Host an online marketplace where consenting adults by recreational psychoactive substances

>host an online marketplace where consenting adults by recreational psychoactive substances
>get life in prison with no parole
Explain this shit Jow Forums - how is engaging in online business a crime?

Attached: ross ulbricht.png (613x496, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Ulbricht#Silk_Road,_arrest_and_trial
youtube.com/watch?v=wJUXLqNHCaI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Move a piece of lead in the direction of another African-American gentleman who did not dodge it
>get life in prison with no parole for murder

free ross

>selling drugs is the same as murder
Based retard.

Meanwhile large companies make billions from selling heroin

American puritanism.

In most Asian countries he would have been hanged.

Attached: fine-gentlemen.jpg (1642x1103, 431K)

>Conviction(s): Money laundering; Computer hacking; Conspiracy to traffic narcotics

Yes, seems to be just about the website

Didn't you just make this thread hours ago?

Why should I give a day's ass about some ancap asshole too stupid to realize that breaking the law using a public immutable ledger was a bad idea

How's he able to shitpost on twitter from prison?

Should have gotten death

There is no reason ever to place non violent criminals in prison. Ever.

CIA doesn't like competition.

Nah, you're right, the state needing to support junkies, the associated crime and impacts to families and communities are far better than heat fueled darwinism.

>how is engaging in online business a crime?
Not a question relating to tech 2bh. Seems to relate more to legalities of drugs.
Sage.

Does the fact that other countries have backwards drug laws excuse the fact that America does as well?

>Ross Ulbricht is a first-time offender serving two life sentences without parole + 40 years for all non-violent charges associated with creating the Silk Road website. Passionate about free markets and privacy, he was 26 when he made the site

>Ross was not accused of selling drugs or illegal items himself, nor did he launder money or hack computers, but was held responsible for what others sold on the site.

LOL just like every other website

>28million in bitcoin
>never mentioned

Cunt how much have those pharmaceutical companies made from selling Oxycontin

this dude was trying to assassinate multiple people.

He has never been convicted of attempted murder you fucking glowcuck

You have an issue with companies selling prescription medication after billions in testing/development/fda approval?

>However, various sources indicate that it can cost more than $1 billion to bring one product to the market, including approximately $50-840 million to bring treatments through the stages of Basic Research/Drug Development and Pre-Clinical/Translational Research, and approximately $50-970 million to complete the Clinical Trials (Phases 1, 2, and 3).

Fucking Christ, I didn't know Wilford Brimley was in jail.

>prescription medication
Bullshit, its just another form of heroin and was prescibed as "non-addictive" - hence all the fucking pill mills

>I’ve never seen a drone or self-driving car. I’ve never used AI or VR.
When I get out it will be a bit like time travel. What else has changed so far?

lol this dude is a fucking idiot

>locked up in 2015
>dji phantom 2013
>was various drones before that too

feel free to show me where you can get it over the counter then :)

Maybe some non violent website will sell it LOL

god i love justice

Not OTC, but doctors over-prescribe the shit. Stop acting ignorant, you know what he was talking about.

i thought it was attempting to have a rival murdered that brought the long arm around

he implied it's not prescription medicine

You too stupid to read, too?

>break law
>get sent to prison
can someone explain this to me?

>money laundering
>computer hacking
>selling drugs and other illegal items
>tens of millions in bitcoin seized

>non violent so should be free

Yeah he seems to have paid money to kill someone. That's a bit silly.

Attached: wizzlewazzle.png (200x192, 140K)

Who was the rival?

Didn't he also try to hire a hitman

How does he have Twitter in prison?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ross_Ulbricht#Silk_Road,_arrest_and_trial
>To prevent Ulbricht from encrypting or deleting files on the laptop he was using to run the site as he was arrested, two agents pretended to be quarreling lovers. When they had sufficiently distracted him,[29] according to Joshuah Bearman of Wired, a third agent grabbed the laptop while Ulbricht was distracted by the apparent lovers' fight and handed it to agent Thomas Kiernan.[30] Kiernan then inserted a flash drive in one of the laptop's USB ports, with software that copied key files.[29]
That's dodgy as fuck.
I mean, perhaps the FBI needed to remove competition?

