Is there any hope for Linux?

Is there any hope for Linux?

Attached: 1557674464559.jpg (1024x768, 126K)

Yes it is a hope for Linux.

Please do the needful

Your contribution

You mean the kernel? Yeah. It's the only thing they got right. It's the rest of that varies from mediocre to real horrorshow.

Linux is thriving, even Microsoft wants to use it.
Linus just wants people to use his kernel, he doesn't give a shit about freetards.

No, all the web servers in de world are being changed as we speak. What ridiculous microsoft behavior this

Why wouldn't he mean the kernel? Is there anything called Linux that isn't Linux, the kernel?

No, but there is for GNU, though.

Attached: BB4AD0D1-FF95-4254-A4AA-8CDB5EEC8AF3.png (1125x844, 1.93M)

Who are "they"?

Attached: 1546028039398.jpg (286x378, 63K)

Oh dear

Attached: 1514874410238.png (1024x768, 1018K)

why "people" think thi is something bad?
Linux will get great updates, money and, even if microsoft do shit things, it will not affect the free shit as in freedom

make one with "and suddenly for no reason, people voted for Hitler"

>linux is trash
>they use the penguin as a trash bag
based Microsoft

Attached: A3079849-2E88-4769-833F-320441E19C4E.jpg (1136x1136, 279K)

The watrmark kills it tbqh.

Let me find one without it. It came from the post image. Didn’t see it.

Attached: BC324E42-4BD4-4FD1-A115-D9EBFB924534.jpg (791x791, 162K)

No, once Torvalds dies it'll be just an enterprise tool.

So is it even worth to use _______ (insert distro)?

(((they)))

Linux has been ~1% of desktops for as long as I can remember and I don't expect that to change. I'm 100% cool with that since as always it Works on My Machine.

does microsoft still require a retarded key and force you to call a phone number if you've reinstalled your purchased copy of windows too many times?
do they still threaten to only work for 30 days if you decide that you would rather not be hassled?
do they still force updates on you, asserting that they know what's best?
i think linux is going to be just fine.

Linux is a kernel.

the sky is blue.
water is wet.
you are gay.
other things that are true.

Who pays for Windows and doesn't use activators? Plebs get fucked as they deserve.

Yes, the Linux kernel is part of the Linux operating system. Very good.

kek, thank you based Jow Forums user

There is no linux operating system. There is just a kernel which is used in systems like Android and a variant of GNU.

This. When will people understand that Linux was made by Richard Stallman and Linux kernel by Linus Torvalds?

If you mean on the client side of interwebs, android or chromeOS. If you mean on the server side, the best hope is the GNU operating system is the best hope for further widespread adoption.
I you mean for continuing improvement, the best hope for linux is the GNU operating system.