Chrome and Brave shills on suicide watch

Chrome and Brave shills on suicide watch

blog.mozilla.org/blog/2019/05/09/what-we-do-when-things-go-wrong/

Attached: basedzilla.png (635x763, 299K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ghacks.net/2019/05/06/what-you-need-to-know-about-add-ons-in-waterfox-68/
hacks.mozilla.org/2019/05/technical-details-on-the-recent-firefox-add-on-outage/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>exposes millons of tor users and undercover operatives to hostile governments
>sorry guys

So they're flat out saying they collect your data.

Attached: 1535755802482.png (247x75, 15K)

>hey we fucked up
>we took away your choice and disabled the addons you had installed for security and privacy reasons
>we also forced you to let us collect your data if you wanted any of that shit back
>but don't worry, we won't keep that data. you can believe us because we're trustworthy ;)
Fuck Mozilla. Completely done with firefox.

but where do we go?

A better question is why people use the tor extension and not the tor bundle.

(And if I'm wrong) why is your tor browser calling to Mozilla.

I'm going to ungoogled-chromium until something better comes along

Netscape

what's wrong with waterfox?

The Tor extension has been obsolete for years. The Tor Browser Bundle includes Tor Browser which is based on Firefox ESR. It uses the same certificate for signing extensions as Firefox so when it expired it meant users of Tor Browser had their extensions disabled as well.

because telemetry has been enabled on purpose

>w-we swear!
I believe them.

>Not using Tor bundle ESR
>Hurr why a product that does not guarantee privacy suddenly not provide it

Mistakes like these are the best since they will bust idiots like you.

>installing add-ons for security and privacy purpose
I really don't think you understand how the internet works.
If you want security you stick with stock Chrome or rune FF in a chroot/sandbox. If you want privacy you run Tor ESR without any add-ons. Anything else just proves you to be a retarded child.

>ESR has been obsolete for years
I can't say whether you are a glow in the dark psyops or genuinely beyond retarded. ESR last commit was.literally today.

not an argument

use tails/qubes

>one damage control blog post a day keeps the smart people away
they are really stretching this one out, its like they have nothing else to do.
we get it, everything you did the the last 5 years suck, move on and die fast, i want phoenix2 to be a thing

oopsie, we shat our diversity pants, please use our shit and about to get shittier sofware.

based trannyfox

>we just betrayed your trust
>trust us

Attached: D5pvzdrWAAAK2zo.jpg (937x1033, 75K)

still waiting for your argument

based trannyfox

When the time comes, you gotta run and don't look back. Mozilla is over.

Install GNU/IceCat.

Attached: icecat.png (650x650, 177K)

it's worth it to stop those nazi extensions

Too late. Discovered waterfox and don't feel like going back

Doesn't betrayal mean intent?
I've fucked up at work, but on a much smaller scale
I didn't get affected by their mistake, but I'm not convinced they meant to do it

Wow thanks for deleting a couple of days worth of spying.

I can't, but not out of lack of trying. There is just no way for me to add an IceCat snap/repository on Ubuntu. I spent several hours trying to figure it out before giving up.

>end of 2018 - we are ending with meritocracy and we will look at who's the most deplorable brown tranny before giving them a job
>may 2019 this happens

Attached: 1543226371474.gif (500x356, 659K)

Standalone Tor extension is obsolete. Tor Browser Bundle includes Tor Browser. Tor Browser is based on Firefox ESR.

Are you fucking blind? He never said that ESR is old. Read it again.

just installed Waterfox because i noticed that it says "Support for NPAPI Plugins" right on their front page and i hope that means flash support will remain even after 2020

the old Firefox tabs look almost nostalgic god damn it

Attached: ff7 tifa.jpg (850x1133, 129K)

>we already sold the data so it doesn't matter

Not that any other browser is any different

you can just download it from their site, are you retarded?

uh wtf
ghacks.net/2019/05/06/what-you-need-to-know-about-add-ons-in-waterfox-68/
why would waterfox basically destroy the one key thing that set them apart from firefox: that unupdated legacy extensions still work

Attached: Gundam.jpg (1024x768, 204K)

tor is only safe on whonix, you can't trust firefox to be free of exploits.

