Stallman was right

Stallman was right

twitter.com/KupoGames/status/1126905276693667841

Attached: 1527660497569.png (594x682, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/KupoGames/status/1126905276693667841
affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/desktop/
affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/desktop/
affinity.serif.com/en-us/publisher/
blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Organization
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>twitter.com/KupoGames/status/1126905276693667841
Adobe now apparently has a cancellation fee costing half a year's worth of subscription cost.

>Paying monthly AIDSDOBE tax

TOP KEK

>lol why wouldnt you upgrade
>because newer versions are slower, and have removed i need
>you dont need those features

>mu i like how adobe does things, i was trained like that
Inst enough to be a wage slave that you have to pay to even work?

Was there ever a doubt?

Not surprising.

Attached: autumn maki.jpg (2280x3107, 1.69M)

Jesus fucking Christ

>and what features necessary for your job were removed?
>...well, some obscure feature in air, I kinda used it...
>that feature is...?
>...

Only uninformed/dishonest people disagree with Stallman on software and corporations in (- 2020 1).

once again, who is surprised?

Attached: 1529320360992.jpg (1200x1488, 1.15M)

>getting tricked into upgrading
>paying again

add every Adobe-related URL to your hosts file

>twitter.com/KupoGames/status/1126905276693667841
export to flash features i guess

>1984 plus 35 in the year of our lord
>not realizing that Stallman is ALWAYS right
Not gonna make it

Attached: cute-rms-feet.jpg (450x600, 102K)

he's a pretty cool dude who doesnt afraid of much but i wouldn't say his track record is impeccable.

I don't understand, did his licence expire? If he paid for a year of version X and now they're saying ok you're done, now pay for a year of version Y it's shitty but not theft

Jow Forums has convinced me that proprietary software is aids.

they (adobe) are saying "you paid for 2018, now its 2019, you cant use 2018 anymore (its illegal [licensing]) now upgrade to 2019 despite it being worse for your situation"

no, the quoted tweeter continues to pay in 2019 but wants to use 2018 if that makes any sense (wants to use an outdated version)

this post only makes sense for some garbled definition of 'upgrade'

I don't know man. I'm an oldfag in the literal sense and I recall clearly from the earliest days of Stallman's notoriety people saying he's out of touch or he's a zealot or he's just flat wrong when he'd start preaching about some subtle unintended consequence that nobody but him could see. Then years later we find out he was the prescient one all along. Nobody bats a thousand but few can boast the track record of RMS.

>no, the quoted tweeter continues to pay in 2019 but wants to use 2018 if that makes any sense (wants to use an outdated version)
that's really not something to REEEE about, I mean I hate "software as a service" especially software that's 100% client side but Adobe is hardly a pioneer here (or so I think)

i think rms's blog post re: aborting those who test positive for downs syndrome assumes that those living with downs syndrome feel a certain way about their existence (i.e.that they are a burden), and i dont know that rms or i are qualified to speak on behalf of those living with downs syndrome.

thanks for your input, adobe inc. ;)

whether or not you agree with adobe's practices (you do) this thread is about how rms called the fact that this will happen when you mix SAAS and proprietary software.

furthermore if it was libre software he could just like, compile the old version and continue to pay adobe yearly for 'support' and suck up the fact that the support wouldnt apply to an outdated product?

That implies he was ever wrong.

>muh strawmans and projections

>>... when carrying a fetus that is likely to have Down's syndrome, I think the right course of action for the woman is to terminate the pregnancy
>> I don't advocate making rules about the matter, but I think that doing right by your children includes not intentionally starting them out with less than that.
>>... when children with Down's syndrome are born, that's a different situation. They are human beings and I think they deserve the best possible care.
how can one human bean be so based?

Attached: downSyndromeTesting.jpg (1387x1113, 608K)

Come home.

