/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 1553924105779.png (1336x1336, 94K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/XzfL3b
twitter.com/AdoredTV/status/1126734966363025408
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=hitman2-steam-linux&num=4
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=117-1660ti-rx590&num=3
youtu.be/kx9jhnKd_zs?t=400
pcpartpicker.com/list/RLTfQZ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
bullshit, 100hz its fine i can barley see any difference between my 100hz 35" and my 144hz 24"

good op

here we go again

tbqh OC use gtaiv v instead of farcry

>OC use gtaiv v instead of farcry
I have some dumbs

brainlet OP

Stop shilling 6Gb for 1440p

>F1 2018
>282
>176
>99
>270
>165
>94

>Asscreed origins
>127
>80
>73
>122
>83
>69

>FC5
>158
>99
>155
>114

So besides Far cry 5, ALL of the others go to the 9700k

Yup, this is why people recommend intel for gaming, it's not JUST cause of the better FPS. It's simply a smoother overall experience.

If you recommend vega 56, you are officially a brainlet from now

Why? It's fine in 99 out of 100 games

That 1 game that actually uses all the vRAM you can turn the detail settings down.

What is everyone's personal preferred metric for determining price to performance?
tl;dr version of my shit is a tight-ish band of games release in the past 12 years tested on the same testbench by the same people, with it being (1% lows - 60)/price for high benchmark or (1% lows - 45)/price for ultra benchmark. I prefer high though.

v56, v64 and rvii are good buys if you can get them with huge discounts
the discount will likely end after computex so never again unless it's used for a steal

>buying a already outdated rig

>only some games matter
>spending $350 to turn settings down
idiots

Attached: based 6Gb.png (1262x707, 418K)

pcpartpicker.com/list/XzfL3b

So this is the build I'm gunning for, I'm mainly gonna use it for gaming and I've got a 1080p monitor. I've already got the SSD, that's why it's pretty shit and I'm not gonna change it for a couple of months.
Anything else I should change?

(also I'm actually in italy, so the pricing is a bit skewed, I don't have much money wiggle room desu and would still love to have an nvidia since I've got already a shield for gamestream)

Except the counter argument is to buy AMD, a 2 year old GPU with more vRAM.

THAT'S outdated.

Not the 2060 that is less than a year old.

The 2060 is already suffering in 1% lows. When compared to cards that it outpaces in average FPS, its 1% lows are getting fucked. That's only going to get worse over time.

>i don't play games unless I can run them at ultra

Besides, the Vega isn't giving enough FPS for 144hz gaming, and the 2060 is giving more than enough performance for 60hz gaming.

Sooo what's the issue? For a 60hz monitor both setups will run the same

At 144hz both setups will be stuttery, though the vega will run better, it's far from ideal and you'll still be turning your settings down.

might as well buy a used 1070ti, better fit for the price

>suggesting buying used

Yeah i'll go ahead and discount your opinion now.

In hindsight the best GPU decision was to simply buy the 1080ti and stick with it until it's not worth it anymore. Glad I did and I paid about half what a 2080ti would cost now.

literally noone even mentioned Vega
1660ti suffers 5% less power that 2060 and it's a better buy due to price

Good to know you're an abject retard

>literally noone even mentioned Vega
LOOK AT THE PICTURE

I think anyone buying used GPUs is an abject retard, so hey, looks like we're on the same page here.

>A GPU is going to magically explode due to how most people use them

good pun, lad, I keked

may 2070ti deliver us from these shortcomings

>I cant consider buying new old stuff

>paying less for same performance means you are brainlet

VRAMlets BTFO

What Wireless adapter (don't mind either USB, PCI-E or M.2) can work with GNU/Linux and Windows? I plan on building a new computer and I am going to dual boot.

From my reasearch it appears Intel cards are well supported on both platforms, and I'm leaning towards the Intel 8265.

>Intel 8265
That's fine if you're okay with older tech

Intel has announced their newest wifi cards recently, not sure when they're releasing though
Intel Wireless-AX 22260 was the one I was looking at.

I'm not as mad about the 6gb 2060 as I am about the 12gb Titan V. What a joke, and to top it off they made a limited run of "CEO models" with twice that or even more. Except that you couldn't actually buy them.
Just to get people to buy a Quadro.

I've looked at those as well. But my Modem router only supports wireless N, so that is why I'll go with a older and cheaper card for now. I wonder if they will do any Desktop kits (that come with the PCI brackets, antennas and etc) with the new ones.

4k is a meme

for what?

for editing 4k footage it's not.

Wrong

True human eyes can't see over 720p

Is there something wrong with 9600k?

It's only really appropriate in niche scenarios.

In most cases you'd be better off with the 2600X.

9700k dipping in price here just a bit again..
b-but.. have to wait for zen 2 until can justify anything..
help..

