Why did apple stop making soulful designs?

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

68kmla.org/forums/index.php?/topic/28630-the-ibooks-logo/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The ibook was trash and pretty much only served as a disposable typewriter and Web 1.0 internet browser for college students

which pretty much ruined the laptop market because now its been a few decades and that bubble popped,and all of those people have tablets, now laptop manufacturers have no clue who buys laptops

What? Nobody buys tablets anymore, that shit was popular only between 2010 and 2014, then people realized their big ass phone served the same purpose or just bought a real laptop.

Why did "everyone" stop doing the clear colored plastic fad. God it was good times. I didn't have an apple but lots of other things also did this in the 80s/90s that I had.

I would buy an ipad if it had propper tools: terminal, vim, latex, furryfox etc..
And no botnet of course
The form factor and computational power of tthe. Ipad pro is sufficient enough to be a nice development machnine were it not for the apple fag walled garden shit

Because plastic looks cheap.

I had a cs professor that used an iPad for coding demos in lecture. They would just ssh into a Linux server and run vim from there.

soulful? shit, don't gotta make it racial bruh

iPad sales are actually up after stagnating for awhile. People just don't replace their tablets that frequently, and the Android tablet market is non-existent.

>I would buy an ipad if it had propper tools
but it doesn't so just stick with a regular computer
tablets are garbage

I like old macs but that design is shit

Attached: 1557160303930.png (772x763, 534K)

That's retarded because even the cheapest laptop could do the same thing, but better

K, but a tablet doesn't need a large bag to be carried in.

All that extra plastic uuuuu makes my nips tingle

>13" laptop needs a huge bag
You are either retarded or a manlet/backlet

the only thing really garbage about the first-gen iBook from my experience is just the utter lack of I/O, the built-in handle and roomy palm rests were pretty comfortable, the keyboard is nice too.

Apple stopped doing it because they already recaptured everyone’s attention.
Everyone else stopped doing it because Apple stopped doing it.

Still kind of want one of these.

Attached: E4018301-088C-462F-BD29-B09D9CE060A6.jpg (850x600, 290K)

Apple's soul died with Steve Jobs.

Wrong board.

Attached: 1556796076741.png (400x1650, 367K)

Honest question here:

I recently bought a tangerine iBook for completely nostalgic/historic purposes, but the stem (or leaf) on the front logo is missing. Although I've searched for it, it seems that this piece was easily lost and, when these kind of pieces become available, it is always the apple part, never the stem.

So, is there a nice replacement alternative for that part? I was thinking of clear orange acrylic, but I don't know if the colour will match the original Apple below. Anyone has any experience with this kind of repairs?

Attached: s-l1600[1].jpg (1200x1600, 211K)

see

Well done, Jimmy! Your boyfriend will be so proud of you when you tell him what a big boy you were on the internet today.

Now, let's try to get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard.

Attached: 4986325831127.gif (493x342, 480K)

>Now, let's try to get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard.
>apple users
Pick one.

nice one edgelord

might be a useful thread

personally I just wait for a beat to shit/parts one with an intact logo to show up somewhere and just cannibalize it, those guys are probably right about the apple but the leaf can usually be glued pretty easily.

I like the second generation iBooks. They had the right size and shape. Shame they were impossible to service.
I'd buy one with modern inards, 4K display and an easy to remove bottom lid for everything.

Attached: ibook-g3-hero1492025832162.jpg (2000x1333, 197K)

Well done, Jimmy! Your boyfriend will be so proud of you when you tell him what a big boy you were on the internet today.

Now, let's try to get an answer from someone who's not a complete retard.

Honest question here:

I recently bought a tangerine iBook for completely nostalgic/historic purposes, but the stem (or leaf) on the front logo is missing. Although I've searched for it, it seems that this piece was easily lost and, when these kind of pieces become available, it is always the apple part, never the stem.

So, is there a nice replacement alternative for that part? I was thinking of clear orange acrylic, but I don't know if the colour will match the original Apple below. Anyone has any experience with this kind of repairs?

K, but a tablet doesn't need a large bag to be carried in.

That's a big mouse button

Honest question here:

might be a useful thread

personally I just wait for a beat to shit/parts one with an intact logo to show up somewhere and just cannibalize it, those guys are probably right about the apple but the leaf can usually be glued pretty easily.

I still drag a G4 around sometimes, still pretty decent if you want a little machine to carry around for SSH and Email plus the tons of non-internet stuff that still runs fine on them.

IT LOOKS LIKE A FUCKING TOILET

It look cheap and smell like armpit. True pinnacle of design there.

That's a big mouse button

the only thing really garbage about the first-gen iBook from my experience is just the utter lack of I/O, the built-in handle and roomy palm rests were pretty comfortable, the keyboard is nice too.

All that extra plastic uuuuu makes my nips tingle

it's incredible how much more usable Jow Forums is with a filter

i dont come here for the usefulness

It look cheap and smell like armpit. True pinnacle of design there.

Still kind of want one of these.

The 12" PowerBook G4 were way better, the iBook's clear keyboard looked like shit

>13" laptop needs a huge bag
You are either retarded or a manlet/backlet

the aluminum has such shit quality though, it's hard to find one that doesn't have dents or an utterly destroyed bottom case without paying a premium

That sucks, I've been passively trying to find one for a while, but everyone selling them seems to think they're either macbook pros or worth macbook pro money

I'm glad I'm not the only being in the universe that likes the clamshell iBook design. Apple was always style over substance, but at least they had style at one point.

Have sex.

have straight sex

The clamshell laptops were playful but not really well loved by the market. Stupid stuff like the hockey puck mouse did nothing to improve the view of Apple's UX design at the time.

i miss IBM

That's soulful? It looks like a Japanese toilet.

Frankly, that didn't look good when it was first released and it looks even worse now. The design was targeting feminine and computer illiterate users.

There's a bunch of user serviceable parts in one of these.
Shame the hard drive isn't one of them

also, that fucking failure rate

That sucks, I've been passively trying to find one for a while, but everyone selling them seems to think they're either macbook pros or worth macbook pro money

the aluminum has such shit quality though, it's hard to find one that doesn't have dents or an utterly destroyed bottom case without paying a premium

That's soulful? It looks like a Japanese toilet.

Frankly, that didn't look good when it was first released and it looks even worse now. The design was targeting feminine and computer illiterate users.

The clamshell laptops were playful but not really well loved by the market. Stupid stuff like the hockey puck mouse did nothing to improve the view of Apple's UX design at the time.

>The design was targeting feminine and computer illiterate users.
So nothing has changed in the past 20 years