. B-die isn't magical in that voltage degrades it less, B-die is good because it scales with voltage better.
But telling people it's safe is malicious.

1.5v is widely regarded as the safe cutoff, above causes long term degradation. Intel's XMP specs allow for it to go that high.

Nah PBO is trash
If your mobo has no voltage offset you are fucked

>Neck yourself.
Right on brother, behead all those who insult AMD!

Pretty much all boards have offset now, can't even think of one that doesn't. Maybe some garbo A320s.
It's proven to be better if you don't have a top 1% sample.

The 2080 is not a great card but the Radeon VII is worst OP

>1.5v is widely regarded as the safe cutoff,
Except it isn't, stop lying faggot.
>above causes long term degradation.
uhuh, look at this retard 1.5V perfectly safe, no degradation what so ever, 1.50001V MASSIVE degradation, yeah this makes perfect sense, it's magic you see not physics.
I bet you are the same retard that says voltage above 1.38 for ryzen+ is safe for long term usage.

You don't need voltage offset just turn your computers power plan settings to normal.

High performance causes it to over volt and makes people think it doesn't work

You probably get 0.1-0.2ghz more which is irrelevant for ryzen anyways.

>ordered a bunch of new parts from Newegg and Amazon
>Have gotten some seriously damaged parts in the mail from them in the past
>Tell my room mate to please open the parts boxes when they get there (he's on a different work shift than me)
>This way if anything is damaged, I can fill out the return request while I'm still at work, come home, print the label, slap it on the box, and return it same day
>Check email and see notification from the actual literal Dragon dildo company that my product has shipped (and that it actually shipped 2 days ago, lol sorry for the delayed email!)
>Track shipment and it's already in my town to be delivered around the same time as my PC parts.
>Sheer panic
>The email was from 4 hours ago
>Get a text from my room mate not long after saying all my parts are A OK
>Sigh of relief that he'll be at work by the time my dildo gets there
>He then send me a picture message saying "but what brand graphics card is this"
>It's my gigantic midnight blue dragon dildo standing proud, cum tube, suction cup and all in the picture
>Don't respond, he just texts lol it's cool, don't sweat it, I got stuff that would surprise you too, enjoy your new toys ;)
I have no idea how I'm going to look him in the eye from now on. I got home and the dildo was on the fucking kitchen table surrounded by my PC parts like a fucking shrine.

I also entirely forgot to purchase and SSD. Is NVME better than SATA if they're both m.2? My build is entirely for gaming if that matters.
>Core i5-9400f
>RTX 2070

Attached: 1549303656605.jpg (1125x1125, 162K)

>Except it isn't
Yes it is. Prove otherwise or fuck off. It's just as well known as...
>says voltage above 1.38 for ryzen+ is safe
Which you're so happy to quote.

What happens above that? I see people OC to 1.45 safely for the long run

>advertised as 1.35v
>JUST RUN IT AT 1.5V IT'S FINE NO DEGRADATION WHATSOEVER

>just put massive voltage through your shit because you are chasing intel performance
youtu.be/e-m0oNjV79k?t=202
>Let's just put 1.6V through a 2600 to get that extra 0.1ghz
>doesn't matter to me, I'm going to sell this CPU to some tard amd buyer
>woops I killed it too soon, didn't even get to sell it :(

>1.5V perfectly safe, no degradation what so ever, 1.50001V MASSIVE degradation

Did you have a hard time in school with your style of argumentation? You're not even trying to deconstruct his arguments anymore, you're literally just making up stuff in your favour. My 12 year old niece has a more structured thought process than you.

>SHILL
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>>advertised as 1.35v
There are plenty of retail b-die kits that run well over 1.4v out of the box.
Just give up you're wrong retard.
overclockers.co.uk/team-group-xtreem-8pack-edition-16gb-2x8gb-ddr4-pc4-36000c18-4500mhz-dual-channel-kit-black-my-09a-tg.html

Nobody is advocating overvolting a CPU you barely functioning spastic. Keep up.

Except this is a different ram
Are you dumb?