Whoever tweeted that had their fingers crossed behind their back when they sent it out.

Jesus, that comments section is like weaponised autism. Guess I should have expected as much from people deranged enough to consider Trannyfox too mainstream and feel the need to use obscure forks of it.

I can understand people's disappointment though. If it isn't broke don't try to fix it. Waterfox had this thing going on with legacy extensions and it wasn't broken, of course people will get angry when the devs for no good reason break the whole point of why many use the browser.

Attached: got the time.webm (852x480, 2.84M)

>sjws fuck up and come up with provisional fix which consists of turning on telemetry
>sjwfox shills on Jow Forums rush into threads crying it is not telemetry
>sjws confirm it is telemetry
why I am not surprised

you are glowing

muh dick

Tor Browser Bundle and Tor Browser (including the one shipped with Tails) were affected dumb illiterate faglord

based fit girl poster

They had the decency to say they will delete all data collected since May 3 until May 12
Waterfox 68 it's looking really fucking nice too
The main dev it's promising to keep support for the 56 branch, and porting add-ons to the 68 branch should be easy for most add-ons

Wild webm, user

clearly putting that telemetry to good use for this amazing user experience

...you did read what you were turning on, right?

This is hilarious and tragic irony for user.

Yandex could be a good alternative. Go for Tor if you're bothered with Russian tech though.

>and porting add-ons to the 68 branch should be easy for most add-ons
doesn't matter, there are thousands of perfectly good add-ons that have no developer

i tried downloading github.com/JustOff/ca-archive/releases for waterfox:
>This catalog contains 93,598 versions of 19,450 Firefox add-ons created by 14,274 developers over the past 15 years using XUL/XPCOM technology before Mozilla decided to ruin the classic extensions ecosystem and go exclusively to WebExtensions.

almost none of them have any active development. if waterfox devs are smart they will make sure both WebExtensions and legacy add-ons work side-by side.

Attached: flux capacitor.webm (317x237, 1015K)

>Our CTO, Eric Rescorla, shares more about what happened technically in this post. hacks.mozilla.org/2019/05/technical-details-on-the-recent-firefox-add-on-outage/
> •Users of very old builds of Firefox which the Studies system can’t reach.
>
>We can’t really do anything about the last group — they should update to a new version of Firefox anyway because older versions typically have quite serious unfixed security vulnerabilities.
If it really is just a cert then a simple patch or just the cert could be offered for older versions since they messed up. They're doing apple style forced obsolescence or covering up what the issue really is.
>We know that some people have stayed on older versions of Firefox because they want to run old-style add-ons, but many of these now work with newer versions of Firefox.
Old extensions don't work with the new version you think the cto would know that.
>we need a mechanism to be able to quickly push updates to our users even when — especially when — everything else is down. ... but at the same time we need to be able to push updates to our users; ... , users should be able to opt-in to updates ... but opt out of everything else.
This sounds like users shouldn't be able to opt out of updates. They'll probably start nagging or disabling Firefox after a period if it can't check for more botnet.

The CTO literally said they didn't know the certificate existed, that faggot knows nothing

This just sucks. After all this bullshit moves they're pulling there's basically no reason left to choose firefox over chrome, and all the other browsers are shit ports of either of them. At this point I might just bite the bullet and stick with the more convenient choice of using chrome and just submit to the browser botnet.

netscape is based as fuck. light as shit, no js.

>We just shown we can't be trusted and are incompetent
>Oy vey trust us
The shilling is just retarded by now.

>people still using ZOGzilla Sorosfox when Brave and Opera exist
lel

Attached: 1506920560101.png (1566x804, 448K)

It's your fault for choosing to use it when you know the addons have been disabled.

have sex, trancel

At least their code doesn't have gendered language in it.

