/pcbg/ - PC Building General

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
pcpartpicker.com/user/pcbg/saved/
>How to assemble a PC
youtube.com/watch?v=69WFt6_dF8g

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

CPUs based on current pricing:
>Athlon 200GE - HTPC, web browsing, bare minimum gaming (can be OC'd on most mobos with the right BIOS)
>R3 2200G - Recommended minimum gaming
>R5 2600/X - Great gaming or multithreaded use CPUs
>i7 9700K - Extreme solution for absolute max FPS
>R7 2700/X - VM Work / Streaming / Video editing

RAM:
>Always choose at least a two stick kit; 2x 8GB is recommended
>CPUs benefit from high speed RAM; 3200CL16 is ideal
>AMD B and X chipsets and Intel Z chipsets support XMP

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570 8GB - good performance with great value
>GTX 1660 - standard
>RTX 2060 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
1440p
>RTX 2060 - standard
>RTX 2080 - high framerates (requires complementary CPU and monitor)
2160p (4K)
>RTX 2080 - standard
>RTX 2080Ti - better fit for 4K but expensive

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Previous:

Attached: pstest-2.jpg (320x320, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/
rentry.co/pcbg-more
slickdeals.net/f/13072333-intel-core-i5-9400f-coffee-lake-6-core-cpu-asrock-b365m-pro4-motherboard-190-4-s-h
pcpartpicker.com/user/Squishyfish/saved/9QBcqs
youtu.be/dCHseyculzM?t=100
pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Photoshop-CC-2018-CPU-Performance-AMD-Ryzen-2-vs-Intel-8th-Gen-1136/
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/dwlh8c0/
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4x8el6/dual_monitors_144hz60hz/
reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/bh63a8/do_144hz_and_60hz_monitors_work_well_together_now/elqua1q/
community.amd.com/thread/186798
pcpartpicker.com/list/bGcpCb
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Non-trolling OP:

>Create a parts list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY
>List your uses e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors include purpose & graphics pairing
>NO Speccy or "bottleneck checkers"

CPUs based on current prices
>R7 2700/X - Best value high-end CPU on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper - HEDT

RAM
>NEVER use only a single stick
>8GB - very light use, and/or if you don't mind closing programs regularly
>16GB - standard amount. If you have to ask if you need more, you don't
>CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2800MHz+ is ideal. Check "more" for true latency formula

Graphics cards based on current pricing:
>Used cards can be had for a steal; inquire about warranty
1080p
>RX 570/580 - value.
>1660 - Slightly better perf for more demanding games on high/maxed 60fps+;
> 1660Ti / 1070 / Vega56 / 2060 - higher framerates
1440p (WQHD)
>1070Ti / Vega - 60-120fps+ in most games on high/maxed
>2070 Overclocked or Radeon VII - Worth considering
>2080Ti - higher framerates
2160p (4k)
>Radeon VII - weaker than 2080ti
>RTX 2080Ti - good, but poor value.

Other
>Consider a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & HDD
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard
>Consider 75hz display minimum; 60hz are old models
>PLAN BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>AIOs don't change the laws of thermodynamics

rentry.co/pcbg-more

>non-trolling OP

>posts the 9900k over the 9700k despite having almost no quantifiable performance difference in gaming.

wewlad, you're just trying to meme people into thinking they HAVE to spend $500+ on the CPU if they go intel, which is just wrong.

how is this?
Intel Core i5-9400F Coffee Lake 6-Core CPU + ASRock B365M Pro4 Motherboard
$190
slickdeals.net/f/13072333-intel-core-i5-9400f-coffee-lake-6-core-cpu-asrock-b365m-pro4-motherboard-190-4-s-h

Daily reminder to

1) wait for 27th amd at computex announcements before buying new cpus and possibly gpus
2) hoard your samsung b-die ram as its EOL
3) don't use aio's or custom water and get cucked

Attached: 1557103903267.webm (960x544, 2.7M)

Actual non-trolling OP:

>Assemble a part list
pcpartpicker.com/
>Example gaming builds and monitor suggestions; click on blue titles to see notes
>How to assemble a PC

Want help?
>State budget & CURRENCY
>Post at least some attempt at a parts list
>List your uses, e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g., photoediting, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)

General:
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING
>Don't bother buying a new monitor for gaming unless it's 144Hz with adaptive sync
>A 256GB or larger SSD is almost mandatory; consider m.2 form factor
>Bottleneck checkers are worthless

Attached: 1556302888233.webm (270x480, 1.24M)

9900k vs 9700k is a smaller matter of opinion
Recommending 2060 over Vega56 for 1440p, and $750 for a 8Gb of VRAM card for 4K, is blatant trolling because OP is mad no one else wants to post his shitty pcpp lists with garbage like a $550 2200G build when you can get a 2600+RX570 for that.

It's okay for a basic desktop, like if you're just going to use the iGPU.

>2) hoard your samsung b-die ram as its EOL
We have no idea how A-die is going to clock yet.

i'm gonna buy a completely new AMD build right now

what kind of brap simulator is this..

Attached: Brehs+_c0bf5fb425062c67fd6496ea72137a1a.png (280x275, 87K)

Sorry for repeated post, but I posted on old thread after it died:

I need some advice from you guys. I'm thinking about buying an old HP or Dell for turning into a cheap HTPC, which might involve some very light gaming.
Do you guys think their 240W PSUs can take something like a gtx 1050?
Is there any reason for getting a 3rd Gen i5 over a 2nd Gen?

Imagine being this desperate to shill AMD, the brand you're fiercely loyal to.
Imagine being this pathetic.

Building wih a 9400f right now, dgaf if ayyymd announces their cpu in 3 weeks then it actually brcomes available in July at a pricetag $100 more than we are expecting.

I need a computer now not one potentially 10% better 2 months from now if stores arent all sold out.

Good choice considering i5 is much better and cheaper than ryzen for gaming

did the pc died from this?
can this happen to aio or did this happen because baldy didn't tie his pipes together correctly.
n-not like i have an aio or anything, that would be crazy!

nah fuck waiting, they aren't gonna release them soon

I was wondering, if I was to buy some more memory for my computer would it have to be the exact make and model as my original or could it be another?

>P-PLEASE BUY VEGA SIR, PLEASE!

The difference is better frametimes with Ryzen 5.
Even Gamers Nexus recommends the cheaper Ryzen 5 over the 9600k despite lower averages, because frametimes are better.
The 9400 is a lot worse than the 9600k.

But you know this already, and you'll keep shilling that garbage anyway just to troll.

If you're getting i5 for gaming, that's a mistake. No amount of low price makes a poor CPU worth it. You can get a Haswell i5 for cheap too, that doesn't make it good for gaming.

Anything with the same clocks and timings, or same memory dies that you can clock the same.
Fastest stick will downclock to match the slowest.

>9400f
in that case it was over before it began, user

>did the pc died from this?
i dont know

>can this happen to aio
they can leak yeas, I would trust them more than baldy's assembly tho

>baldy didn't tie his pipes together correctly.
yea

rip

>We have no idea how A-die is going to clock yet.
aka they might be worse than b-die

Attached: 5gggg.jpg (1280x720, 160K)

>P-PLEASE BUY 6GB FOR 1440P SIR, PLEASE!
>P-PLEASE BUY 8GB FOR $750 SIR, PLEASE!