Attached: 1557423210191.jpg (250x221, 11K)

2 weeks, literally nothing

We can't help you user, bite the bullet and buy it and have potential regret for not waiting.

Or wait for Zen2, if it's good buy Zen2, if it's not, regret waiting so long before getting a 9700k.

Either way is a risk.

>For a 60hz monitor both setups will run the same
t. a man who knows how grayons taste

Attached: a33.png (558x614, 45K)

Buy AMD Ryzen 3 2300X, the best CPU.

The 1% lows on all are above 60fps.

What exactly do you think is going to be different between 60fps at 60hz and 90 fps at 60hz?

>tfw waited to upgrade for over a decade
I can wait some more.... I don't even know if I want a pc anymore..... I think so.... tho....

Attached: 722nx8gi383z.png (635x661, 227K)

Not him but the 0.1% of the RTX2060 will be sub 60fps, hell the 0.5% will be. While it wouldn't be surprising if the 0.1% of the vegas will be around 60

higher fps = smoother game engine, more responsive even at 60hz
do I really have to explain all this...

Meh, you'll be happy either way if you've waited that long.

The difference will be a 500% upgrade vs a 525% upgrade.

Doesn't really matter.

>4c4t
>2019
nahhhh

Attached: a1243ccd67932a02f2bddc03cf5ad904.jpg (454x420, 12K)

>tfw once again some retard left the vega cards out of the OP and put a 2060 instead of a 1660ti
So this is the power of the ultra retard.

anything is a massive upgrade... but still.....still

Attached: 378-3789365_post-apu-pepe-thumbs-up.png.jpg (820x627, 142K)

how did you even come up with those percentages?

it seems there always are people who disagree for the sake of disagreeing, it's sad but they exist

Heading to Microcenter right now. Anyone need anything,?

They act like even mentioning the Vegas will cost nvidia thousands of sales. All they have to do is put that they are interchangeable in their respective category. I don't get money if someone buys a 56, I just think it's a good card and I like the tuning software. I also think the 1660ti is one of the greatest cards in recent history, despite not being the most powerful.

twitter.com/AdoredTV/status/1126734966363025408

may 27th .... hope lads

unironically give me Vega prices

Is 1440p really worth it?

pls respond, noone is answering me...

27" 1440p is very comfy over 24" 1080p.

Will do

looks fine, try to avoid using wifi though, it's shit for latency (online gaming).

their GPU prices generally aren't great.

Fantastic motherboard + CPU bundles though.

Occasionally a decent case on sale. Sometimes SSD or two on a nice deal too.

But GPUs generally don't go on sale much there.

AHHHHHHHHHHHH WHERE THE FUCK IS ZEN 2 I'VE BEEN WAITING WITH THIS SHITTY 1700X FOR OVER TWO YEARS NOW

They're usually willing to price match though. Got my 2080Ti for only $1200 this way

Nvidia pretends that VRAM is expensive.
Cucks get cucked.

Nice reddit spacing, Nvidia shill.
Yes, the older GPU has more VRAM and supports all the same features (RT doesn't count when 2060 is too weak to run it), reddit spacing samefag.
>more reddit spacing of shit opinions

>9600k
It has poorer frame pacing than the cheaper 2600X. Even Gamers Nexus doesn't recommend it over Ryzen 5.
High average FPS doesn't matter when you get stutters.

more affordable that 4k gaming tbqh

Doesn't the Ryzen 1600 beat the Ryzen 2400G in every benchmark? Why the fuck would you ever by a more expensive 2400G under any circumstance?

>Nvidia pretends that VRAM is expensive
Whereas AMD knows it's expensive and says yolo

If they could give you Radeon VII with 8GB of vRAM instead of 16GB, it'd easily be under $600 and be a clear choice over the 2080

Yes. Don't buy the 2400G, it's complete garbage.

>it'd easily be under $600
Even $600 is borderline too much for 8Gb of VRAM. 1080Ti were selling for $620-$650 new with 11Gb.
And it would have been slower unless it were 4x2Gb HBM.
But what they maybe should have done is 3x4Gb for $650. 12Gb is enough at that range. $50 of savings with 12Gb would have been better. Really not sure why they didn't do that as the bandwidth likely would have been sufficient.

iGPU, you tard.

Yes.
Much better quality monitors. Not impossible to run well like 4K. Can be done with like a $1400 build including the cost of monitor.

I can't decide on a GPU. I'll be running GNU+Linux primarily so I figured AMD would be the better choice because of their better Linux driver support. But at the same time NVIDIA has better drivers for performance. If I were to go with NVIDIA I'd probably get the GTX 1070 , I'm not sure what a good AMD alternative would be.

Attached: 1520718405922.jpg (1280x720, 229K)

1600 doesnt haven't the apu, that's it I think.

I have a 34" ultrawide 1440p monitor, and I like it a lot, but i wish i would have maybe gone with something a bit smaller. It's a little too big for the distance I have it at (2.5').