>Photoshop alternative
affinity.serif.com/en-us/photo/desktop/

>Illustrator alternative
affinity.serif.com/en-us/designer/desktop/

>InDesign alternative
affinity.serif.com/en-us/publisher/

>Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition & Speedgrade alternative
blackmagicdesign.com/products/davinciresolve/

Attached: affinity-suite.png (1448x1024, 144K)

OH NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>"buying" SaaS in the year of our lord 2007+12
What the actual fuck

in the link he explains he needs flash

it's the 1960s-1980s all over again. these faggots want us to go back to days of timeshared bullshit.

I'm still on CS6. I refuse to ever pay for SaaS shit so what benefit would I get by using Affinity's programs over either PS or Illustrator?

He really goes above and beyond for every topic. God, I love this man. And this only makes sense - why would you willingly give birth to a child who will suffer? As long as the procedure is done before the 12-16th week or so, there's no murder involved.

Is this even legal? The guy is from Europe, there are strong consumer protection laws against these kind of unfair contract terms there.

> please be aware that should you continue to use the discontinued version(s), you may be at risk of potential claims of infringement by third parties
If it were me getting this letter, I'd ask them to clarify what they mean by "third parties" and state that I have no interest in upgrading, will continue to use the software as per normal and that they should launch legal action against me in my country of origin if they don't like it. I will sit back and watch them do nothing as the costs of any legal action in another country would cost them a fucking fortune. these threats are completely meaningless and designed to scare people into upgrading. it's absolutely appalling.

|
>
|

Attached: jews_0.png (518x767, 301K)

I'm sure SaaS is part of the plan the elders of Zion made up.

Attached: 1555410133262.png (546x700, 322K)

>thinkink "the jews" still means what it used to mean

Go back to your containment board and talk to your only ally the horse fuckers.

good. The more this happens the more people will see how services are just scams. I hope they forcefully remove the program and delete files, brick computers, and sue people who don't upgrade.

>2019
>still shilling proprietary software

well, yeah

if anything, adobe is shooting themselves in the foot

What else is there?
GIMP?
ImageMagick?

Attached: D5-4zGCU0AALvX2.jpg (600x445, 52K)

I've been using both Photoshop and GIMP for almost 15 years. GIMP still has a long way to go. As it stands now, it's just not happening for me. It still can't even edit rotated text without losing the rotation.

>It still can't even edit rotated text without losing the rotation.
Tell me you are fucking kidding me. Tell me that is a lie and not the absolute fucking state of GIMP.

I'm afraid so, my friend. I'm afraid so.

If you try to edit text that has been rotated or modified with another tool like the perspective tool or the shear tool, it gives you this message. If you click edit, it will revert back to the way it was before then. Basically you have to do it all over again every time you want to change the text.

Attached: gimp-editing-rotated-text.png (1671x900, 159K)

How is that not top priority to fix?

I don't see anything about a fee in the tweet?

Install gentoo

if some slav can make a browser based photoshop clone, why can't we get a decent fucking open source photo editor already?

Attached: Screenshot_20190512_145835.png (1159x823, 99K)

I'd tell you I use arch but x broke again

Stallman and the FSF are many unsavory things, but misguided is not one of them, nor has it ever been.

Attached: 1557698596872.jpg (800x533, 79K)

framebuffers are overrated anyway.

Attached: Untitled.png (800x800, 283K)

>hand over company to pajeets
>surprised it turns to shit

Call me when GIMP figures out adjustment layers, layer styles or has any significant amount of non destructive editing in general. Being able to make basic shapes within the program itself without an interface that looks it was ripped out from the 90s would be nice too, as would be some vector tools beyond the current lineup.

Based and GIMPilled

The only people who bring up Gimp as a serious alternative to PS are ones whose only experience with image editing is image macros. I'm not a professional but at one point I was spending 10+ hours a week in GIMP and after a taste of photoshop I never looked back, that shit practically reads your mind with how intuitive it is to use. Practically cried tears of joy first time I saw smart guides

GIMP is not an alternative. GIMP is a nice program, Photoshop a freedom denying alternative you should avoid.