For DDR4 RAM, 1.4V to 1.45V is your OC range in case you care for your memory at all.
For ryzen it's 1.4V to 1.41V
For ryzen+ it's 1.38V
Going above that is retarded and purely for faggots who want to show off on the internet so bad about how much their ryzen setup doesn't fall behind intel that they are willing to degrade the hardware at accelerate rate.

By the way, B-die is no longer being produced so if you though you can just buy some more B-die for cheaper, just the opposite is going to happen.

>a different ram
Oh my god you just won't stop.
B-Die is B-Die. There's no magic version that likes more volts.

>Did you have a hard time in school with your style of argumentation?
Actually no, I won pretty much all the debates.
The key here is that there is an audience I have to convince, not my opposition, because if my opposition doesn't want to admit they are wrong under any circumstance it's a pointless endavor, however convicing the bystander is another deal.
So no I am not going to convince you, I am here just to make sure others don't degrade their hardware because some retard wants to get slightly better cinebench scores

You are taking to people who likely have zero, ZERO understanding of electronics, and very limited understanding of the hardware they bought through internet articles.
To them hardware is magic blackbox and they try to rationalize it best they can, the same way a caveman tries to explain that the gods are angry, when they saw lightning or some shit.

lol get a load of this faggot

>all b-dies run on same frequencies
t. dumbass

>all this talk of RAM and CPU voltages ITT
>Mfw ran an FX-8350 @ 5.645GHz using 1.72v as a 24/7 clock
>Mfw was running 2400MHz DDR3 that was stock 1.65v but I ramped it up to 2.0v to maintain my 2933MHz clock
>Mfw both the ram, motherboard and CPU still work to this day

Granted I was water cooling both the CPU and had a full VRM/NB coverage block for my motherboard as well as liquid blocks for the RAM.

Attached: 1fe628.gif (500x281, 902K)

>misquoting because you know you're wrong
t. eternal brainlet

>Actually no, I won pretty much all the debates
Fancy the pigeon playing chess simile?

The point of an argument is to try and see who's right or wrong, you're not a politician trying to sway people's opinions and ignore the other party.
But whatever mate, I know for a fact there's no reasoning with you when you quote stuff nobody ever said and use it as a fact. Might as well ignore your nonexistant opinion.

>pc almost finished only need mobo + cpu
Do I wait for Ryzen 3000?

Do you live in Canada or Northern Europe?

Help me or I will use an Orangepi Zero as desktop.

when does 3000 even come out

Northern US near Canadian border. PC so had 2x MSI Radeon 7970 lightning models with LN2 modded BIOS to unlock voltage. Honestly I rarely ran my heat. Just run a few benchmarks and it would warm the room

Some time between May 27th and the heat death of the universe.
I can confirm this with 100% certainty.

>9900k
So assuming I don't pay far cry 5.
Why wouldn't I just get a 9700k?

Personal attack are not an argument and while it may give you a false sense of winning the argument, the majority of on lookers won't be swayed by this shit if it's pointed out.

>The point of an argument is to try and see who's right or wrong, you're not a politician trying to sway people's opinions and ignore the other party.
Arguments between 2 parties to reach the "truth" can work, but that implies both parties are here to find out what is the truth, not beat their chest and prove they are right no matter the cost.
Almost always its the ladder.
Thus why arguing to convince your opposition is almost entirely pointless and any argument that is to be had should always have a third part of some sort who hears both sides and decides which one has more merit.
As they don't have a "I must defend my ego, I must win the argument no matter what" mentality that prevents them from having an objective overview.

The fact that you know none of this just leads me to believe that you have never had a debate.

>I know for a fact there's no reasoning with you when you quote stuff nobody ever said and use it as a fact.
>Might as well ignore your nonexistant opinion.
I have an actual education in electronics and I have read many sources on the subject of DRAM voltages. The results are very inconclusive to say the lead, but one thing that everybody agrees with is that 1.5V is degradation territory.
But go ahead go into cope mode that lets you salvage your ego because you don't really want to admit you are wrong.

There is no argument, you're wrong and being an uppity little faggot. You'd have posted one of these sources you claim to have seen if you actually had any.
Go away.

I'm planning to upgrade my GPU from 1050ti to 1660 or 1660ti, which one should I get? I have a normal 1080p IPS monitor if that helps.