I have 1k CAD and I want to upgrade my GPU (1060) for solid 1440p60+fps performance. I also want to get better case fans and a quieter CPU cooler.

what kinda crazy shit can I do with a serial port

First time build to replace a 5yo laptop. I want to use it as a powerful workstation for 3D modeling, video encoding/editing, etc. I won't do much gaming but I want to run VR with it.
Is this alright? I'm planning on buying most of the parts today or the next few days, so I'm not going to wait for any new releases or announcements. Also, I already spent a lot of time researching every part here so I don't want to waste more hours comparing products to save just 20 bucks.
I will probably replace the GPU eventually and add a few more HDDs.

pcpartpicker.com/user/Squishyfish/saved/9QBcqs

Attached: PC_Build.png (1988x1040, 114K)

Get a real case and think about getting the more expensive Asrock board with the 10G Lan port.

are you okay with a cpu release in 2 months that's gonna beat the threadripper and be cheaper?

are you sure that AIO has a large cold plate that coverse entire threadripper IHS?
if not it's gonna have worse cooling
need something large like TR4 liqtech one

So I bought a computer on craigslist so I can have a computer in my workshop and not have to rely on my laptop. It's got a GTX 760 in it, which takes an 8 pin connector. But then PSU only has a 6 pin, the 8 pin connector is an adapter connected to two molexes. How does this work? Each molex onloy has one 12V connector, so one of the 12V into the GPU is only going to be 5V.

It's not a problem, I have a 1050 I'm going to drop in which I can use the 6 pin on the PSU for, but it makes no sense to me that this adapter even exists.

>All of this said, before the AMD fans run to post absolutes about how Ryzen is more “fluid” or “smoother” 100% of the time, note that this is not true in every instance. In many games, as you’ll see today, the 9600K doesn’t have this issue and is technically superior in raw gaming performance. Far Cry seems to be somewhat anomalous in its behavior. That’s not to downplay the issue at all or downplay Ryzen’s positioning, but people often get carried away from a single chart and draw sweeping conclusions that are untrue when considering the broader scope.
Oh look he talks about you. Yep he says 9400f/9600k is generally better so I will buy it :)

>"vram is all that matters!"
Idiot.

Not getting it for gaming, getting it for photoshop. The vast majority of the benefit on photoshop is with 4 cores, 6 cores offers very marginal improvement, like 8%. 8 core, even less.

I have an old 4590 that served me well but the pos asrock mobo died after 3 years.

Would literally rather spend $500 on a better monitor than a better cpu or gpu

This.
Far cry 5 has denuvo which tanks your cpu for telemetry shit. You can pirate this game without denuvo and boost your performance for 20+ fps just like with dmc5

In general, which is better for high end console emulation? Intel or AMD?

eyeing the i5 9400F vs Ryzen 5 2600

My evga takes an 8+8(6+2). A 1050 isnt worth it over a 760.

>"Nvidia is all that matters"
idiot

If anything, Nvidia GPUs shouldn't be recommended at all since they can't fix their issue with stuttering when you have mismatched frequency of monitors lmao

Yeah, like I mentioned, if it's just a basic desktop and non-gaming, 9400 is going to be fine for photoshop as you don't need much of an iGPU for that.
But you can also get a 2400G+board for about $130 which is even cheaper if you go through the hoops of selling the games it comes with.

>If you’re just gaming, the 9600K is often better – but not always, and that inconsistency is the key to our inability to offer a firm recommendation.
You should be a politician with how you'll pick and choose what you want and take it out of context, slimy shill.

Spend a little more for the 2700. It's down to $200 plus the games you can sell.
It's better at PS3 emulation than the 9600k is, let alone a 9400. And pretty much any modern CPU will run the other emulators at 60fps.

>Nvidia GPUs shouldn't be recommended at all since they can't fix their issue with stuttering when you have mismatched frequency of monitors lmao
I've seen people having this prob on amd too. atleast from what they say..

>get a real case
I got the case used a while back because it looked cool and it was 1/7 the price new. Kind of regret it now but I made sure the parts are compatible.
> more expensive Asrock board
Right now that seems like a $150 upgrade, and from what I can find there are only a few differences that I won't make much use of. I don't even have 1G internet yet, but I will soon.

>are you okay with a cpu release in 2 months that's gonna beat the threadripper and be cheaper?
Is that guaranteed? I haven't heard about that. Either way I don't want to wait 2 months.
>are you sure that AIO has a large cold plate that coverse entire threadripper IHS?
It doesn't, but I made my choice based on reviews. People say this AIO cools threadrippers pretty well, while the TR4 liqtech has bad reviews.