>rent someone's intellectual property
>they want to make modifications to it
>you won't let them even though it belongs to them
>they "evict" you from it
>you are surprised

Attached: 1511796055019.png (245x206, 6K)

Yeah sure whatever kiddo, call me when GIMP can rotate fucking text.

Gimp is a freedom abiding program that denies my sanity. Maybe in another 5 years they'll get their shit together but in the meanwhile it just isn't worth it. Not like I'm paying for Adobe either

You don't seem to understand. Even if GIMP had only the featureset of MSPaint, I'd still prefer it to proprietary garbage and you should too, unless you love slavery.

>thinking "intellectual property" exists
brainwashing exists

Attached: 1540632803245.jpg (645x729, 42K)

>lain reference and ramblings about slavery because something doesn't fit the autistic world view of a fat fuck that didn't do anything noteworthy in this millennium.
Wow what a great argument! I and thousands of people all over the world that use PS and co daily should willingly cripple themselves to appease the ramblings of some cunt on a Polynesian Hard Drive Recovery Discussion.

Careful with that idea, I have a copyright on it.

heh... nothing personal

Attached: Untitled-1.png (450x224, 70K)

>hurr i can't see it therefore it can't be owned
>i don't care if you invented it, its MINE!!!1!!!1!
>durrrrr gib me dats

Attached: qwe_download.png (645x729, 82K)

this

stallman just described the elephant in the room
anyone with a brain can see it

Attached: 1556541290781.jpg (1080x1331, 132K)

So they're an idiot, thanks for the explanation.

you can always help improve the software in your free time you know

You have it backwards. Using PS is willingly crippling yourself. See OP pic for a demonstration as to why.

GIMP is primarily a raster editor. I'm sure they wouldn't mind having better vector editing support but that isn't a priority right now. If you want to see features added to GIMP, consider donating to them, or try adding them yourself, or hire someone to do it for you. If you are poor then you can pool your money with some other anons.

>someone's intellectual property
I never agreed with there being a defined boundary for "intellectual property" in society and neither did majority of the common people, it was a literal greenlighting of monopolies imposed by the british empire that somehow managed to evolve to the global tumor of the size it is right now, through shit like en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Intellectual_Property_Organization which is basically impossible to be overturned at this point regardless of what any independent nation decides to do

>Using SaaS is willingly crippling yourself.
There fixed that for you. Now instead of shilling for a dead image editor why don't you follow your own advice and make it fucking usable?

How can you not agree with it? If you invent something, you should have exclusive rights to it, that's just common sense. Just because the resource isn't physical doesn't mean you don't own it, thinking is a labor and intellectual property is the fruit of that harvest.

be optimistic fren

a patent just last 20 years so technologies become "free" in no more than 20 years

the trick is then to defeat proprietary software that "changes" every year

>Flash in 2019
He had it coming.

I won't because I am not an artist and therefore don't use graphics programs regularly. So GIMP not having text vectors isn't a concern of mine. If you are an artist, then you should take some responsibility for the features you want instead of trying to pressure others into doing it for you, nobody is going to guess exactly what your requirements are.

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 00.54.37.png (1112x1270, 501K)

Wait, so let me get this straight?
Adobe is sending out notices that you need to stop using software you've paid for, otherwise they will sue you for infringement.

But in order to stop continue paying for software you no longer can use, you need to pay an exit fee?

Attached: rms-interject.jpg (333x365, 96K)

And you expect artists to fix or to pay for a program to be fixed that is utterly useless at it's only purpose when compared to the alternative?
I'm sure you also believe $currentYear is the desktop loonix of the year™

ya'll are bickering over silly things.
how about:
- use GIMP if you can stand it
- otherwise use a cracked PS
everybody wins, Adobe loses

>But in order to stop continue paying for software you no longer can use, you need to pay an exit fee?
You can get annual plan, paid monthly-plan for $52.99/mo, or monthly plan for $79.49/mo.

