Name 1 (one) wifi adapter/driver that just fucking works on ubuntu I dare you

Name 1 (one) wifi adapter/driver that just fucking works on ubuntu I dare you

Attached: header-wna3100m-3-4lft-photo-large.png (440x293, 88K)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADXZ7ER4445
packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/all/linux-firmware/filelist
help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My Intel wireless on my X230T just werks.

My chink wifi dongle just works, while windows needs me to use the driver disc

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIADXZ7ER4445

too ez

The intergrated wifi on my Lenovo 710 yoga works perfectly. Also Alfa has like five "just werks" and then some adapters for Kali so it wouldn't be hard at all to just download the drivers.

winjeet op btfo

My 1990s scanner worked on Ubuntu and didn't on Windows. Something to do with there being no 64 bit drivers for Windows.

all of them?

> Jow Forums is NOT your personal tech support team or personal consumer review site.

I was dealing with a TP-Link one for over a year and then I just bought an Amazon Basics one. The Amazon Basics one works flawlessly.

Any cheap noname adapter with Atheros AR9271 or Mediatek mt7601u chipsets. You can check the linux-firmware package here
packages.ubuntu.com/bionic/all/linux-firmware/filelist
for a list of cheap chinkshit chipsets that just work.

like literally anything that's not broadcom

My Intel wireless on my T440P also just werkz.

siemens gigaset usb adapter 300
plug and play

I believe Ubuntu ships Broadcom drivers since 14.04 and you just have to enable it in a 2-click-away menu

Anything Intel, DLink, TP Link, ZTE, unbranded chink...

>using proprietary drivers

I have the Asus BT400 and it does work 90% of the time but after a while there was some conflict with my wifi adapter and linux (any distro) was just shitting itself and restarting them over and over again. This was the reason I got back to Windows

Well done, anons, well done. However...

Name 1 (one) PCMIA wifi adapter that just fucking works with Mint.

>PCMIA
Pulse Code Modulation International Association?

I haven't seen one of these since the days I was using my Microsoft MN-720 in my T23.

Attached: MN-720.jpg (1280x960, 78K)

Yes, but it just fucking werks, whether you use it or not boils down to your ethics. I prefer having wifi

Personal Computer Memory Card International Association
My T61p has 2 slots. Would be nice to save a USB port.

You want a USB one? TP-Link TL-WN725N just works with Debian stable and is like $10. I just downloaded the non-free drivers zip archive, extracted it, and tossed the non-free drivers into /firmware on the install media. Ubuntu 18+ probably has it by default. Just fucking works. I have two of them. One for a desktop, one for my laptop that had the internal WLAN fry itself.

>being a freetard faggot
Give birth, discord tranny.

Attached: 1547523725193.png (748x499, 408K)

Any Atheros AR9271 adapter will work, it even works with fsf distros because the firmware is free

Attached: eli2394.jpg (200x200, 10K)

I use a Creative X-Fi sound card in myT60's ExpressCard slot. Keep in mind that is what you have on your T61p, ExpressCard not CardBus. That Microsoft adapter is CardBus.

Pretty much anything made by Panda

If you're not using Panda, you're gonna have a bad time

I got an Asus one, it works immediately and perfectly. On Windows, I had to download a 200MB driver set for it.

literally anything with any atheros chip you fucking idiot
you cant even bother to google.
READ THE DOCS
help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs/WirelessCardsSupported

Here you go, jizztard. I plugged it in, and it just werked.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-12_18-57-44.png (1623x670, 304K)

I'll even post the speed I get with it, just to spoonfeed you more. I expect to get at least SILVER from you, or for you to gargle my semen, OP.
Low upload speed because that's what I pay for on the upload speed.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-05-12_19-01-51.png (405x141, 7K)

Any respectable gnu/linux user should only use freedom-respecting ThinkPenguin Wi-Fi adapters.

i've struggled with this for a long time. found out about BrosTrend AC1 and directly bought it. maybe the name is shit, but within 24 hours of contacting the tech support, i got my drivers. (they don't publish then elsewhere) it's definitely fast and also looks pretty good. would recommend