9400f has no igpu. I pair it with an old gpu I have.

If the new apus were out already, id stick one in an a300 and have a nice little machine.

He clearly says
>is technically superior in raw gaming performance
and not >Even Gamers Nexus recommends the cheaper Ryzen 5 over the 9600k
like you said, you are the politician here

Please add the 9900K as best high end CPU on a mainstream platform for a price

Thank you. based off what you said though, is the 2600 still better at PS3 than the Intel?

>I've seen people having this prob on amd too. atleast from what they say..
No you haven't. You're just now making that up right now to spread FUD.

Oh, if that's the case there is no point. You can get a 2600+board for the same price by selling the games it comes with.
The two CPUs are roughly identical in single threaded performance, with the 2600 having better multithreading.

Not sure. Check youtube in a common game like Persona 5 or something. I know the 2700X is better than the 9600k at PS3 emulation. Not sure about 2600 vs 9400.
I know the 9600k doesn't even manage 45fps in Persona 3, and the 9400 is going to be worse. But I'd assume the 2600 isn't going to do 60fps, either.

intel is much more better for emulation than ryzen. That's widely known. Do your own research online instead of asking here where the amd shills talk about 1 game they see.

>Is that guaranteed?
nothing is guaranteed but now with ryzen 3000 pretty much guaranteed 12 to 16 cores between 4,2-5ghz are confirmed.... it's gonna both be cheaper and faster unless you need the pcie channels on the threadripper boards

>the TR4 liqtech has bad reviews.
i only see pretty good responses to the Enermax Liqtech TR4 360 regarding it's cooling.. idk famo

>No you haven't. You're just now making that up right now to spread FUD.
no? lol just google the problem
reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/

>That's widely known
No it's not. It's just a meme lie that you spread with no evidence to back it up, and in the face of others showing evidence to the contrary repeatedly that you keep ignoring.

youtu.be/dCHseyculzM?t=100
>muh amazing emulation CPU
>buy intel sub-30fps is all you need!
It's worse than a 2700X, which is the same price or cheaper, yet you will continue to claim it's better.

>no? lol just google the problem
>reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/
That's for Nvidia, you retard.
It even says
>I have ONLY checked on Nvidia cards and this is does not effect amd users

Nobody is buying into your shilling, moron. You're beyond pathetic.

Will do next thread. If I'm not around, you or someone else make sure to.

The AMD shill will definitely try to make the new thread though.

The 8th gen i5s, before overclocking, perform better thsn he 2700 in photoshop. Let alone 9th gen, let alone OC.

pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Photoshop-CC-2018-CPU-Performance-AMD-Ryzen-2-vs-Intel-8th-Gen-1136/

MSI B450 Tomahawk for 110
MSI B450-A Pro for 90
ASRock B450M Pro4 for 83.

I can't choose, which is better? I'm going with a 2600X and barely any other peripherals. People say the Tomahawk is much better for overclocking, but I'm not sure if the 2600X counts for that?

Attached: ¿¿¿¿¿¿¿¿.png (1105x674, 830K)

Puget systems are very limited tests, as many will point out.
There are cases where more threads are better in PS.
Either way, you're hardly going to tell a difference and cheaper is better.

Tomahawk is the best of those. The 1.4v memory voltage limit on the pro4 sucks. I'm not sure about the A Pro.

But is worth the 20 over the -A Pro? People saying these two are very similar.

>much more better

Intelfags can't into grammar confirmed.

They are less similar than a lot of people think.
They are the same PCB layout, but the Tomahawk has better quality components.

Stop role playing, pathetic faggot. 9900k was in the OP already.

What is the cheapest-but-not-shit 2080 I can get?

>Stop role playing
Why do you always say this? Is this how mentally impaired morons like yourself refer to gaslighting/falseflagging?

