What is the purpose of a smart watch?

What is the purpose of a smart watch?

Attached: 9A18DEF3-DC8F-4C4D-9BDE-04515FE99691.jpg (225x225, 10K)

You compromise on usability to further decrease the distance between you and whatever you do on a phone. I guess you can do stuff like vibrate instead of ring, or check texts in stealth mode.
The real point behind it is to sell more hardware that will need to be replaced sooner. Phones on their own aren't flying off of shelves like they were before.

hearat rate alarm

I'm not into fitness, but if you actually use calendars for scheduling shit, they're really useful.
Especially since Marshmallow removed lockscreen widgets.

Honestly, paying for stuff via a mobile-connected watch is really convenient. Same with volume control for media.

Nothing revolutionary but I'd legit miss having it if my watch broke.

to tell the time

I have a crypto bot and an app on my smartwatch buzzes whenever it buys or sells a position.

There is no point, really
A fitness band will do your heartrate monitoring, sleep monitory, pedometer and NFC payment shit
If we're including fitness bands in the smartwatch category then those functions are useful, but stuff marketed as smart watches instead of fitness bands don't really offer anything useful

I'm looking at buying a smart watch just for organising myself and scheduling, what smart watch do you use?

to waste battery power

* actually be a watch
(what, reaching for your phone isnt the most convenient thing ever is it)
* give you fast glances at a notification
(glance at watch, see if notification is relevant, possibly reply with a canned reply, otherwise ignore)
* payments
(...its really useful, fuck wallets)
OH AND DID I MENTIOn
FUCKING QUIET NOTIFICATIOSN
CAUSE THE FUCKING SHITTY VIBRATION FUCK
IN MY PHONE
IS GAAAAAAAAAARBAGE
AND HAVING NOISE IS JUST
why?

also i guess someone probably uses the fitness tracking thing

le bump

Not particularly but I've been thinking of getting rid of my wallet and just using a cardholder on the back of my phone for ids. I could use a digital wallet and card apps to pay for everything if more department stores would update their card readers with nfc.

Basically nothing. A g-shock is way more practical

to irradiate your wrist

>heart rate tracking
>ability to check texts/emails in meetings w/o pulling phone out
most important:
>outing yourself as an autistic person so other people know to avoid you

To show off how much of a bellend you are. Another example would be a Bluetooth ear peace.

The only genuine reason to own one, would be for monitoring your Hart rate.

Fashion / display of wealth.

Nobody can identify a Rolex in 2019, but an Apple watch is iconic

To part retards from their money

but in a smart way!

I'd get a smart watch if it meant I could ditch my phone. I hate having things in my pockets.

You don't have to pull your phone out of your pocket for notifications or to change/check minor things (music, alarms, notifications, text messages) which is nice if you're driving or exercising, or otherwise don't want to pull your phone out. Not something I'd buy personally, but if I had one again there's uses for it.

Attached: 1535999116255.png (444x373, 124K)

I know two people with them, they wear the watch while exercising or at work so they don't need a phone.

I'm using it together with Google maps so I don't need to get my phone out if I'm in a new city.

Cheap fitness bands are great for running/hiking. far more convenient than tracking with your phone. Also actually showing time, notifications from your phone, alarms etc.