Apple doesn't force planned obsol-

>apple doesn't force planned obsol-

Attached: Capture.png (969x901, 744K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_on7_prime_receives_android_9_pie_update_with_one_ui-news-36958.php
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>dropping support for SE but keeping 6S
also inb4 satania

Attached: for what purpose.jpg (323x454, 137K)

>A 5 year old iPhone will no longer be updated with software that is primarily made for new phones which are many times faster
>Android smartphones are abandoned after 1 year no matter the performance
>somehow apple is bad guy here
Really makes me think...

iHANDLETS BTFO

Attached: satania.gif (244x248, 184K)

based satania

Don't worry lads, the Pixel 4 Mini will save us.

Attached: CD50E8EF-6781-4605-890A-7C6C7E82A8F2.jpg (1200x675, 337K)

Like not doing better makes you not the bad guy.

Both are bad.
Atleast android has more choice and 3rd party support. Consider buying S3, S4, S5, S7 (no active), pinephone (not android, will be sold for 5 years), fairphone 2, oneplus 3/3t, ... If you dont buy these phones support the brand.

I am using samsung s8, they keep updating it every android version, works fucking flawlessly, just as fast as day 1 despite me having a shit ton of apps on it.

I wanted to buy s10 originally, but since the s8 works so well and is literally totally undamaged despite me dropping it 100 times and constantly getting it wet, I am waiting one more year.

But will definitely get a samsung because they've finally learned how to make phones that last

But also why the fuck would someone use a 5 year old phone, what the fuck is wrong with you - the battery life would suck balls, because we've gone from 22nm to 7nm in that period of time, and probably almost 1000mah more in battery capacity.

>But also why the fuck would someone use a 5 year old phone, what the fuck is wrong with you
That's like asking why the fuck would someone use a 5 year old car instead of a new one just because the new model has some new safety features and is slightly more fuel efficient.

I use a 10 year old phone and the battery life is amazing

Attached: tetti.jpg (640x480, 23K)

lmoa seething hahaha echs dee

Tell me how long most android phones are supported retard

Attached: satania.jpg (1280x720, 123K)

You might need 2 gigs of ram for it. Most of those devices don't have it.

Who taught you to use analogies?

Haven't they admitted that already though?
Am I crazy or do I remember them being like "Yes.. but you know.. we were just throttling them down to save your battery"

S8 screen resolution is overkill it uses more energy/battery than a phone with older SoC and lower screen resolution. Screen on time benches. It's not like old SoCs are not efficient idling or when watching videos.

Older SoCs dont even run the most demanding games that could have give advantage to newer SoCs but unlikely when it's the screen that is the biggest factor. Unless the battery test is some weird off screen bench.

Name one (1) Android phone that has gotten more than 3 android mayor versions.

Well then, I guess it's time to buy a new iPhone!

Attached: iFruit.jpg (648x1000, 148K)

The S8 has had 7, 8, and 9. I can probably put Android 9 on my S5 (came with 4.4.2) if I really wanted to

phones are too fucking wide right now ...

iphone SE was perfect width with a case

current iphones are perfect width without a case

>iPhone 6 is almost half a decade old.
>Elliot Rodger has been dead half a decade.
>M00t left the board half a decade ago.
>Jessi Slaughter now has 3 children.

Attached: Time is Slipping Away From Pepe 2.png (1100x732, 633K)

Unfortunately what said is absolutely true.
Only basketball players would like 5.5" phones.

Almost all Nexus phones, if you count the version they were shipped.

So 6s and SE would be supported.

Does Jow Forums not appreciate the screen real estate?

i think its all a psyop to discourage use of effective cases, so that u break ur phone because a good case would make it too xbox huge

>Does Jow Forums not appreciate the screen real estate?
wtf are u doing on ur phone that needs that much? reading things? scrolling is easy, and the bigger screen means what, 10% less scrolling? so what.

watching movies? playing games? i hope not.

youtube videos? usually the audio is whats most important

Why does everything have to a psyop or some convoluted shit like that with you lot?

its a loaded term but accurate in the sense that they are manipulating ppl on mass scale

>YouTube videos? Usually the audio is what's most important.
I'll read an article if I need information that doesn't require visuals. What are you watching on YouTube that you only need to listen to?

im android nigger but true

>What are you watching on YouTube that you only need to listen to?

I use YouTube sort of like a radio sometimes with different content, Jow Forums , Jow Forums /o/ type topics. Its useful to use the audio since then u can do something at the sametime (house work and such)

Works on my machine ;^)

This lmao. Half of android phones don’t even get the next version update keking my arse off.

the point is, android and iphone are copying the worst aspects of one another until they stop really competing at all and we have garbage

microshaft save us

I use youtube mostly for podcasts and music and I know that I'm not alone with this.

The point is my iPhone 4 is sitting next to my bed and works just fine while I type this out on my XS. My Droid incredible is U N U S E A B L E

>badthing is good because terriblething is worse

I use YouTube for visual content and I know I'm not alone With this.

Perfect width depends on person's hand size and/or what phone/screen size they prefer. Can be a compromise between features and size.

You should have said perfect for me or imo.