>That's for Nvidia, you retard.
check around in the comments, retard. radeon users.
or search for another source yourself, or continue shilling

>8Gb VRAM on a supposedly high-end and expensive card
They're all shit, user.
Just get an A-die 2070 and overclock it.

$137 for an open box R 580 8GB GPU (no freebie games to sell) is worth it?

YOU check the comments, retard. It says no such thing.
Even if it did, one person wouldn't be confirmation as it's surely another part of their hardware.
Whereas for Nvidia, there are literally THOUSANDS of posts confirming this issue. Nvidia confirms it, but blames Microsoft.

What the fuck kind of trolling tactic is there when you claim a reddit posts says something, but it doesn't so you claim the comments say something, but it doesn't?

Getting a new one and selling the games is clearly a better deal. That's really simple math, user.

>doesn't make it good for gaming.
Wait, what makes it good for gaming? Spending more money to get lower or the same fps? I mean, with some cheap ram and that i5 you will get the same if not better than a ryzen 5 with some OC and good ram.
I have built PCs for friends who wanted just gayming and gayming+streaming and some for editing and some light gayme, and I only went with Intel with the "only gayming PC" which was cheaper in mobo+cpu+ram than the others (though at thah moment is when the gpu crypto started again and the gpu he wanted wasn't cheap anymore, so I got him a 1060 6gb)

I thought 8GB VRAM was fine for 1440p, which I'm probably going to stay on for the foreseeable future.

You are literally insane, lol. Seek help.

>is blind to when radeon users report same problem
>it's another problem with their rig
just google it and check however many amd gpu users reporting the same problem you want

reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/comments/7h9bnu/psafor_people_with_dual_monitors_with_different/dwlh8c0/
reddit.com/r/Amd/comments/4x8el6/dual_monitors_144hz60hz/

why are you shilling so hard

not that guy but I have a 2080 and am running 1440p
What kinda perfomance you looking for? You want to turn the game on, set it to ultra, and get smooth 144fps? 2080 will do this for any game made before 2015 and most games after as well.
Ubishit games I gotta tweak a few settings to run smoothly, Kingdom come only gets 90ish fps on ultra, (and it has an extreme setting above that).
If you want your socks to be blown off get the 2080ti, I got a deal on my 2080 and will get the 3080meme-I or whatever comes out next if it's a big enough leap.
The 2080 is very cool though, haven't got about 40c except for kingdom come.

I was definitely looking for 100+fps, and I don't mind turning down settings to get 144.

I was just wondering which 2080 I should grab that won't break the bank but won't run like shit either. I'm stuck between EVGA and Gigabyte.

If you turn post processing gay-shit down then your cherry for way above 100fps. I have the strix so can't help you there though.

reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/bh63a8/do_144hz_and_60hz_monitors_work_well_together_now/elqua1q/

community.amd.com/thread/186798

So it seems to be a win10 problem not nvidia or amd specifically. but obviously it's only a nvidia problem right shillman?

>First link, no actual problem.
>Second link, isolated problem not affecting anyone else with the same hardware and was from TWO YEARS AGO
It's still a widespread problem on Nvidia TODAY.
YOU are the one who is shilling with this is the desperate lengths you go to where your own links prove your bullshit statement false.
>FOUR YEAR OLD link
Maybe it was a problem back then on AMD for some, and it's fixed now.

To think those two incidents compare to the thousands of recent incidents with Nvidia GPUs is desperation.

Is 3000:1 contrast ratio worth it over 1000:1? A lot of sources say that 5000:1 over 1000:1 is worth it while 3000:1 is meh.

Used minitool to move some unallocated space on my ssd and extend the OS partition. After restarting to apply the windows updates it shit the bed with "no os found" error. Wiped and reinstalled windows and now it just fucking crashes after I log in.

Did I brick the fucking drive or what?

Why don't you just admit you're wrong?

Oh right, because you're a shill that's putting on a facade pretending to be independent and
>just making honest mistakes
when you're actually desperately trying to justify your misinformation spreading with more misinformation to shill.

