We are right in the middle of 2019, how come most laptops come with 1360x768 screens...

We are right in the middle of 2019, how come most laptops come with 1360x768 screens, and the ones with bigger screens are more expensive than a mac?
And no, 15'' is too big for a laptop, it is supposed to be a portable thing. And don't get me started on those huge pants-on-fire 10 minutes battery time "gaymer" laptops, you try lugging around 2-5 kg on your shoulder among your other stuff just to be able to do your job. 13-14'' is portable enough and big enough for most tasks.
Even phones and tablets come with 1080p screens!
It's like manufacturers want you to either use a tablet (not enough for most tasks) or go to Applel. Last year on all my meetings the managers were using 12'' laptops with babby resolution, and when the entire document was on screen it was so pixelated I couldn't read a damn thing, had to zoom in on parts of the documents. Print it then, you damn cheap bastard! Why? Why is this still allowed in 20 fucking 19?

Attached: 54023761-freehand-drawn-cartoon-laptop-computer-with-question-mark.jpg (1300x1300, 118K)

that's what ultrabooks are for.

>And don't get me started on those huge pants-on-fire 10 minutes battery time "gaymer" laptops, you try lugging around 2-5 kg on your shoulder among your other stuff just to be able to do your job
Why the fuck would you even bring these up in a "discussion" about small format laptops..?

This is Jow Forums, you know someone will mention them as viable solutions in a thread about portable computers.

They are viable if you need their gpu, however 10" is the perfect size for a portable laptop.

Attached: 1554155129714.jpg (900x1200, 204K)

Why tf are ThinkPad not equipped with a dedicated graphics card at their price?

Only the laptops bought by clueless normies. My 13" laptop has a 4K screen.

>needs gpu for word, excel and firefox
Unless you mean playing your gaymen after class, this thread is for the working adults. We have dedicated stuff for our gaymen.

I have 15' laptop and it is portable

Shops only carry the babby screen shit and only a couple high res for the rich kids as a gaming laptop. No proper middle ground. I seriously have to go over the border to at least find a shop with a few proper choices or go into the applel church.

I have one now, but it is not portable along with a couple folders of paperwork, documents, brochures and the power brick, which is needed no matter what. Battery won't last half a meeting even if new.
It quickly adds up to 5kg, almost half of it is the laptop and accompanied gear. Portable for someone new in the field, after 10 years I am fucking tired of lugging all that shit around.

Last year the entire board had Surface and HP notebooks. This year, half of them are MBPs.
IT is loosing the battle here and we have to accommodate BYOD regardless of technology and seems there's a demand for that sweet spot sized device.

>you can only use your gpu for gaymen
>dedicated stuff
who the fuck still plays games as an adult?

Attached: 1550219204849.gif (270x333, 2.99M)

I have HP and it weights 1.82 kg (according to Google) plus I have a large backpack but I agree, it is not comfortable

There is a huge demand. Technology seemingly stagnated over the last decade, only minor improvements were made and portability that back then was luxury now became the norm with phones and tablets. People want that with their full feature notebooks. When tablets were new, we had half the team on them and after a month it was obvious they are not good for anything productivity related. Now we use one as a tray.
I just don't understand how notebook manufacturers are oblivious to this. I am not a macfag, far from it, but now I see all the reason behind the macbook air and why it was such a big thing back then. Steve Jobs as a shitty person had the knack for seeing these ahead, or knowing where to find the people who knew what will be needed in the future.

People who have lives and are not sucked into a wageslave job

Real adults do multithreading on CUDA in their free time.

>15" is too big for a laptop.
I have a 17" laptop, and love it.

Attached: 1491502383867.png (1240x918, 940K)

I bought an asus 14" laptop with a 1920x1080 screen for 600 aud, other specs aren't great but it's good enough. There's a lot of 1360 screens but if you check you can find cheap laptops with good screens.

I thought real men had families and kids
Why don't you have kids, user?

People who have lives don't play games.

Attached: 1548610593358.png (500x921, 823K)

>how come most laptops come with 1360x768 screens
That simply isn't true. Only the very cheapest models have that kind of display. If you're trying to pay as little as possible then of course you're going to get bottom-of-the-barrel trash.

On the contrary, people who have lives don't have to work shifts and double shifts to scrape together enough for a living. I mostly do home office, only have to go in once or twice in two weeks, plus a few business trips per month, resulting me having to work a few hours a day and have the rest for myself.
I do light /out/, /p/, /rcg/, beside the usual tending to my lawn and it is good to sit down at the end of the day for a couple hours of WoWS and whatnot.
What do you do for a living and how much time do you spend on it?