Version updates are marketing and not needed by everybody. How much better do you think android 10 is at web browsing than android 4. What about different iOS versions? Apple dropping support for apps is not an excuse to say safari does not run on x iOS. Security updates are more important than version updates for device and for apps. But phone OSs are sandboxed. Web browsers are sandboxed. Unlikely to get infected unless you install untrusted apps and have root.

General population replaces their phones when it starts slowing down or the phone has battery problems. Other reasons for different/same people are marketing, apps that lose support and wanting a feature or different/new experience or needing it for some reason.

They dont know what it means to get updates or what android x means. All they know is that they need/want a new phone and cheap is bad.

Yes it would be better if there were more updates but people are ignorant and busy.
I would say iphone is better at having version updates but thats pretty much it. This is not that big of a deal. People would still use their phones even if they dont get version updates. Brands should make repairable phones and parts cheaper than half the price of a new phone. So that those who dont want new phones every x years could still use their phones even when the battery or screen dies. But they wont offer a choice that would ruin their profit. Just let the tax payers pay for e-waste.

You havent been to a high population country? They dont have computers/tvs they use phones for media consumption. You buy smartphone for the touch screen. You buy dumb phones for calls.

Fair enough I guess.

I have an HTC phone from like a year ago that can't update past Android 8.0, not even 8.1.

At least Apple supported their shit for six years.

this

>You havent been to a high population country? They dont have computers/tvs they use phones for media consumption.

so we should make all phones ideal for hell holes and fuck everywhere else AND sell them for a lot of money? no thanks

NOOOOO! The 6S AND ON AND TOO BIG FOR MY HANDS! TYRONE IS GOING TO LAUGH AT ME AGAIN WHILE HE FUCKS MY WIFE!

Probably too lazy to support small screen
iOS 12 is already a joke running on 5s and SE. Not speed wise but screen management. Half of screen is application's title

Attached: 1548791031208.jpg (1080x1350, 127K)

Never buy HTC again until they offer what you want and tell others about your bad experience. Make it seen.

People should stop expecting that companies do the right thing. They dont unless it makes money. They are two timing consumers. They lie to your face and make you trust them. You are not part of something when you own x brand phone. You are being mislead and kept in a bubble of ignorance.

When you see something about a brand you can expect it to be marketing. Reviewers dont tell you about how similar the product is to the last iteration. They dont tell what happens to the phone after 2 to 3 years. They dont care about the viewer all they care about is views and not losing review units/benefits/funding.

You are a cash cow that is profiled and slaughtered when the milk runs out. Brands in general dont care about you the consumer. They dont help you. They abuse. Target the largest consumer base and leave the rest out.

Attached: oh no no no no.png (590x853, 44K)

Yeah I'm never buying anything from HTC (or LG) again. No idea what my next phone is, I do blame Google for the Android update nightmare overall, but I don't necessarily want to switch to iOS.

gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_on7_prime_receives_android_9_pie_update_with_one_ui-news-36958.php
nice meme

Do you really want the latest Android version since Google is full steam ahead on making a locked-down retard-proof iOS-lite clone?
Go read how much shit they're taking away from you on Android Q.

>released in 2018

Sony Xperia XZ Premium

Attached: sony-xperia-xz-premium-2017-0.jpg (435x650, 33K)

iPhone's performance gets throttled when battery becomes 2 years old. Do they tell about this when buying?
Can you enable this mode when battery is younger than 2 years to test it out before buying?

The reason they do it because the apple SoC is overclocked and then underclocked when the battery is expected to not be able to handle the power spikes of the SoC.

Pretty bad when Apple didnt tell anyone about it. Two year mark and your phone gets set in to permament low performance mode. Now users can choose. Before they could not and they didnt know why their phone got slow.

Phone shuts down suddenly when battery cant give enough power. This happens in cold weather too. Batteries cant give as much power when cold.

Batteries degrade over time and need to be replaced after 1-4 years. If brand doesnt sell you newly made batteries they advocate planned obsolescence. Executivies have to do this if they dont they are not maximizing profits and get replaced. There is many executives and if one starts to think this practise is immoral they get paid-leave to keep mouth shut. Or all of them just care about their bank account. I cant possibly know. One case or other there is a reason why they are not filling untapped markets.

bumb bc no responses to my wall of text that i think deserves at least some visibility. Q U A L I T Y T I ME

bumb
H O W M A N Y B U M B S D O E S O N E E D ?

Attached: 1362185253579.png (979x634, 114K)

>2007 was 12 years ago
It was literally the last year things made sense before the clown world timeline.

Attached: 1528731767317.jpg (593x593, 125K)

I fucking hate Apple but this. Why is Jow Forums absolutely nothing but low effort outrage and politics lately

This hurts too much... Fucking Samgshit I'm still waiting for Oreo

What did he do wrong? It's a decent analogy...

Why do you think someone needs android 9 if they got android 5 6 7 8?

What features are you missing? Does the general population need the latest?

Same for iOS basically no difference in iOS iterarions except Apple stops giving app updates which is nefarious.

Buying apple because they update iOS is retarded. Their most important features are not unique at all.