Depends it is achieved from local dimming or not.
1000:1 is fine in a well lit room. If you like sitting in the dark, it might not be enough.
Either way, that stat is often fudged and not very meaningful.

>Depends it is achieved from local dimming or not.
>1000:1 is fine in a well lit room. If you like sitting in the dark, it might not be enough.
>Either way, that stat is often fudged and not very meaningful.
So a TN that offers 1000:1 is relatively the same as VA that offers 3000:1?

>First link, no actual problem.
"solving" the issue by installing windows 7
like I said this is a windows 10 problem or not?

>I fixed this issue by installing Windows 7. Once installed, I didn't have to turn off hardware acceleration in chrome, connect my 2nd monitor to my iGPU or lower my monitor to 120hz. Just had to turn off desktop composition in windows 7 and voila.
>I tried all of the above in windows 10 but the stuttering/lag in game while watching something on my second monitor was still very noticeable and I couldn't get past it.
>Until Windows 10 fixes this issue I'm sticking with Windows 7.

>It's still a widespread problem on Nvidia TODAY.
yeah I'm not doubting this is a problem still and thats why im wary that it's a win problem and effects both gpus, you are the one shilling that amd definately doesnt have this problem. im still not convinced

>Maybe it was a problem back then on AMD for some, and it's fixed now.
waiting on source

>To think those two incidents compare to the thousands of recent incidents with Nvidia GPUs is desperation.
maybe because nobody uses amd gpus? aylmaoo

because I belive it's a win 10 problem and not fixed on either companys gpus yet?
and I don't trust a random aymd shill on Jow Forums?
could be.
waiting on links and sources

Also when it crashes it acts like it turned off but the hardware is still on.

>FOUR YEAR OLD link
the shill conveniently dodges 17 day old comment on reddit complaing about same problem.
based

pcpartpicker.com/list/bGcpCb
How does this look, I really want to try out 144hz gaming since I've been playing on sub 60 all my life and never managed to get a 144 monitor before my last computer shat the bed

>So a TN that offers 1000:1 is relatively the same as VA that offers 3000:1?
No because TN has poor color and tonal accuracy

>waiting on source
Source is your own fucking links saying it's only an issue on Nvidia, retard. Literally dozens of people in your own links pointing this out.
People having some issue with AMD is a coincidence of some other configuration/hardware and not an actual AMD issue.

>one dubious post on reddit is the same as THOUSANDS on Nvidia having the issue.
If it was a problem with the RX580 itself, there wouldn't be thousands of AMD users with an RX580 and mismatched frequency monitors not having that issue.
Also that person has a GTX 980 and seems to have just typod.

Retarded shills.

>evo 860 256gb
>evo 860 1Tb
for what reason
>Gigabyte GPU
don't fucking do it what the fuck

I wanna play games 1440p with more than 60fps. Found out that with the rx 2070 you get around 90-100fps with new AAA titles. The 2080 brings you 100 - 130fps.

So I'm not sure if it's worth it to pay more for some more fps. The 1080ti is definitely to expensive for me.

>90% of people use nvidia
>look all the people complaining!
>the other 10% who use AMD complain
>it's just a coincidence for 1 person!

If you just want 60fps, Vega64 Nitro+ is less than $400.
It's only about 4-10% less than the 2070 for a lot cheaper. Half the price of the 2080.

>the difference of 3 versus thousands is only a factor of 10.
YOU ARE THIS FUCKING STUPID. Or at least you pretend to be to troll.

>If you just want 60fps
Sorry for confusing, I meant more than 60fps. I never tried a 1440p 144hz monitor, so I don't know what "feels" the best. Wether it's around 100fps with the 2070 or more with the 2080. But I don't want to play with "only" 60 fps.

>Source is your own fucking links saying it's only an issue on Nvidia
clearly people with amd cards have complained about this exact issue

you/the other shill said:
I'm still waiting for source on this "fix". see how you haven't supplied any yet?

