SystemD

Heard SystemD is based now. Anyone got any good SystemD tutorial for all the basics Jow Forums would need ? I only know these two so far:

systemctl start
systemctl stop

Attached: systemd.png (500x500, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html
systemd.io/
freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/
tecmint.com/manage-systemd-logs-using-journalctl/
debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

systemctl enable
systemctl disable

It’s far from based. What makes you think anything improved with this insecure dumpster fire?

learn how to create your own services and timers to to automate everything really easily on your computer

Heard eating excrement is based now. Anyone got any good shit eating tutorial for all the basics Jow Forums would need ? I only know these two so far:

*take left hand* *grab anus* *push shitlog out* *move hand to mouth* *open mouth* *insert shit into mouth* *close mouth, swallow*

Attached: leddit.png (397x320, 276K)

systemctl enable
systemctl disable
systemctl status
freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.service.html

and

systemd.io/
freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/

journalctl for a more comprehensive log
run man journalctl for more informantion dude just use man and info

if you are that retarded
man stuff
info stuff

thanks user

Have you tried looking through man pages, man pages are useful after one understands what the thing specifically does or for

>systemd.io/
>.io

Attached: SOY.gif (413x243, 51K)

systemctl enable --now faggot.is.op.service

>using half-baked poetteringware that was programmed mostly by retards for "fun" and consequently is not maintained properly

cringe post

>"cringe"

Attached: when-you-run-out-of-soy.webm (256x144, 923K)

>if I say a bunch of random shit maybe someone believe me

my favorite is
systemctl enable --now
systemd is based

this is why apropos exists

Attached: systemdhcp.jpg (3456x2304, 2.54M)

Attached: systemd-devours-all.gif (426x284, 3.99M)

Attached: fucksystemd.png (1280x2084, 619K)

he's right though?

distro maintainers chose systemd out of their own will. it's meritocracy. having multiple init methods does no good, having multiple core system particularities also does no good to the development of linux as an operative system.

It should be mounted as read for most of the time and when it needs to write it should remount with write permissions for the single bit of data it needs then remount back to just read data.

Or just don't delete your fucking EFI variables like a retard?

What's next? Construction workers shouldn't wear hard hats and should just not get hit by falling stuff "like a retard"?

have you considered maybe macOS is more your speed?

Don't listen to these brainwashed basedboys, systemd is based

it's spelled shitstainD by loonar petring

Why? On most systems, efivars can easily be reconstructed or a simple default \EFI\BOOTX64\BOOTX64.EFI would just fucking work even if you nuked all of them.

# systemctl enable
# systemctl disable
# systemctl start
# systemctl stop
# journalctl --since today
# bootctl install (don't run if you already use grub)
# bootctl update (don't run if you haven't run the above command)

Attached: calendar.jpg (1040x780, 57K)

I bet you also run everything as root

>What makes you think anything improved with this insecure dumpster fire?
I saw a video by the based Luke Smith who said that systemd is good and systemd hatred is bad

Since I havent seen it in the thread yet, tailing journalctl:
# journalctl -xef

>Heard SystemD is based now. Anyone got any good SystemD tutorial for all the basics Jow Forums would need ? I only know these two so far:
>systemctl start
>systemctl stop
wrong, it's spelled systemd like a daemon

>compiles is kernel in 60 architectures
>thinks it only needs one init system
ye sure sure.

systemd daemon-reload is another useful one.

Attached: A4534C7D-7D7C-4B12-A515-1785BEBB7D73.png (640x1136, 82K)

Fuck Pottering and fuck systemdniggers.

So why does an init system include code for DHCP?

journalctl -fu -ocat

That gives you the stdout of a service and follows it and doesn't clutter the output with added shit like the service name or the datetime when the line was logged - it's just the output with terminal color escapes and everything.

Take that in your shitty bash scripts and smoke it, sysvinittards

Systemd is not just an init system, fucktard

because it doesn't, that's another project your shitty distro decides to include instead of the old alternative. or a compile flag

is this pathetic human being the quarterring ?

The thing is called systemd. Not SystemD, nor systemD, nor System D, nor system-d.
It's systemd, pleb.

It's the same kernel though, it isn't fundamentally different just because it's compiled for a different architecture.

Your analogy only works if you're suggesting to switch out the Linux kernel for a BSD, Darwin, etc. kernel instead.

Literally who on systemd
>orange systemd bad

Jow Forums NPCs:
>+1
>based and redpilled
>install gentoo
>if systemd is good why doesn't it come with windows?

>capital D

Attached: oh_ffs.gif (200x150, 298K)

it has always been based because a single project thought they would maintain core utils like gnu but unifying the linux ecosystem. That was it.
Then everyone adopted it, arch, debian, fedora, ubuntu, rhel. Now the development of linux is a more agile because there are less differences between major distributions in the core, though since everyone uses the same kernel it has always been the same core. GNUtards need not to reply. If we call GNU/Linux a distro then by the same logic it should be called systemd/GNU/luks/Linux, which is retarded. It's just linux, actually let me put some evidence. Pic related.
>OS: Linux
Haha, it seems you are crying again GNUtard

Attached: Screenshot from 2019-05-11 18-03-13.png (1600x900, 448K)

I unironically call my OS GNU+systemd+plasma. Who the fuck cares about a fucking kernel?

try to change the kernel to non linux and tell me if it boots or runs any software made for the linux operative system. that's right it doesn't.
change gnu utils, init system and desktop environment and it works just fine, because the kernel is the important piece which constitutes the operative system

People only care about the kernel because because sheckles being made with it.

