I managed to install Arch

I'm studying for my RHCSA (taking test on Tues) and then RHCE. I figure I may as well try my hand at this Arch shit you weebs have such a boner over.

What a pain in the ass. I had to re-make the initramfs to support GPT and LVM2. Then I learned you have to have to make a 1MB partition in BIOS format to support the GPT formatted disk with GRUB2. I guess my choices in trying that disk setup first was the big mistake :P

Anyway, where are my free internet cookies for doing this shit? Do I get a plague or something? Gold star? Fuck you. #InstallGentoo

Attached: arch.jpg (1920x1200, 275K)

>not just installing Manjaro which is arch-but-good

>I had to re-make the initramfs to support GPT
I've never had to do this, I think you're either lying or you fucked up the installation procedure in a fairly glorious manner.
>arch-but-good
They're very different distributions, the only real similarities are AUR access and the package manager they use. I also had issues with their Architect installer, tried to install a few different times with a minimal set-up and it would just reset every time I reached the login shell.

>unironically installing arch
Oh, you poor child.
>plebbit spacing
Jesus Chris-
>emotes
ugh

Attached: index.jpg (259x194, 8K)

>managed to follow simple step by step instructions
>wants praise

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-06-19-28-59.png (540x960, 173K)

Enjoy your botnet :)

Suck it, zoomer.

Attached: boomer.jpg (250x229, 10K)

Install Gentoo next

Ok, try installing the root partition on an LVM setup and booting with the default initramfs setup. Let me know how you do.

Attached: flanders_blabbing.gif (300x225, 1.88M)

just use archfi.sf.net/archfi && sh archfi and follow on-screen instruction if you are dumb and stop complaining.

ops, forgot wget
wget archfi.sf.net/archfi && sh archfi

>540x960
Poor in the loo phoneposter

Yeah, but where's the challenge in that?

Why would you even bother using GPT

There's an arch install script you can get or use Manjaro/Antergos. Arch without the installation autism.

Subtle doesn't understand the limitations of an MBR disk setup

Attached: dumb_fuck_juice.jpg (563x651, 226K)

>not normie posting

#newfag :P

Bro
>RHCSA/RHCE
Install Fedora or CentOS you dumb fuck.
>BIOS GRUB
Use UEFI

Going for a challenge. Not a pleb walk in the park you probably would. Hurr select easy settings for me!!!1

Attached: thumbs_up_cat.png (720x714, 722K)

Red Hat doesn't give a fuck about how good you are at stopping pacman from breaking your system. You need to know how to work with yum/dnf/rpm, SELinux, ACLs, LDAP, SSSD and stuff like that.

>GRUB2
just use systemd-boot, its installed by default anyway

>when you try to roast a phoneposter but the phone you're posting from autocorrects "poo" to "poor".

Arch is the reddit distro, gentoo is Jow Forums