>It's your fault for choosing to use it
You're right, and it's a mistake I won't make again

>promote an open internet
I remember back in 1998, the internet was entirely open, there were pretty much no restrictions, and no expectations of privacy breaches.

Then everyone started working to "promote an open internet".

Just what did you think telemetry was?

>Brave
>not ug-c or Iridium
>Opera
>not Otter

Somehow I don't believe this.

Attached: 1474177951722.png (634x541, 312K)

In a truly open internet, sites like Stormfront (which is older than Google and Yahoo) flourish and they know it.

Attached: DT9Y1kJWAAEu6y2.jpg (683x814, 125K)

seriously who do these people think they are trying to censor internet? all it does is push people into isolated groups where their opinions only gets stronger. their actions are causing more harm than help.

Attached: burgers2.jpg (1600x900, 224K)

I'm still using pale moon, It's ok i guess

what browser does?

>we also forced you to let us collect your data if you wanted any of that shit back
you could just go into about:config and disable xpinstall.signatures.required

This

I enabled the studies thing. Still don't know what it is. Cool they didn't keep my data I guess. Doubt it would've been much anyway.

I stopped using Palemene in 2015, is it still a memory hog?

Maybe? about 512mb on 3 Jow Forums tabs right now

I don't give a fuck anymore, fuck Mozilla.

Wow, then it's even worse than before. I'm glad I switched to Opera, I can have hundreds of Jow Forums tabs open and no one can stop me.

That South Park reptesentation of the BP executive naked on a bearskin rug saying So - o - rry.

It's still not fixed on my debian repo. How do I get my extensions working again?

>debian
Should get the fix within the next 5 years.

Not him but you just prove how clueless you are. He clearly indicated that he means people using add-on do not have privacy or security anyway, contrary any single add-on no matter how "secure" or "private" actually reduces both, i.e. this issue only affected idiots like you.

And now pelease don't embarrass yourself even more and say "but hurr what about noscript". If you don't get it you should not worry about privacy since you have none.

The NoScript functionality it's essential for secure browsing on TBB, disabling JS on about:config isn't a replacement for NoScript
> If you don't get it you should not worry about privacy since you have none.
You're the one who doesn't get it and doesn't understand how TBB and NoScript work

was that the update or the .xpi 'fix'

.xpi "fix"

How can anyone actually believe that they just forgot to renew a certificate?
Or that even if somehow they could accidentally fuck up that badly that it would take 48 hours to release the initial fix for the fucking problem?

TOR

was it listed in the addons page? i forgot

diversity hires

tails*
whonix is quite literally a botnet

tails is worthless because there's no vm separation.
how is whonix a botnet?

i completely moved to links because of this - it was the final straw.
this apology means nothing. it was legal blackmail, and the problem is that they collected the data in the first place. even if it was an accident, it showed how mozilla can remotely access users' browsers without permission, and without the ability to disable such a feature.
anons, just use links. it's all you need.

Attached: scrot.png (1600x900, 206K)

Tails isn't meant to be used at your home. Do you understand the concept of burner phones and public phones? Well, the idea is to use Tails on random computers.

>vm separation
>in the age of cpu exploits which can just read your memory

Whonix is not amnesic, if you're ever booting up the same environment more than once while using TOR you just destroy the entire point of using it in the first place
You'll be in jail soon, Pedo

He actually believes whonix VM protects him. He's an idiot

Ross was fucked because he thought the same. If they invaded his home he would have time to shutdown his laptop
the point is to hide your real ip
it's the single best thing short of actual separate hardware

>i completely moved to links because of this - it was the final straw.
based. javascript was a mistake.

>He thinks the point of TOR is hiding your IP
You're a lost cause m8. Enjoy jail.

Attached: 1534465915025.webm (380x426, 356K)

it literally is, that's the whole point of onion routing.

>use an email that can link to your actual identity to who you are
>blame tails when you get caught