There are many GNU variants like GNU/kFreeBSD, GNU/Hurd, etc. GNU/Linux is the most popular.

utterly wrong, D stands for Doublenigger

mask and unmask, I was struggling with stopping pulseaudio since most of google and wikis reference the autostart property in default.pa, which is no longer used as systemd is the supreme overlord of everything and responsible for everything. People say linux is for enthusiasts but no other system has such consistent components, you can always count on Poetteringsoft to be a giant pain in the ass

wrong, you can't change the kernel without recompiling all your binaries. cry more gnutard.
gnu, kde systemd are userspace programs you run on top of you system, just like firefox or office

Systemctl something edit --full

you're missing one rather important point: you can take the source and compile it and run it on on a variety of different kernels and architectures. it's not like you can take a binary compiled for x86-64 and run it on arm either. that doesn't really matter if you have the source and a compiler like gcc handy.

What compiler did Linus use to compile Linux when he was developing it? could it be that he happened to pick gcc because that was an existing working part of the gnu system the fsf as making?

# systemctl enable based-and-redpilled
# systemctl disable tranny-discord
# systemctl start sex

Attached: 1555716889448.png (407x123, 4K)

so you're saying if i compile windows with gcc that makes it gnu?

systemd-cgls
systemd-cgtop
systemct list-unit-files --type service
systemct list-unit-files --type [tab tab]
systemctl [tab tab]
systemctl --[tab tab]

systemctl * -[tab tab]
>oops too many hyphens

The GNU/ thing isn't meant to list things next to the kernel though. It notes that there are two systems combined; the GNU system and Linux.

Userland is literally the operating system, user. The kernel is just some piece of code that allows the operating system to talk to the hardware basically. It's like a glorified firmware.

By using windows as an example you're just proving that user's point. Regardless of what you use to compile windows, it will always be the windows operating system, not the NT operating system, not even the windows/NT operating system.

>Heard SystemD is based now
Quit browsing reddit then.

It's systemd and not systemD

I understand Stallman's point, but I view it, along most of his opinions, as only half right. There's no reason for a compromise here. Linux is merely a kernel and GNU is an operating system.
When I include things like systemd and the plasma desktop is because, to me, as the user, those are vital parts of my operating system. Things like my kernel, my package manager and my web browser aren't, therefore I don't name them.

so firefox is the operative system, and llvm is also the operative system because some parts of the software I use is compiled with llvm..
So it should be called QT/GTK/GNOME/Xfce/firefox/nautilus/gnome-shell/gnome-terminal/systemd/llvm/clang/bsd/etc/Linux?

It's like you can't read. Let me try again:
>Things like my kernel, my package manager and my web browser aren't, therefore I don't name them.

so you are nitpicking shit, kill yourself retard
the os is whatever binaries run on. thus the kernel

systemctl set-default multi-user.target

It should really be called GNU OS yes, but Linux caught on because it's way catchier.

systemctl enable
systemctl disable
journalctl -b -fu
user created units go to /etc/systemd/system/

>kfreebsd
Dead, FreeBSD is literally too good, and Debian had to murder it too much to fit it under GNU's yoke
>hurd
Still not production ready after 30ish years

Try again

>agile

>the os is whatever binaries run on
This is simply not true. What proof do you have of this?

>being so much of a retard that the userland you wrote gets named after the operating system you stole to stuff it

>not naming it initiald
What the poetterfuck, missed opportunity

system-DICK in honor of potering's, your's and OP's favorite food.

based
>This is simply not true. What proof do you have of this?
This is simply not true. What proof do you have of this?
this
kek

Fuck off Luke

Attached: 1527588824495.jpg (720x706, 36K)

I just call my operating system Debian, this is literally the name of my OS. If someone ask me I can give them more info like the name of the kernel (Linux) or which parts there are on the surface (GNU and systemd). The useless distinction made by autistic freetards makes sense only when you want to give more information.

tecmint.com/manage-systemd-logs-using-journalctl/

I'm using the GNU operating system. Which kernel I'm using is none of your fucking business.

Attached: 1521774717129.gif (500x250, 995K)

systemd is indeed based as fuck

Based

It's not cool that people call GNU Linux.
It's sad the asking for at least equal mention (GNU/Linux) is too much
But the saddest ist that people unironically claim GNU wants to steal credit

Why can't I just call bash scripts? I am really curious actually.

networkctl is great! machinectl is great! most retards here that hate on systemd are just wintards that installed arch and are too dumb to create a basic systemd service

it's less reliable, if you call your bash scripts through systemd you can have them relaunch if they happen to crash

Meanwhile in the real world Shitnux security is a joke and systemd makes it even worse!

Attached: 6655454.png (871x852, 175K)

Thx. Does systemd fire on system events as well? Is there a list of system events which are emitted and then used by systemd?

>dur hur bald man on youtube doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about so now i think it's cool beans as well!

Attached: 1534198244368.png (300x250, 18K)

you probably wany to look into udev

>GNU/kFreeBSD
Why would you do this, when the userland is the best part of BSD? I'd rather have BSD /usr on a Linux kernel.

There is NOTHING wrong with GNU/kFreeBSD

Attached: kfreebsd talltop.png (1280x1760, 122K)

sounds like a garbled mess of shit.
that's why i use windows

systemctcl enable
if you want it to start at boot

sounds like the whole of linux

because openrc is so much better. *sigh* I'll be waiting for the init freedom folks to make that super better init system that everyone can switch to, but my guess is it'll be a disjointed mess since it's not a unified system like openrc.

*systemd

>There is NOTHING wrong with GNU/kFreeBSD
What about the admitted and established fact that it never fully worked and isn't supported anymore?
debian.org/ports/kfreebsd-gnu/