>People having some issue with AMD is a coincidence of some other configuration/hardware and not an actual AMD issue.
LIKE POTTERY. based shilling.
if nvidia report the problem, its a problem with the card. if amd report same problem, its a coincidence and problem with other componenents.

>Also that person has a GTX 980
>people cant own multiple gpus

retarded shills.

My XFX RX580 died suddenly two days ago, and I panic-bought a Nitro+ RX590. I guess I should've waited for the RMA process to start or something. Anyone have experience with XFX RMA'ing? I really should've spent that money towards a new mountain bike or something, but I guess I can still return it to Amazon..

Vega 64 will get you more than 60fps.
4% less than 90 is not 60.

No idea. Just do it quickly and maybe you can get it back within the Amazon return period.

Thoughts on this one?
Ryzen 5 2600
B450 Tomahawk
2x8GB 2666mhz
GTX 1660
Phanteks P400

Will recycle samsung evo 850 and corsair tx650 from my older build.

I wasn't asking the color and tonal accuracy.
I was asking about contrast.
My current TN has very clear motion clarity which I value a lot.
The VA I am looking at are all worse in that department.
Better colors and viewing angle balance it out, but for me to move to a VA I need something more, thus is the contrast difference substantial or not?

How does performance gain actually work when overclocking?
I managed to go from 3900 to 4100 at 1.2875V on my stock 2600. Does that mean that I get exactly 5% more performance? 5% more FPS in (CPU bound) games?

>>the difference of 3 versus thousands is only a factor of 10.
Did you check how much of the market actually uses AMD cards?
FUCK, I bet you think white people crime and black people crime statistic is the same or some shit, even though one population group is a minority and the other is the majority.

Try to get a better ram kit that has faster speed and low CL, unless you know that that kit can OC really good.

Seems fine as long as it's a decent 1660 model. Definitely avoid Gigabyte garbage. And if you plan to overclock the RAM yourself.

VA are known for having much better actual contrast.
Why don't you go in a store which has VA display models and look for yourself?
Or buy one, try it, and send it back if you don't like it. You're asking about subjective shit.

No.
Look at how you do a 20% overclock on a 7700k and often just get 1-5% better performance.
Games are more often bottlenecked by memory latency (and number of cores if needed) more than anything else.

Lol no
More like 2% gains in gaming

Oh, okay. Well, I definitely won't push 4200 then. Thanks.

>Why don't you go in a store which has VA display models and look for yourself?
stores here don't have such option, it's all order online shit.
>Or buy one, try it, and send it back if you don't like it.
That would be a solution but it's too much hassle for me.

So is 3,2Ghz CL16 RAM better than 3Ghz CL15 or not? Because the price is pretty much exactly the same

Stfu you racist piece of shit. AMD is a racist free, divery company. White people are evil and Black people are opressed by the white devils. Fuck off with your white CEO

Read the FAQ link in the non-shitty OP says. It goes over that already.

VA with anti-blur can match/beat TN without it while being better in contrast.
Though I'm not aware of whether or not any VA can have anti-blur enabled with Freesync enabled.

Attached: LG-32GK850G-blur-144Hz.png (1800x800, 605K)

Same latency but the 3200 should be a little better for some reason.

Source: I know literally nothing about this and just watched a LTT video.

I don't know how any of these things work, I wanted a low capacity boot drive and a decent ssd for storing everything else

What are the recommended budget monitors ?

>pcpartpicker.com/list/bGcpCb
>I don't know how any of these things work, I wanted a low capacity boot drive and a decent ssd for storing everything else
Buy the 2700X from Newegg and it comes with a decent 120Gb SSD.
And replace the 860 with an MX500 as it's the same performance for cheaper.
And get Sapphire or Powercolor non-blower GPU.
I'd also get the MSI Optix VA for monitor. It's only a for bucks more for a better monitor.

Fix those things, and the build is fine.

just search 1080p 75hz 4ms ips and you should get some options under $100.