Mini-ITX

>He doesn't have a Mini-ITX case
explain yourself

Attached: 91egUhloTQL.jpg (2560x2323, 882K)

Other urls found in this thread:

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2300-vs-AMD-Athlon-200GE/m291vsm592714
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't have a small penis and I am not a poorfag.

i do its shitty i got it because i was poor

imagine trying to mount a full size graphics card in that

Attached: alex-litvin-790876-unsplash.jpg (4371x2418, 1.98M)

Because you're literally paying more for less. Just get a micro ATX and be done with it.

Why don't you like it user?

>Buying a shit mini-itx case
Given that you can fit multiple 3.5" drives, and a full size video card in sub 6 litres and in a form factor you can rest your main monitor on, why are you even bothering with this cube shit?

Which case do you recommend then?

Micro ATX motherboards have poor options for overclocking. I doubt it's much better with mini ATX.

I'd love to build a small form pc but theres not a single case I like

I use a short depth 1U server chassis and a DC to DC-atx converter instesad of the normal flex PSU for extra space.
Just tape some drives down in the freed up space to have even more, and most have a horizontal expansion slot ready for a video card + riser.
The low volume means you really don't need much CFM to get the same airflow per cross-sectional area as a full 40L case with the normal trash 30-40cfm fans.

>He DOES have a Mini-ITX case
explain YOURself, since it seems like you're the odd one out here

I put something together using this case and I like it.

i have an xl-atx case because I'm a proper PC builder.

>3.5" drives
>2019

Attached: 1431038158232.gif (297x212, 473K)

I really want to build a bunch of small and cheap desktops as of lately. The torture that I went through over the years of using windows on walmart laptops vs the performance I recently got from installing linux on them is amazing. It's a new fetish of mine to run linux on something crappy to make it work perfectly fine. I get a smug feeling in my tummy.
That being said, I want to create some kind of an underground internet cafe. A place where autistic people hang out.

>mini-ITX
I'd would buy an ITX case if it could fit more than 8 HDDs.
Well, mITX motherboard don't even have enough SATA ports.

Attached: Not enough HDDs.jpg (724x720, 179K)

I want dat big boi case

>his case can't do both

pic related but not mine.

Attached: 87a.jpg (1083x1049, 234K)

its cramped so component upgrades are a pain

I'd like a case like that as long as it'd be cheap. So far cubes are cheaper for mitx builds than thin or desktop cases.

I'm looking for one that'd let me for a 5" drive into it and 3 x 3" HDDs. I'm already sold on the idea of a small case, over vibrating box that's half empty inside.

>he doesnt have the best SFF case

Attached: Ash_887cc24d-9679-4b18-b7ef-8adae180d420_550x825.png (550x550, 98K)

Got a CM Elite 110.

If all goes well I'll get a nice AMD mITX for Zen 2 some time in the future.

Definitely don't need more than 2x2TB SSDs. Heck, even that might be too much. All my media is stored on my NAS like a normal person.

>spent five solid minutes maneuvering a three-slot 2080 into a packed micro ATX case
I don't know if I could work with anything smaller my current case (Lian-Li PC-A04).

bigger is cheaper and i need more than 1 hard drive

>he only has 1 expansion slot
LOL

she*

matx is better

Attached: C55743CA-DD60-4437-A161-2EFDC6837E04.jpg (4032x2512, 3.1M)

Most make shitty Nas boxes.

>spending extra for NAS
Not sure if normie would do that.

It's worth the investment, and since you don't need powerful components it's not really that expensive. Only thing you don't skimp on is the drives.

Is this the 200 dollar one all those zoomers on Jow Forumsbuildapc are sperging out over

>buy mini itx
>need to buy 2x8GB ram sticks
>programs crashes left and right
>run memetest64 for 40 hours with zero errors
>go back to ATX with 4x8GB sticks
>no crashing of programs

fuck mini itx

nice dubs. I'm doing the smal network. too. Mostly to pentest the shit out of it.

Attached: 1557399046516.jpg (900x600, 100K)

Genuinely laughed.

NAS only worth if that media is shared. For personal usage, I don't see the benefits of having 2 devices running at the same time.

Well, I like to have TBs of data available even if I'm on vacation. It's convenient.

Matx and itx are so cute but I rarely lan and would rather bring my big rig to that and ain't tight on space
Wish I had money back in peak 90s-00s lans when I was a dumb kid teenager

matx is vastly superior

Attached: 20170329_145351.jpg (2500x2336, 3.39M)

I don't have mini-ITX motherboard. Also, it's harder to organize airflow in some small cases, and very painful to replace anything - you might need to take out a few neighboring components to get to the one you need.

Explain again why I need to spend more cash to buy a smaller case that fit less stuff to save a square feet that I don't need?

I had one, but I grew out of the "COMPUDA HAS 2 BE SMALL" when I stopped being a retarded college kid who had to bring his "POWEFUL COMPUDA" back home for christmas and summer holidays.

The only people who obsess over mini-itx (and computer building in general) are people with too much time on their hands and for some reason have the need to blow money on things that are completely unecessary, probably because they have no other obligations in life and dont really value money.

I like good thermals and multiple hdd's

This.

Notice how all IT-professionals don't obsess over hardware? Only retarded teenagers and manchildren on youtube do.