No you shouldn't. That is imperialist nonsense. Patents on inventions exist to encourage people to disclose things to the public. That is their purpose. The temporary monopoly is the not the reward.

For more reasoning, consider that in many cases different people have invented the same thing at more or less the same time, in completely different areas of the world. Granting 100% profits to the person who raced to the patent office first and the other person 0% makes no sense at all.

Why should you pay anything when OTHER PARTY is cancelling the subscription?

>If you invent something, you should have exclusive rights to it, that's just common sense
Not at all. Whenever I want to copy a file that I have legally bought, and give it to my friend without harming a single organism or anyone's resource base in the process, I am technically a criminal. This means that in order to uphold that guy's pretentious claim that he owns every form of this specific arrangement of information in the universe, I need to yield my personal physical right of my HDD and how I'm able to use it in favor of his virtual right of information, which is fucking retarded.

Then comes the problem of not even copying it but bruteforcing it and ending up with something very close to it, or in few decades, using an AI to produce it from scratch. Am I a thief then as well? Is it legal for me to freely share the identical copy that my own AI produced from scratch?

IP laws are outdated bullshit and you know it. They were made with the intent to push national monopolies and they still server exactly that reason, which is why everything in the IT sector is monopolized by the handful of companies at the top

Just use Krita

>But in order to stop continue paying for software you no longer can use, you need to pay an exit fee?
Yes, it's a quite standard thing for long term contracts. You get a cheaper fee if you underwrite that you'll pay for a certain amount of time and if you want to cancel it midway you have to pay up, depending on how many months are left from your contract.
The question is if his contract specified that he is required to upgrade the software or not. If it specified that he has to then he got dun goofed hard.

Yes I do expect artists to pay for the programs they use or spend time making changes to them themselves, just like they pay for Photoshop. GIMP has a cost too. It's free as in freedom, not price.

>the alternative
Photoshop is not an alternative, it's nonfree and requires users to become slaves to Adobe.

>the desktop loonix of the year™
Windows and Mac are nonfree and are totally unusable by anyone who disagrees with their license terms. So if there was no GNU/Linux or other free as in freedom OS then I would advise against using a desktop computer altogther.

piracy does not have this problem.

Attached: szm7t379nur21.jpg (534x531, 60K)

>For more reasoning, consider that in many cases different people have invented the same thing at more or less the same time, in completely different areas of the world.
I'll take things that never happened for 800 Alex.
And to counter your "example" with a real world example do you seriously think a single pharma company or whoever else would put literally billions into the arduous process of developing, producing, and then testing a new vaccine/painkiller/whatever in costly medial trials if literally anyone and everyone could just copy the results at a cost of 0.00€/$/Indian Rupees and make insane profits off the work of someone else that couldn't even hope to make back a tiny fraction of the costs that went into developing said medicine?
Are you really that blinded by a retarded ideology? Or are you simply clinically brain dead?

But isn't it Adobe that is terminating the contract in this case? Then why should he pay anything?

Has he ever denounced circumcision? He is Jewish so it would be up his alley to speak about it, I feel like such a fragrant violation of rights deserves a response.

daily reminder that people by a large margin still debate whether pic related was right and the only counter ever used is "he is a terrorist" which is like "he is a racist" - it does not counter his ideas, it just shows that the ideas are not popular.

Attached: 1_ZJa7WODazNmqSBKRSI-SDg.jpg (910x644, 126K)

Attached: Screenshot 2019-05-13 at 01.11.00.png (1702x248, 77K)

>the only counter
Yeah, if you refuse to accept that "I don't want to fucking live in a pre-industrial anarchy" is a valid counter, sure.

>dont have a strong opinion on literally mutilating kids

Dirty kike