Are there any legitimate negative consequences to allowing online services to harvest your data despite just feeling...

Are there any legitimate negative consequences to allowing online services to harvest your data despite just feeling uncomfortable about it?

Attached: 1555270286281.png (864x1095, 1006K)

bump

As long as you don't mind getting your identity stolen.

It's a question of "should I give all of my car/house/etc keys to this guy who also holds everyone else's keys, given that he probably dislikes or hates me, has enough clout to get away with almost anything, but hasn't done anything too bad to abuse his power... so far?"
Unless you're conforming to all the latest fashionable political views, he probably does hate you. You don't even have to be Jow Forums-tier full14/88, just against the whole tranny and faggot pushing, or against pajeets and other low-IQ immigrants flooding your country in bulk, or something like that.

Right now, there are unlikely to be consequences. Most of the time people get doxxed, it's from posting their info themselves, not a corp cooperating. But you give them your data, and they have it forever. Why would you do that? If in 15 years China-style social scoring is finally implemented, would you really want to make sure they have as accurate a score as possible right from the get-go, using years of chat logs and behavioural data?

Ah yes I remember those times Microsoft and Google committed identity theft. It was all over the news, they had to shut the companies down and arrest all the employees

that would only happen if you gave your info to someplace shady though, large corporations wouldn't be able to get away with that.
this guy gets it.

1)
>you don't even have to be pol tier
>proceeds to list off pol tier opinions

2) china style social scoring wouldn't be able to just slip by, there would be a massive uproar and everyone would know about it

3) if you don't want them to collect your behavioural data or record what you type in their apps you can usually switch that off in the settings

Please don't shitpost using my wife, thanks

i don't even know what her name is, i just found her when browsing around here one day

More than half of population is for stronger borders. I would be very surprised if at least third of the population doesn't get annoyed by trannies. Are they all Jow Forums?

>Microsoft or Google suffer data breach
>all your personal info is leaked
>some pajeet steals your identity using the leaked info
You're not cute by pretending to miss the point.

1) this is an extremely unlikely scenario
2) of all the multi-billions of users microsoft and google have, it's very unlikely that your information specifically would get picked
3) i wasn't trying to be cute baka >//

It opens the door for sketchy shit depending on the depth.

One question would be, if a company cooperates with the government, would they need a search warrant to pull all your info?
It's the classic, everyone is guilty if you look hard enough. I'm sure if I looked at everything you did on Jow Forums I'd see some pizza somewhere along the line simply because we've almost all been to /b/ or /a/ and people post things that could get us in deep shit for one reason or another.
So if we have no privacy, while your average person might not be hit too hard, itd immediately start getting into fucked up legal grounds (like we've seen already) and undoubtably politicians would start "accidentally" finding out about opposing politicians.

Offhandedly saying you'd be okay with stronger borders and going out of your way to shove it in people's faces is different.

I wouldnt ever say no to having better versions of what we currently have, but I dont think it's a real issue so I'd never really mention a fuckin wall.

>what is identity theft
>what is blackmailing
>what is making your address available to blackmarket hitmen
Also, enjoy 2 kilograms a day worth of advertisement pamphlets at your doorstep.

Attached: 1495142671514.png (512x507, 265K)

It might not be likely with Microsoft or Google specifically, but data beaches happen all the time everywhere else. The point I'm trying to make is that the risk of identity theft for not caring at all about what companies do with your data is a real possibility, and simply saying that you don't think your data is important or that you trust every company to mine and sell everything about you is having the completely wrong attitude.

Imagine if in a couple years in your country somebody that's literally like Hitler wins the elections and they decide to force Google hand over all the user data to find dissidents. Since it's the government asking for it, they have no choice but to comply, just like when FBI asks info on terrorists who upload videos on YT.

What is your political orientation? I don't really care but next time you wake up you may find your head on the cushion next to yours, if you get what I mean. It's not just about physical harm, somebody could decide to start a smear campaign against individuals who have a certain worldview like yours and you'll be socially ruined forever if these people gain access to your data, defamation and what not, you name it and Google can provide it.

Letting companies figure out your weak spot
Allowing them to abuse weak spot
Not living aids free

He did it for (You). Never forgetti.

Attached: edward-snowden-5.jpg (900x750, 112K)

What is even identity theft? How does it work? You guys must be from some retarded countries; I can't fathom how someone could steal my identity unless he did some Mission Impossible shit.

>Are there any legitimate negative consequences to allowing online services to harvest your data despite just feeling uncomfortable about it?
Not really, until something you said 15 years ago becomes retroactive wrongthink and you get depersoned for it.

But I mean, we can just pretend that sort of thing hasn't been happening since humanity first came into existence and didn't happen in Bolshevik Russia, Nazi Germany, under Pol Pot, under Mao, under Stalin, and in modern UK, Germany, France, Russia, China, and New Zealand.

It's not a problem until it is

Attached: 1543606786699.jpg (1150x1266, 167K)

>It's not a problem until it is
Bingo

>there would be a massive uproar

Like there was when E. Snowden came out with his whistleblowing?

>how does it work?
Usually someone uses your personal information to buy things and charges your credit card/bank account. There are one or two big profile hacks each year with customer data that gets leaked, so it definitely happens quite frequently.

>and in modern UK, Germany, France, Russia, China, and New Zealand

Something just tells me you are an US-American...

As time goes by the bread and circuses are running leaner and leaner, because the wealthy are taking more and more for themselves. When Snowden dumped that info, the public was still extremely comfortable; 5 years from now, they might not be so sated.

Why do you think there's been such a huge push for armed drones in the past 10 years? When things get bad enough that people start fighting back, they don't want to rely on _people_ in the military to protect them, or to exterminate the undesirables (read: non-wealthy).

All the people arrest for saying anything offensive on social media in the UK

Literal laws that mean you go to prison if you question a very special example of genocide around the 1940s in much of Europe

Russia and China for obvious reasons

>Literal laws that mean you go to prison if you question a very special example of genocide around the 1940s in much of Europe

Do I need to point out to you why this is a good thing?

Stealing identities is easier than what you think, they do it in order to scam other people most of the times, also illegal websites use stolen identities as registrant too. Some web services and even IRL services sometimes don't require much verification of your identity as long as it looks legit, like the land register service for example. My first job was related to it and I remember how easy it was to access and modify informations, even in modern countries sometimes they just ask your paper ID and nothing else, they don't even verify whether the photo matches the ID or whether the ID number is legit, they just pretend because they're lazy wagecucks and even if they actually cared there would be no reliable way to verify in real time, usually scams/frauds are exposed AFTER the thing actually happens.

Rather please point out why no other genocides are so protected? Why are literal governments free to deny their genocides and are STILL being considered for alliance, rather than being immediately denounced and sanctioned?

Reimu

>It's not a problem until it is
This, it's this.
People giving away their literal genes to some company are going to get anally fucked in the coming years. The worst part is having family members doing this shit, you're not safe at all if at least one of them goes for it.

Yeah, your online identity allows them to influence your thoughts and feelings by controling the thongs that you perceive.