>BOOM
>BOOM
>CRASH
>user GET ON THE FLOOR AND SPREAD YOUR ARMS AND LEGS
>YOUR UNDER ARREST FOR NOT BUYING THE LATEST IPHONE
>BY ORDER OF APPLE YOU ARE A THREAT TO NATIONAL SECURITY FOR HAVING A PHONE WITHOUT THE LATEST SECURITY UPDATES
>YOU WILL ACCEPT YOUR SALARY DEDUCTION TO PURCHASE A NEW PHONE OR WE WILL SEND YOU TO PRISON FOR LIFE AND CONFISCATE YOUR PERSONAL DATA TO BE UPLOADED TO PUBLIC APPLE DATABASE

Attached: swat kicking door.jpg (700x463, 81K)

Is this true? seriously? OMG i really that fukkin mini pixel. Jesus.

>Buy one of thousands of shiny new Android phones from Sam-Rola that just released but still doesn't have the latest Android version that came out 6 months ago.
>Wait for a year to get Android X.0 (Pie) that came out 1.5 years ago, because android manufacturers care more about shitting out as many models as possible to attract 3rd world pajeets in an already highly saturated market just to increase profit margins by a few %
>One or two security patches after that and thats it because Sam-Rola has shit out a hundred different new phones since you bought your's.

"HUR DUR MUH PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE!!!!!"

Attached: IMG_6783.jpg (828x651, 69K)

In other words, OP is a retard who effectively shot himself trying to sataniabait.

>android doesn't force planned obsol-
wait nvm they just don't give a shit about their customers

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-10 at 20.54.09.png (1578x1264, 375K)

You dropped this
>iphone

Both bad you dork.

Wasn't Treble Project supposed to solve this problem once and for all?

Not everybody implement it on android oreo. Too early to judge. We start to see from android 9 pie on if phones get more updates. Then treble is helping.

There is no treble for phones with android version lower than 8.1

It's the fault of marketing. People get too much out of place information so they dont know what to buy. And almost all android phones are bad so odds are that people end up buying from the bad batch.

so it's going to support iOS 13?

>all these people still on fuckin kitkat
I ditched it back in 2017 because it was already losing support from apps

My 5 year old phone still gets updates. Get fucked.

Apple might suck but every Android maker sucks ten times as hard.

Did you check if it has custom roms available? Android 5 lollipop is still very usable. Custom roms could get it atleast to android 7 nougat.

Maybe too late to say now but maybe this helps you out in the future.

OwO whats this tiny cute ass phone???? UwU

I'm in love

not all of them. Nokia does good shit and keeps phones updated.

are you retarded? ios 12 is recent and supports them, meanwhile laggdroid drops support after 6 months.

>did not read the thread
>has owned a cheap low end android phone or someone close has owned. The low end phone is supposed to be a compromise between lag and price
>now thinks androids lag
>doesnt know that there is +11 big android phone makers
>compares iphone to android. It should be apple to android phone brand ex. samsung.
>thinks iOS != android. A operating system.

Might not be accurate for this case but should wake some readers up.

Only if the OEM actually want to update older model.

>cheap low end
nah, I'm talking high end android phones. nice COPE though.
>thinks iOS != android. A operating system.
where did you get that from?
>new android version
>doesn't become available for 6 month old high end android phone
>iOS 12 comes out, even works all the back to iPhone 6
COPE

>lagPhone

Attached: 1541642830597.webm (640x290, 2.43M)

How did they organize so many people to tap on all those phones at once?

Cope harder.
You got video proof? Any tweets, youtube vids, clips.

>ios != android
from personal experience

You got 3 choices a year at max for iphone. On android you get foreach manufacturer 2-22 that makes over 50 to choose from.

You think people need that version update? What essentials has an version update brought?

iPhone users can enjoy their toy phones and the perceived status boost they think it brings. Money down the drain.

Lmao Android is even worse I wait years for os updates that usually never come.

Maybe you should check their website and see if they promise anything. If they dont why expect.

You got options. Buying a good android phone needs research. Many are bad.

It really is a crap shoot and most new Android versions lately are just fucking gay ui tweaks + faggot new emojis and stuff.
Most if the new features come on the hardware level anyway.

just disabled TLS 1.0 and 1.1 and enabled TLS 1.3 on our company website

goodbye old ifag shit and winshit phones

Quite bold complaining about Apple no longer supporting a 5 year old phone when Android on average doesn't even make it past 12 months.

Quite bold pretending Apple supports iToys longer than a year.

Attached: 1555782279286.png (1064x1157, 194K)

Name one (1) Apple device that has gotten security updates after version updates stopped.

>claim shit
>post completely unrelated image because haha funny battery guys

COPE

Attached: 1529957558073.png (994x961, 330K)

>>M00t left the board half a decade ago.
Fuck, I never thought it was this long. I still remember his occasional shitposts.

>camera takes up 3/4 of the display
No thanks user

Man the new iphones really aren't selling, are they?

((((((Rumor)))))
If SE gets dropped I will eat my fucking words but it won't. Maybe i'm biased because i own an SE and its an amazing phone and I really hope they don't drop it but still. It's only been supported for 3 years

Only 1399.99!