Attached: 3dd.png (236x176, 2K)

think he just gets visitors/phone calls and someone posts his thoughts and letters

Apparently they have access to the internet. Odd.
Especially when you consider the particular prisoner here.

Why is this dodgy

So much potential for the files to be forged. We're dealing with agencies here that are known to involve themselves with drug industries/syndicates. High risk of potential espionage of the government agency from cartels, who may want to eliminate competition.

>selling drugs is the same as murder
Weird, it wasn't presented that way in the OP. It was presented in a way to suggest that the person getting life in prison is just an innocent person engaging in online business, that's all.
Which is why he worded it in that way - because there is more to it than you're letting on, because it's selling drugs. In the same way that that his post references murdering while being as intellectually dishonest as you to make it seem innocent. You're not very smart if you couldn't figure that out.

>backwards
How? Drugs are extremely harmful to society. It has the potential to destroy societies.
see: East India Company sneaking poppy into China

Most people don't want to live near drug fiends. Wherever you live you're going to encounter laws trying to forbid you from making the community become dysfunctional. Whatever private lolbertarian paradise you could run off to you're going to encounter problems with the neighbours.

Attached: 3.jpg (600x600, 21K)

Decriminalizing drugs and funding state run rehabilitation programs has proven incredibly more effective in combating drug addiction compared to the "war on drugs".

Not the user you're responding to.

Personally I'm against drug laws, I'm against all laws and especially prisons... though relatively speaking I don't have much sympathy for this guy, when he clearly knew he was getting rich facilitating the drug trade; while other men are imprisoned for petty shit. I'm much more concerned about the more widespread injustices against guys with little to no power...

That being said, I think the charges on plotting to kill people was possibly fabricated. I have a vague recollection - but from what I recall, agents actually set him up by suggesting the killings to him, using some incredibly dodgy methods, and there's literally no evidence that he went into any sort of planning stage of attempted to faciliate killing anyone. The only evidence is that someone (and FBI agent) on a chat was like "Hey dude I have some enemies I need killed" and he was like "Ok bro we can do that!", considering the context there is absolutely no way to know whether he was serious or whether (and far more likely) he was playing along to see how far things would go, with the intention of dobbing the guy in, or just deleting him and never contacting him again. It seems to me the whole "plot to kill" thing was thrown in there in an attempt to set him up so they'd have more ammunition against him in court. The targeted this guy and set him up. He seems like a douche but I don't accept that his responses in those logs constitutes evidence of his intent to do anything.

It's much like most police today are trained to look for some way to charge the male with some sort of minor crime, in domestic violence disputes, in order to gain leverage when applying for intervention orders on behalf of roasties.

conspiracy charges are bs if you ask me. you either did a crime or you didnt. conspiring to commit crime is not the same as comiting a crime. just more bs police state spook nonsense.

Attached: F1780C27-EE80-4D07-80C3-B96E402A968F.png (500x522, 77K)

I appreciate you bootlickers being consistent with your views for once and still defending the state even when it's not in your best interest to do so.
Great job, keep it up!

Attached: 1484304827658.jpg (634x482, 110K)

>I'm against all laws and especially prisons
You have to be 18 to post here

lol he should be hung for attempted murder

lmao nibba got life in prison for literally dropshipping drugs lmao like who gets prison for dropshipping haha?

>name my band

Yes opioid addiction and pharmaceutical advertising are two plagues but I don't see how this acquitted DPR of any wrongdoing

He plotted to kill the guy who would withdraw his money because he was taking a very large cut. It's obvious he would withdraw or convert his cash himself

Wouldn't

youtube.com/watch?v=wJUXLqNHCaI

Engaging in a business selling illegal things is a crime. While I don't think drugs should be illegal, you can't be SURPRISED when you go to prison for operating the world's largest online drug market.

i think Jow Forums is having a problem; im seeing the same posts again and again

looks like a Jow Forums meetup

Insulin is expensive in America. Go to prison, get medical care, stay alive.