Distro for those who like to get work done

Distro for those who like to get work done.

Attached: images.jpg (225x225, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/links
apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/pymol
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fuck sorry wrong image

Attached: https___blogs-images.forbes.com_gordonkelly_files_2018_01_Screenshot-2018-01-11-at-02.15.14.png (1280x868, 199K)

yes good distro

Attached: nice.jpg (600x525, 79K)

>work
Show us your paycheck.

Fuck sorry wrong image

Attached: IMG_20190512_164801.jpg (882x823, 209K)

Daily driver, five years and running.

ah, that's cute.

That's the wrong gentoo emblem.

A fedora is a working man hat, not that disgusting combination of a fat dicklet with a brimlet.

Attached: indiana-jones-fedora-crushable-wool_indiana-jones_gallery_5c4e15f485b74.jpg (800x600, 54K)

i dont give a shit about work, i like to rice

based

>gnome
>work

>work done
>breaks with upgrades, slow performance overall
Nah I'll be using superior Debian while you guys do the beta besting for everyone.

If its good enough for Linus Torvalds its good enough for me.

>t.purple haired tranny
see

Your employer is running Gentoo and laughing at your wagecuck "work" distro

Are you implying fedora doesn't have tranny haired cunts? They're everywhere in burgerland.

Attached: debstab.png (1500x2122, 181K)

>working man
Subhuman IQ 60

>Lubuntu
Comes with all absolute necessary stuff while keeping the bloat low. UI is nice and can be adjusted. To relax you can play 2048-qt.

>linux
>work done

Xubuntu or Kubuntu, depending on your hardware.

Attached: 1536510884887.jpg (356x280, 11K)

those with real work like accountants and clerks would use something like xfce, not your toy de

fuck lubuntu and fuck the faggot behind it

more like
>linux
>work

based

Attached: IMG_20190502_215501.jpg (1297x959, 76K)

Yeah dude, kernel developing is way easier than something as complex as being an excel monkey.
Retard.
what's funny is nobody mentioned a DE in specific, what an absolute toddler

Elaborate

This would make a cool logo for Debian stable.

got lxqt boner for whatever reason
protip there's nothing wrong with lxde
and lxqt isn't anything that special
gl posting anything that isn't kissing his ass on any of their blogs

Isn't lxqt still in the beta?

yes that's why there was no reason to rush and put lxqt instead of based lxde

Linux Mint

Attached: Screenshot at 2019-05-12 12-29-43.png (756x588, 118K)

maybe, sort of, prolly not rly, idk
tried it or part of it some time ago, it was ok but nothing to lose your head over

So I just got a surface pro for work

Should I put fedora or centos on it?
I'm worried with fedora I'll be spending too much time updating it to be on the bleeding edge when all I need is a linux distro that works

now that's what I call bait

>protip there's nothing wrong with lxde
It's not supported anymore.
>and lxqt isn't anything that special
It's basically LXDE+.
Lubuntu is for fags though, yeah.

>I'm worried with fedora I'll be spending too much time updating it to be on the bleeding edge
Enough with this bullshit meme. Fedora is not "bleeding edge"

The problem is that there are packages in Fedora that are abandoned. I filed big reports but no one gives a shit. Even debian supports their packages much better than Fedora does.

I used fedora until Fedora 15 (gnome 3), after that, every time that i tried it, it would break. Recently i decide do give a chance to Fedora 29. Pretty good. Using it right now.

such as?

>It's not supported anymore.
wrong
>It's basically LXDE+.
wrong

Is there any reason to upgrade 29->30 right now?

Small brain: Fedora
Medium brain: Fedora Rawhide
Big boy brain: Fedora Silverblue

basically just gnome, compilers, and glibc.
fedora 29 should be about the same otherwise

as much as I shill it I just broke an optimus installation with it, I fucked something

NEW SHINY GNOME THEME

Agreed.

>gnome
That's a hard pass.

Attached: 1553775702046.png (680x218, 616K)

links: apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/links

pymol: apps.fedoraproject.org/packages/pymol

current links is 2.19, and debian buster will ship with 2.18. Fedora has 2.17. Current pymol is 2.3 and debian buster will ship with 2.2. Fedora has 2.1.

I've grown to like vanilla Gnome and I can get work done with it. Ubuntu's Gnome is unusable trash. I feel like Canonical doesn't even use their own Gnome spin.

yeah, I don't get the point of having a bar wasting so much space. and the theming is unsightly

/thread

Their dock extension is pure cancer. It shows windows from all virtual desktops and rearranges the list depending on what you used last.

>Your employer is running Gentoo
No employer anywhere does this. Unlike a lot of Jow Forums, I actually have a job, and in the literal datacentre where I work and provide unironically thousands of servers, I think we might have two that run Gentoo, and these are used by companies that also have normal servers with non-autistic operating systems for the majority of their work.

Ask yourself this: why would any company use an operating system nobody uses? Imagine not being able to hire any new employees because nobody has ever heard of Portage. You'd just use Yum like a normal person, wouldn't you?

Fedora updates are optional. If you don't want them, just don't install them. You can go a full year between updates if you like.

fedora, upgrade with the --security flag it gives you just enough upgrades to be secure. It can give you 13 months before going to the next release with a system upgrade

>installs some bullshit while you are rendering something
Windows is not for work

linux mint pray thread

Been using Fedora on my surface pro for years with only minor problems, so I can recommend that. Basic touch works but it's a pain without an external keyboard. Fedora 30 doesn't work though. The screen gets extremely shaky, it's unusable

>Immutable Flatpak OS that requires reboots to update
>Rawhide which is about as stable as a 600lb manlet on a folding chair

Attached: egtG3RY.png (600x750, 87K)

Attached: trillby mctip.webm (1920x800, 1.6M)

tfw debian buster iso with LXQt desktop exists and lubuntu becomes useless

Oh, I don't use Facebook, sorry OP

>black + gold UI
A man of exquisite taste.