I switched from ATX to microATX and I realized wasting more money on muh minimalism was retarded

Because you need to spending more on NAS.

same

Because I need space for pic related and a GPU with a triple slot cooler.

Attached: NH-D15.jpg (3000x1688, 489K)

>Mini-ITX case
>it's actually huge

i wanted to buy a carbide air 240 a month ago

and now it seems the price has skyrocketed

but I do!

Attached: 1530846046558.jpg (3264x2448, 2.69M)

does the size of the exhast fan match the case's exhast hole or are you using a fan that's too big for it?

Attached: 143897751462.png (674x666, 461K)

probably because less people buy smaller cases. so you don't save money by economy of scale.

>mini
>can't fit in my anus
for what purpose

I have that exact case. It's running proxmox, which is hosting a mixed AD/freeIPA environment. That way, I can run everything.

Attached: IMG_20181029_220917.jpg (4032x3024, 3.25M)

My IT professional actually does obsess over hardware but is such a drooling retard that he is about 5-10 years behind. He was telling me the other day about how amazing SSDs are and how he's going to replace the HDDs in his home office machines with them.

This specific case is a garbage. I had haswell i3 build in it, this shit ran at 75C with 92mm cooler since you cannot fit 120 tower cooler and stock 200mm fan in the front is extremely loud. Repurposed it into mini home server with 7w passively cooled cpu.

I have a Fractal Design Node 304.
I will sell it for $50 any NYC user with a 500W Corsair PSU included.

not him, but it's one of Noctua's proprietary mounting hole fans which are 150mm spec but use 120mm mounting holes

i have two

one even has a computer in it

I went the opposite route and realized an ATX sized PC was way too fucking big for my needs. Settled for mATX and am now exploring ITX simply because I don't need all those extra PCI or RAM slots.

Because bigger is better.

Attached: servershy.jpg (667x1000, 333K)

I don't live in a shoebox and tower cases are by far the most convenient and versatile. I don't autspergically resent having more choices.

If I want a tiny ass computer I would get an SBC.

I have this exact case sitting right next to my monitor right now, supppppper comfy.

I have 11 3.5" bays in my current case and it's still not enough.

Look up Asrock Deskmini or Intel NUC.

I do. Frankly, I wish I would've gone smaller on the CPU cooler, as it would've allowed me to get a smaller case.

Attached: lanbox.jpg (2961x3085, 2.77M)

>cuckbox
no thanks

It's a nice idea, but that 240 mm rad will barely handle 2 250 TDP gpus under load. Even at stock with a 65 tdp cpu at like 50% load, fans will spin be over 1750 rpm.

I tried to buy one of these but they were out of stock so I'm still using my massive black steel Corsair monolith

>He doesn't have the same computer since 2012 but with new parts
Still running an i5-2300 here

I'm trying to make the jump but I can't find good 1151 ITX mobos. AM4's ones are often on sale nowadays but Zen 2 is just around the corner so I guess it will have to wait.

have had a silverstone sg05 since 2007, the psu still works like a charm. i can install 5*2.5in ssds and a vega56 in it if i switch the psu, but i don't game so there's that.

why do you torture yourself

cpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Intel-Core-i5-2300-vs-AMD-Athlon-200GE/m291vsm592714

Mini-ITX is for poor faggots that can't afford standing desks which have plenty of room for an under-desk mounted full ATX case.

Doesn't fit an ATX board. DUH

Not sure, but it's $250 not $200. The case is mediocre, get the Dan A4 or Ncase M1 instead.

t. Ghost S1 owner

>least supported format
>good

As an idea, but all the matx mobo are flawed and there's no options. Unless you're the type of guy who thinks all mobo are the same.

is mjolnir

Attached: 49ADA02F-0987-4764-8C4F-20AC64D6D04D.png (2141x1513, 1.05M)

>having HHDs and not SSDs

Mini ITX is the future, 8 bays for 3.5" drives in 2019 is ridiculous

Attached: 89gktfq8f0g21.jpg (4032x3024, 1.09M)

>no noise damping
yikes

Why would I? Also, led and window fags need to kys.

still using a C2Q from 2008

How often are really upgrading components though? Once or twice a year? Cmon user, no need to compensate

>3.5" drives
Yeah what about it?

Attached: wdc_ultrastar_he14.jpg (478x650, 29K)

>paying more for less
This is why I don't understand mech keyboardfags who prefer TKL or 60%, especially when they're sold as a premium over regular full sized boards.

>Intakes downward

What is thermal-dynamics

i have four Hard drives and four SSD's

Something that doesn't really matter much when you've got fans

>want to build a new, smaller desktop
>all new processors require Windows 10
I guess I'm not upgrading.

Attached: 1514573520161.jpg (716x716, 170K)

I hate how bloated Windows 10 is as the next guy, but the countless quality-of-life improvements outweigh clinging to old technology.

No processor requires Windows 10.

not a loser

>ads in the OS
>telemetry that can only be disabled by downloading shady "patches"

Intel 9th gen processors do because Microsoft kills Windows Update if you have it.

any Thermaltake Suppressor F1 bros here?

>just stream everything bro

>Intel 9th gen processors do
No, older Windows versions may not work but that doesn't mean the processors require Windows 10. Many people use them just fine without any Windows version at all.

>mini-itx
>it's an 8"x8" cube of dead space
>mini

the fuck is a HHD

Attached: 1549499066870.jpg (540x960, 103K)