Password Management Thread

What's the rundown on BitWarden? Safe to use the browser extensions?

What is Jow Forums using? KeePassXC user checkin' in

Attached: bitwarden.jpg (770x578, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nthdimtech.com/signet/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i just memorise my passwords.

I'm using keepassXC, it's multi platform and everything is local.

KeepassXC. I use 10 words passphrase + keyfile as master password. KeepassDX on android. Syncing the database with dropbox. Pretty comfy desu.

this but using syncthing
bitwarden looks comfy tho, i hope it's safe

KeepassXC too. I don't pretend to know jack about encryption, but if it's offline, open and featured on EFF website I don't need much more convincing.

Ive used last pass for 10 years but am hoping to export all those passwords into something I host myself.

>On systems other than Windows, you can run KeePass using the Mono runtime libraries, but you won't get the native look and feel which you are used to.
Is that all? Hardly seems worth a fork.

Yeah I'm going to host it now and play around with it.

I don't like the idea of browser extensions for passwords in general but perhaps I'll just use it without the browser extensions. Wouldn't want to have my passwords jacked somehow by some sort of malicious script or poorly checked commit or some shit.

I use standard KeePass on Windows and BitWarden on Android.

KeePass database is on an active HDD and there is also a backup copy in an offline (literally unplugged, off) HDD.

Jow Forums's only 1Password user checking in.

Attached: 1536736685163.png (288x357, 12K)

Fpbp.

All can be hacked.

Take a look at TeamPass

the ginormous dependency is worth the fork, yes

I use it, and like it alright. If I was a little more autistic about my security, I would stick with KeePass XC. If you're happy with KeePass XC, then I can't see any reason why you would want to switch to BitWarden. You sacrifice a tiny bit of security for a lot of convenience, but these ARE your passwords we are talking about.

you sound like a proud retard

pass is the standard UNIX password manager

All can be hacked, of course.

Taking at least some preventative measure from malicious actors is only logical.

Sure, someone could come to your house and install a keylogger via USB if you haven't got some form of USB port protection. (Providing you don't get keylogged via some download you accidentally trusted.)

To top it all off there is always 2 factor authentication to put over the top which makes even the keylogging not detrimental. (Unless you're a fucking weirdo with shit to be blackmailed over.)

I use keepassXC with password and keyfile.

Database synced with onedrive, keyfile saved locally on all my devices.

When at work, I bring a bitlocker USB stick with the keyfile, so if the stick isnt in the computer you wont get access.

Good luck hacking my offline password database

Attached: iu.jpg (600x600, 40K)

nthdimtech.com/signet/

this, nigs

based. NEETs can screech all they want about their open sores solutions (haven't both keepass/lastpass had vulns too recently? LMAO), but sometimes paying a little is the best solution. 1password is the best money spent software-wise.

Attached: 1password7-mac-icon-100760704-large.jpg (1200x800, 69K)

Enpass is better
>desktop client free
>only mobile clients are paid, and just a $10 one time purchase
>great UI
>browser and mobile extensions
>no centralized server
>can sync to Dropbox, Box, fucking WebDAV

*breaks into your shitty apartment*

I use GNU/Memory

That's not hacking buddy. You might as well say you can crack RSA4096 by breaking a guy's fingers until he gives you the private key.

>the state of nu-Jow Forums

I use the one I made.
its ok

Just remember them its not that hard. Password managers are a central point of failure.

What if you run a business or manage client credentials? You gonna memorize hundreds of passwords?

is that not one way to get someone's passwords? i can understand a skinny pallid NEET like yourself wouldn't consider that threat vector

Bitwarden is awesome for autofill on desktop, android, and iOS. Highly recommend. I just use their public instance. You need 8GB RAM for the Docker SQL server.

BitWarden is only good if you host you're own server. Otherwise you're just storing your passwords on their servers.