[spoiler]Is letbld.com the best place to get computers pre-built?[/spoiler]

>iGPU, you tard.
How fucking idiotic are you? 99% of builds in this thread already have a dedicated GPU. Nobody is going to pay a premium for fucking integrated graphics.

You AMD morons are so stupid. Intel has had this shit in their CPUs since forever, and it means nothing to gamers.

RISE UP LOL

>But at the same time NVIDIA has better drivers for performance
No it doesn't? Wat.
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=hitman2-steam-linux&num=4
phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=117-1660ti-rx590&num=3
Just depends on game which is better.

>"only" $1200 for a card that's not even twice as fast as a $300 one
ok

AMD fags always so salty lol. Sorry you're poor. Try harder

No 144hz minimum

from the one guy I watched he says the gaming is much more quiet and that the ventus is loud, take that as you may
going off that I'd say get an armor or a gaming version of the same series if you can, but if you don't mind noisy fans at sub 60deg C you'll do fine with the ventus
youtu.be/kx9jhnKd_zs?t=400

is this still recommended? I dont game or do anything intense but my current pc is starting to get old and im looking for a decent upgrade

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-11 11-46-57.png (1008x752, 95K)

Probably not. List current specs.

They had no Vegas in stock, but the tags that were up we're about average on the higher side. $350 for a decent model Vega 56. Like $410 for a Vega 64. $680 for a Radeon 7

Can anybody tell me for sure if AOC C24G1 monitor has 6bit+FRC or is it true 8bit?
I see conflicting info on the net some claiming one or the other.

is it worth playing/paying for the IPS lottery meme or just get a TN?

>the acer n asus 165hz up 150 euros again from sale

Attached: 1556125349872.jpg (428x424, 16K)

Gaming X has fanless mode and it is pretty quiet so long as you don't have it at full tilt. Still makes noise, but I like mine, it's been a solid performer.

Will I even notice the difference between a 1000:1 contrast monitor and a 3000:1 contrast monitor?
Anybody got any way to show me what the difference would be like?

Upgrading for the sake of upgrading is dumb.
Invest your money in index funds rather than waste it.

I have a 24" Dell 165HZ 1440p panel with G-sync I got for $250. It's TN and works completely fine. I say this as someone who also has a basic bitch 1080p IPS panel.

current specs? amd a10-6700, radeon hd 8670D, and 12gb of ram with a 1t hdd. I think i bought it around 2013 from a retail store. why do you need the current specs?

I had about 200k in the bank when the Titan V came out.
Not paying $3k for a card of that performance nor $1200 for the 2080Ti. Neither can still really play 4K *well*. Just somewhat passably, is all they do.

I'd be happy to pay $1500 for a card if it was at least 3x better than Vega 56.

>pcpartpicker.com/list/XzfL3b
Needs a better board (no gigabyte) and better SSD.
ASRock Pro4 at a minimum, but the MSI Bazooka V2 would be better.

The rest is fine, but consider Vega 56 when you're already paying $230 for a GPU.
$300, and comes with $45-$55 of games, makes it only a few dollars more for about 45-60% better performance.

I'd drop the HDD and SSD and a get 1TB SU800 or WD Blue. Oh, and a better PSU, at least something with 4.4 user rating (gives an idea of reliability).
Really, overall, that's not a great build at all. None of the /pcbg/ ones are because it's not using perimetric filters because OP is a retard.
Also 2400G is only $120 now.

It would be a big upgrade, but you can do much better for $500

i already trade successfully with options

latest news
redgamingtech confirms 5ghz boost for 12 core matisse

intel btfo and cucked

Attached: 5gggggg.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

Better build for $70 cheaper. 1Tb SSD, double the RAM, better board, PSU, CPU, basically everything.
OP is a troll and a retard. Just disregard. pcpartpicker.com/list/RLTfQZ

Nothing uses 6GB of VRAM at 1440p.
In fact, you can use 6GB at 4k as well AFAIK.

Attached: VRAM1.png (1324x2828, 149K)

Before you complain, allocation =! usage

Attached: Quake.png (1329x1210, 44K)

I currently have my PC sitting up on my desk like this.
Would I be putting it at risk of overheating if I moved it down into that space between the desk and wall?
Do you guys keep your machine up on your desk?

Attached: image.jpg (4032x3024, 2.62M)

When has redgamingtech been correct on predictions?

There are pretty much only 2 people who have been reliable with leaks.

Your own picture shows 4 games using over 6Gb.
And that's not all games.
RETARD.
>muh allocation meme
kill yourself, popping-in blurry textures fag.

>popping-in blurry textures fag.
Feel free to substantiate your assertion.
Where have you seen this happen in Quake Champions?
Or Tomb Raider?

Attached: RotTR.png (1329x1210, 45K)